Inventory tweaks. I agree with everything you posted on this, the partial resource packs drive me nuts as I have to keep the storage rack set aside until I go mining for the same resource again. A way of combining partials, perhaps on the smelter would be nice.

2 minutes ago, WhosTog said:

Inventory tweaks. I agree with everything you posted on this, the partial resource packs drive me nuts as I have to keep the storage rack set aside until I go mining for the same resource again. A way of combining partials, perhaps on the smelter would be nice.

Yeah, it's so annoying.

Fuel condensers and trade stations. 

I've posted on several threads on this topic. Hydrazine should be mined as a raw material and converted to fuel by the condenser - no more of this free fuel crap. See my reply to posts about asteroids containing large deposits of single elements.

Ditch the trade platform unless you are trading in multiplayer with another Astroneer - this is another free lunch that has to go.

I support easier level settings for new players or people who like these platforms and a hard setting that follows the above.

• Deconstructing: definitely 
  • Waypoint: agree.
  • Spaceship changes: agree
  • Mobile Oxygen Generation: totally agree, we've discussed on my post
  • Base/Vehicle Damage: not a fan of this idea. We have high tech polymers in the 25th century that can take any abuse - except perhaps reentry

15 hours ago, WhosTog said:
  • Deconstructing: definitely 
  • Waypoint: agree.
  • Spaceship changes: agree
  • Mobile Oxygen Generation: totally agree, we've discussed on my post
  • Base/Vehicle Damage: not a fan of this idea. We have high tech polymers in the 25th century that can take any abuse - except perhaps reentry

Doesn't matter what stage of the future it is, everything will eventually wear down to the elements. That being said, this feature could easily be toggled on difficult modes if some people do not like it.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

Just an addition to add to the main post from talking with people on here and other threads:

Oxygen: it's too easy to come by and needs to have a risk reward system.

Suit Modules, Vehicles, and Vehicle parts: talking with some people, I had some changes and additions to these.

love the idea it is too easy now to just get lot copond and take a longe line of tetter for a long distiange

On 20/01/2017 at 1:43 AM, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

Well, like it or not, I'm nearly certain that base/vehicle damage will be added eventually. It might even be optional, giving different difficulty modes. As for your base predicament. There's an easy fix. Research a habitat, print one and plop it down anywhere; even next to your previous base. It may not be able to connect, but you sure can expand.

I feel that some damage would add the the game. And make for a extra layer of complexity. As a player you would have to protect your base from storms by lets say terraforming an outer wall arround your base of build a wall unit for fence. With an automated door or some thing.

Not to much storm damage but just enough a make for some extra game play.

Hello, guys! What do you think about this?

Spoiler

First I will say that I am from Russia and use Google translator, maybe not very well know English, please don't blame me.

I have a bunch of ideas for the development of this game and try to present them all in one post.

Building modules:

At this stage of the game construction modules are very, very few to survive and you need to add very much!

Available modules:

1) living module (should have a limited supply of oxygen for 15 minutes, the supply of food for 40 minutes, drinking water for 30 minutes and energy 15 minutes will expire if the stock module, there is a switch on the spacesuit of the hero. This is for one person, two consumption should be increased by half). To restock the residential module you need to approach it and put the resources. The resources themselves are not filled, with the exception of the oxygen and energy, but more on that later.

2) research module (everything you need is there and I don't think something should be changed)

3) foundry

4) printer (you need to add the printing of exoskeleton)

5) capacitor fuel

6) the sales module

7) transport module (it needs to be split into 2 transport module, for space and ground. That is, place one module two module. A single module will produce a spaceships, the nodes for the space station and much more. The second transport module will produce trucks, planetary Rovers, jet packs, even the little things and more)

Now what I think you should add:

8) oxygen create module - need to generate oxygen for the living module (In addition to the construction module, you need to get certain plants that will produce oxygen), using a single module oxygen must be restored for a long time. With one module the oxygen a little bit reduced if the hero moves a lot, runs, jumps and so on. In General, one module hero just should not die from suffocation, a greater need to build, as they need more oxygen for the machines (no replenishment on truck supply of oxygen 15 minutes and on the planetar Rover 10 minutes, running and jumping reduce the stock stronger) and space ships (can be reserved 20 minutes of oxygen, consumed during the flight, can pump out oxygen for other space and ground station. The oxygen module can contain up to 15 minutes of oxygen. Oxygen module generates oxygen, while live plants and while they do photosynthesis from the sun.

In addition to internal reserves to add oxygen cylinders of different sizes which can be transported between the stations or use a hero.

