Dolvondo

Vehicles should have limited oxygen supply

I think that taking a road trip should consist of better planning, personally I just think that it would be more exciting if your life was in danger a little more, so why not put a large oxygen tank on the rover or truck? I see these oxygen deposits, and I laugh because Ive already built a net of tethers or filters that will keep me alive. simply put the oxygen tank on the side of the truck with the power cell indicators, and when I enter the truck/rover, Ill absorb the oxygen supply stored in the vehicle.

37 minutes ago, Dolvondo said:

I think that taking a road trip should consist of better planning, personally I just think that it would be more exciting if your life was in danger a little more, so why not put a large oxygen tank on the rover or truck? I see these oxygen deposits, and I laugh because Ive already built a net of tethers or filters that will keep me alive. simply put the oxygen tank on the side of the truck with the power cell indicators, and when I enter the truck/rover, Ill absorb the oxygen supply stored in the vehicle.

Not a bad idea.

The problem of the saving base can be solved by equipping the vehicle with a big filter. Just like the small ones we can plug on our backpack, but without decay.

I'd like more challenge where vehicles have limited oxygen. There's not enough risk with venturing too far away, nor any reason to collect oxygen at the moment once you have a vehicle.

The 'save point' issue is valid; perhaps then it needs to be readdressed?

Vehicles then should have tanks, plus extras we can add. Whilst driving, this oxygen is consumed. 'Saving' becomes unavailable unless tethered, to guarantee an oxygen supply...

You could solve this by assuming that the vehicle can regenerate O2 as long it has a power supply. We must assume the hub has some source of power generation (nuclear perhaps, similar to how astroneer slowly makes power) and ability to recycle air or produce new O2. Only when the vehicle runs out of power would it begin depleting a large oxygen tank (new craft-able item). The power consumption required to make O2 could be minimal, perhaps the equipment is just so large it can't fit on Astoneers space suit.

End result could be that if you are off exploring in a rover and don't bring backup batteries, wind turbine, or O2 tank, you will probably die in the night if you keep driving.

However I think this should definitely be on a difficulty toggle.

It's dangerous enough as it is when the vehicle runs out of power, so then you're stranded in the middle of nowhere, if it had a limited oxygen supply, that would be a bit difficult to survive. Personally there should be a difficulty setting, with different oxygen consumption levels and if it's set to the hardest difficulty or something then everything would have a limited oxygen supply?

Not sure you want to venture far away from your base in a vehicle (after all, exploration is what they are for) and get caught in a storm. You will get in the vehicle for safety, so that things don't hit you, but you will suffocate in the rover/truck by the time the storm passes.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, Space_Face said:

It's dangerous enough as it is when the vehicle runs out of power, so then you're stranded in the middle of nowhere, if it had a limited oxygen supply, that would be a bit difficult to survive. Personally there should be a difficulty setting, with different oxygen consumption levels and if it's set to the hardest difficulty or something then everything would have a limited oxygen supply?

Yes, the game is quite easy in this mode but being able to play at a more difficult setting would be awesome. A way you could indicate that the vehicle or base is getting low on oxygen, would be to have the tethers or buildings begin to flash indicating low oxygen.

You could even have a harder setting where you need to manage oxygen and manage hunger.

oxygen runs out fast enough as it is. id rather use my truck as a mini mobile base when im away, since the chances of me carrying enough tethers all the way out there is very slim. I don't think the truck should be infinite, only a habitat should be able to provide that kind of functionality. but what if there was a Pump Attachment that could be made that converts the air of the planet into breathable oxygen at a certain rate.

I think best way to do such things ist make some difficults or, even better, full customizable difficults.

The Way why we need o2 on the earth like planet, i dont know. There is enough vegetation so there should be enough o2 to breathe.

For the beginn, and that ist state of Game, an easy difficult it will be easier playable for all kinds of player and you can experiment many things to test all and make the game better and better.