Recommended Posts

Robotics Bay

Late-game structure allowing you to create automated units.

Why?

  • Creating late-game goals
  • Automation to replace repetitiveness
  • Use of late-game resources

The idea

Structure (2 titanium) - Robotics Bay

Drones:

Drone base - 4 titanium

Drone upgrades:

Companion drone (follows you, can be interacted with to view the map, carries up to 4 items) - 4 lithium

Scouting drone (maps the uncharted area, pin-pointing resources, rares and points of interest) - 4 aluminum

Mining Drone (slowly gathers/generates materials that are present on the planet, even when player isn't on that planet) - 4 titanium

 

Satellites:

Satellite base - 8 titanium

Satellite solar array - 8 compound

Satellite battery - 8 lithium

Satellite upgrades:

Energy satellite (doubles astroneer's energy recharge rate when on the same planet) - 8 lithium

Satellite station (allows travel to planets that are further away, allows you to dock onto it) - 8 compound

Oxygen satellite (Slowly, Oxidizes the planet it's orbiting, decreasing the rate at which oxygen is consumed on that planet) - 8 organic

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, laukys said:

Robotics Bay

Late-game structure allowing you to create automated units.

Why?

  • Creating late-game goals
  • Automation to replace repetitiveness
  • Use of late-game resources

The idea

Structure (2 titanium) - Robotics Bay

Drones:

Drone base - 4 titanium

Drone upgrades:

Companion drone (follows you, can be interacted with to view the map, carries up to 4 items) - 4 lithium

Scouting drone (maps the uncharted area, pin-pointing resources, rares and points of interest) - 4 aluminum

Mining Drone (slowly gathers/generates materials that are present on the planet, even when player isn't on that planet) - 4 titanium

 

Satellites:

Satellite base - 8 titanium

Satellite solar array - 8 compound

Satellite battery - 8 lithium

Satellite upgrades:

Energy satellite (doubles astroneer's energy recharge rate when on the same planet) - 8 lithium

Satellite station (allows travel to planets that are further away, allows you to dock onto it) - 8 compound

Oxygen satellite (Slowly, Oxidizes the planet it's orbiting, decreasing the rate at which oxygen is consumed on that planet) - 8 organic

 

 

 

 

 

Dont think the scouting drone would be such a good idea, as a map in this game should only show what, and where you have visited, so that it cant be used in a way it shouldnt. I agree that the game needs a map, and it should only show where you have been, and you should also not be able to move fast with it up.

The oxygen satellite, should have close to 0 effect, which means that it should be cheaper, and it should be able to send up many of them, and in the process oxidyzing the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LiteX99 said:

Dont think the scouting drone would be such a good idea, as a map in this game should only show what, and where you have visited, so that it cant be used in a way it shouldnt. I agree that the game needs a map, and it should only show where you have been, and you should also not be able to move fast with it up.

The oxygen satellite, should have close to 0 effect, which means that it should be cheaper, and it should be able to send up many of them, and in the process oxidyzing the planet.

Yeah I think that's very reasonable. I don't think you should even be able to move while having the map up.

I think you're right about the oxygen satellites, every planned should require a different number of satellites to fully oxidize them, possibly scaling with planet size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the purpose of Astroneer is to explore planets by yourself.

 

With scouting drones that make maps for you, you loose the real interest of this game. ;) 

 

Same for the oxygen satelites.

Moreover, there's already the oxygen tank you can fix on your backpack. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't see that big of a problem with this.  I think if you tweaked the features of the drones you could have awesome potential without taking away from the exploration.  Like if you had two bases on the same planet you could have a drone that would slowly lay down a road from one to the next.  

There really isn't a problem with automated mining.  The problem is that there needs to be end game content that requires a lot of materials to craft.  Like 10-20 resources or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thing the Idea is good but we must think about it,how it will scale and things ,the recipe and stuff like this.

I very much like the Idea with the Space Station and the  Satellite solar array.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forgo said:

Add so much automation, this becomes a clicker game. 

 

 

i'm not sure if you want automation or not (it is hard to tell with your comment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I freaking love this idea! I have been racking my brain on how to further add automation outside of a base and this is just it. I'm not too keen on the energy/oxygen satellites but the rest I'm all for! 

Now, I have a question to pose you. I have a very large thread of ideas, suggestions, tweaks and changes that I've been working on and I was wondering if I could borrow from this and add it to mine? Feel free to check out my thread and see if you like what I have because I'd love your support. Either way, you have my support and I will follow! Keep it up and we can make this game even greater than it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm against automation for those confused. 

Power and Oxygen links makes sense, but having too much automation would make this game everything that isn't what attracted me to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

I freaking love this idea! I have been racking my brain on how to further add automation outside of a base and this is just it. I'm not too keen on the energy/oxygen satellites but the rest I'm all for! 

Now, I have a question to pose you. I have a very large thread of ideas, suggestions, tweaks and changes that I've been working on and I was wondering if I could borrow from this and add it to mine? Feel free to check out my thread and see if you like what I have because I'd love your support. Either way, you have my support and I will follow! Keep it up and we can make this game even greater than it is!

Sure go ahead, these are just some rough late-game.

Right now the game is fun, but without any late-game goals, it can become stale rather fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, laukys said:

Sure go ahead, these are just some rough late-game.

Right now the game is fun, but without any late-game goals, it can become stale rather fast.

Awesome, I'll be sure to include it in my next update in the thread as well as credit you for the idea! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Forgo said:

I'm against automation for those confused. 

Power and Oxygen links makes sense, but having too much automation would make this game everything that isn't what attracted me to it. 

Well without automation you are penalized for traveling to a new planet, because you cannot manage the production back home. Which means that there has to be an incentive for traveling to a new planet that outweighs the negative aspects of leaving home. With multiple planets and more to come, it will require exponentially more development time to create new content for each planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, laukys said:

Well without automation you are penalized for traveling to a new planet, because you cannot manage the production back home. Which means that there has to be an incentive for traveling to a new planet that outweighs the negative aspects of leaving home. With multiple planets and more to come, it will require exponentially more development time to create new content for each planet.

Again, this isn't a clicker game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Idea, however, I do think it could use some balancing.

Regarding Scout and Miner Drones

While the scouting drone is a good idea, I personally disagree with the concept of a map in this game at all so I will have to side with everyone else on this one. But I do think that if the scout was combined with the miner the new drone would be a long distance resource gatherer. The drone would have a time option where the player would set the amount of time that it would go out gathering and it would have a resource option where the player would set the one and only resource that the drone would gather. the drone would then go out and gather said resource for the specified amount of time and its yield would depend on the availability of the resource in the area and the time given.

For example, if there was, say, a large quantity of resin in the area then you could send your drone out to gather resin for a shorter amount of time as it would not have to travel very far to get to the resin.However, if there is a lack of resin in the area you will have to send the drone out for longer so as to give it time to travel the longer distance.

Lastly, the drone would have a limited carrying space and if that space is filled before the time is up the Drone will return to the robot bay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now