Sign in to follow this  
spec24

Meteors! We've got to have meteors!

As Secret Squirrel already mentioned, natural disasters such as meteors would be great. But I think meteors would be very cool. Randomized around the planet, of course - we wouldn't want them just hitting our bases. But you could see them come down in the distance, they would deform the world and make enormous craters. And they could carry rare minerals, plant life, or creatures. Seeing one hit at a distance and traveling out to see what happened (damage) and what came with it would be a lot of fun! Of course this would open up the need for space based weapons systems to defend against incoming asteroids that actually might damage your base/s.

The devs of the game said they want to work towards a lot of things like meteors. I think I read this the road map if you want to check it out and see there plans. But I think its a good idea with the rare minerals and new plant life on the meteors, as well if your in a radius when it hits, you will get damaged by rocks and things of that nature.

It would be cool to find rare to find materials or research pods inside the crashed meteors. Just getting it out there, I'm sure it has been mentioned before.