When playing multiplayer, and if a non-host player gets in a vehicle, after a few seconds the vehicle will glitch up and fly in the air. If you launch into space you can see all the vehicles floating in orbit mocking you as you go and build another truck/rover, which will also go warp into the atmosphere. (I have only found that this occurs in land based vehicles, and not the shuttle/spaceship)

Adding extra info:

• Client: Steam
  • Input: Keyboard/Mouse
  • Steps to reproduce error
    • Launch a multiplayer game with your bros
    • Make a rover or truck
    • Put a seat
    • Ask non-host player to try to drive the vehicle somewhere
    • Sometimes it glitches
  • Unknown if issue is caused by latency/network bandwidth

I have experienced this as well (although I've not seen the vehicles flying through space). In my case this happened 3 times—twice to me, once to another person. It didn't happen immediately; I was actually able to drive the truck for quite awhile before it occurred. It seemed to happen when I was maneuvering the truck over rocky areas or through a narrow space.

Edited by TimidClef
9 minutes ago, TimidClef said:

I have experienced this as well (although I've not seen the vehicles flying through space). In my case this happened 3 times—twice to me, once to another person. It didn't happen immediately; I was actually able to drive the truck for quite awhile before it occurred. It seemed to happen when I was maneuvering the truck over rocky areas or through a narrow space.

I experienced precisely the same scenario how it happened when i was playing with my mate.

• 3 months later...

Having the same issue here with a friend. It happens when she drives any of the vehicles, or if she's in a passenger seat of a travelling vehicle and exits. 

astroneer_0-2.png

On 16/01/2017 at 5:55 AM, indianpoptart said:

When playing multiplayer, and if a non-host player gets in a vehicle, after a few seconds the vehicle will glitch up and fly in the air. If you launch into space you can see all the vehicles floating in orbit mocking you as you go and build another truck/rover, which will also go warp into the atmosphere. (I have only found that this occurs in land based vehicles, and not the shuttle/spaceship)

It happens the same with me while playing co-op, exactly.

It's kind of worrying that this was reported more than 3 months ago and it hasn't been solved yet...

Edited by Kabanellas

Because the problem is related directly to the physx engine and the only way to really fix it would be to make it skip and bounce all over hell as the server would have to force update the vehicle position endlessly.  That or actually program in some kind of dampening for physx collisions and/or remove things causing the issue like the client players actually being rendered UNDER the vehicle like I seen recently.  Those nice rocks laying around everywere, yea those dont help the matter either but hey you cant win them all.

For the record this is called "Space Kraken" on Kerbal Space Program.  However that game has issues because of how each part is generally its own physx item and  they all collide at random..  Still my money is gonna sit on the fact that the player  bodies are actually under the truck/rovers, which also explains the extreme number of vehicle flipping incidents I saw when I was leaving the vehicle(s) as well as getting stuck in the terrain constantly as I was already in the terrain each and every time I drove one of them.

It should be noted that Rovers and Trucks are unnaturally light weight and do infact fly around far too easily.

Edit: Personally I'm still irritated that the multiplayer aspect of this game is horribly broken and my personal truck I had on my friends game decided to explode into the void of not in the game anymore taking my rare materials with it.. eg batteries and then some.  To be fair I think it was actaully deleted from the game world..  I would have seen it in the cave system under where it happened, or in the sky when I did the flying magic chair trick to see if it was just stuck up in the sky..  Btw why is the Camera so friggin derpy and cant look up?

Edited by Daya