9)Compressor oxygen module - Needed to create oxygen tanks in reserve for example capacitor fuel. Can produce small, medium and large cylinder. Little takes one slot, medium takes 2 slots and a large 4 slots. Small tanks accommodates 5 minutes, medium 10 minutes and 20 minutes large. Oxygen from the tank can be pumped from anywhere to anywhere when you connect to a place, but not spent when it is installed on warehouse. Partial cylinders may be supplemented from the compressor. The compressor will be able to create the oxygen tank only if on the base there is extra oxygen! If not enough, then you cannot create!

10) module of processing of water to drinking water. The water is only on one or two planets, the rest are other liquid is unsuitable for recycling, they maybe dangerous for hero. Therefore, water will need to be transported between the bases on the planets. The water is stored in cylinders. Only in hand delivered to a residential module. The module must be replenished with water from the planet and after processing can keep the 15 minute scale water.

Mark: basic characteristics of the spacesuit (blank) include 1.5 minutes of oxygen, food for 15 minutes, water for 10 minutes and energy as now.

11) food module - grows food for the hero and extends a living module, increasing the time spent without food. One module includes 20 minutes scale meals. Also in this module you can collect food and move it to the dwelling unit. To grow food, you need to buy it in the sales module or search this on the planet.

12) Storage module - needed to store resources (food, water, oxygen) in reserve. Can store 20 minutes of oxygen, food for 40 minutes, 30 minutes of drinking water, 30 minutes energy, and has 20 slots for storage things.

Mark: while running and jumping faster the oxygen is consumed, when dragging heavy objects faster you consume food and water. If wearing an exoskeleton, their consumption remains the same, but faster energy consume.

13) And finally the sweetest, module of energy shield - necessary to protect the buildings from destruction as a result of dust storms, meteor shower. Also inside you can arrange a favorable atmosphere for breathing and seedlings of plants generating oxygen. The shield can be done the same as in star wars part 1. The energy shield can have 10 levels of capture of the square with each level the energy consumption increases proportionally. If the energy is not enough, the shield reduces the level of engagement to an acceptable level to energy enough. At level 1 the shield can power one small solar battery, at level 10 you need much more power! Through the shield can pass all sorts of animals, people and other. If you run up, the shield will not flow in or out.

You need to add a destruction system for buildings and their subsequent repair. Part of the devastation they will continue to operate with reduced functionality. For example, to produce less oxygen or fewer cells for storage. For repairs need resources, so they began to function at 100%.

Need mobs on the planet. Friendly, neutral and aggressive. If you kill some, they can bring some food, some resources, which can be exchanged for necessary. Aggressive can sometimes attack the base and destroy buildings, but not completely, and partially. But most importantly, while you are away or are on another planet, you are not immune from attack mobs on other planets. You still need to add the beacon detection risk on the basis and to warn the hero. Of course, if the hero is on another planet, then the signal comes with some delay. That is, the attack has already happened, and the hero only saw the signal.

Need to add universal currency, which you can find on the planets and which can be exchanged for the correct resource! Still, the game needs to fit the description. It's a gold rush and you need a valuable resource that can be sold for the required resource.

Perhaps I dwell on this, as I have described only a single branch of development, and there is a branch PVE and mining resources. But about them later. I hope you add all described)

Spoiler

14) Transfer energy module - feature of the energy transfer pulse from the space station to earth. This module will be very expensive in terms of construction, but very effective. You can use the stored energy on the Orbiter transmitted to earth. This module will contain a large capacity battery. And can charge a single pulse 2-3 large batteries. You can also transfer energy to the station. Since the station orbits the planet, it is possible at some point to make the pulse energy and transmit it in one direction. It is also possible in the same way to refit the space station and transfer energy between them. Will be one space station around the planet (they still need to build) such a pleasure is very expensive.

Spoiler

Developing the theme of wild animals, I want to see the game has 3 kind of animal - friendly, neutral and aggressive. As I said, the aggressive animals will sometimes attack the base and destroy buildings and almost always the majority of edible resources (food, water).

Also want to see the game extended system of PVE and the opportunity to tame friendly animals and get them all sorts of resources necessary for survival. You can also make them fight aggressive mobs, but more often in battles they should be weaker. In the end, it all depends on the hero.

It is desirable to add the planets to the Treasury, and there is a very strong mobs in security. But it is at the discretion of the developers. Just an idea.

What about space stations? They can be build on the planet and put into orbit. On the space station will have its dangers. Will often fly meteor showers and damaging part of the station because of what it will run at half strength. After repair it will work 100%. The purpose of the space station in the sale of valuable resources, and generate large amounts of energy, which you can send to a planet where there is lack of energy. And the space station will be to collect information from the satellites and tell the hero about the environment.

Edited by SunnyDay

A simple bump. I've head a small post planned with other ideas I think should be added but I've been really busy this weekend; life is fun! e.e anyway, just wanted to keep this thread alive, I plan to make that post tomorrow or Wednesday!