WhosTog

Hoarders Challenge

6 minutes ago, WhosTog said:

Heading to Arid soon, hopefully a good supply there. 

I believe Arid has Malachite on the surface and Radiated has Laterite

I wonder if it is consistent. In my last world, Barren had laterite everywhere on the surface. In this one, malachite is everywhere. We will see.

The FPS problem seems to be winning this challenge. I'm down to about 18 fps consistently and my trucks are behaving badly. I will put this challenge on hold until we get a decent patch of the FPS issue. I guess I'll go back to Minecraft for a while. :)

20170124002646_1.jpg

6 hours ago, WhosTog said:

The FPS problem seems to be winning this challenge. I'm down to about 18 fps consistently and my trucks are behaving badly. I will put this challenge on hold until we get a decent patch of the FPS issue. I guess I'll go back to Minecraft for a while. :)

20170124002646_1.jpg

I was afraid of that.  Hope you are able to get this challenge completed.  I will most likely hold of attempting it until a couple of performance patches come out.

On 1/24/2017 at 7:09 PM, ApoNono said:

I was afraid of that.  Hope you are able to get this challenge completed.  I will most likely hold of attempting it until a couple of performance patches come out.

This from the developers:

NOTES:

• Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.

On 21/01/2017 at 6:53 AM, ozvoxhumana68 said:

Well I didn't follow the challenge at all. But I did possibly collect more research balls than was strictly necessary.

astro_04.png

That's pretty damn amazing.  Most I've ever had is maybe a dozen in a hole.

If Astroneer was World of Warcraft, this would be a quest rewarding a crane, which works 0,21% faster.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:20 AM, WhosTog said:

Hoarders Challenge 

The EXO Dynamics Corporation has given you a mission.

Start a new world.
Collect and accumulate the following:

A full truck each (8 storage units, 64 pcs) of every resource both refined and unrefined:

Compound 
Resin
Laterite 
Malachite
Copper
Aluminum 
Hydrazine 
Coal
Lithium 
Titanium 
Hematite 
Astronium
Power
Oxygen 

You need to line up 14 trucks with double storage ready for pickup by the mother ship.
Bonus Challenge:
Collect a rover full (4 slots) of each unique type of research item, according to the (http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Artifacts), there are currently 19 such items. Again, line up your 19 rovers with single storage for pickup by the company.

Rules:
Items to be collected must be brought back to your starting base.
No trade stations.
No fuel condensers

Good luck. Feel free to post your progress and your completed collection of goodies.

holy sh*t

On 1/28/2017 at 10:20 PM, Martin said:

That's pretty damn amazing.  Most I've ever had is maybe a dozen in a hole.

teach me your ways

The 155 patch looked promising as the FPS issue is much improved. I was thinking about stating this up again, but the research curve has put a damper on that. Until the next patch...

I actually did something like this a while ago, but it was on my first file so I've since abandoned it :P I was taking screenshots for a physics project I was doing, and needed resources, which is why some of them aren't filled up completely.

361420_20170502223340_1.png

@WhosTog, my submission for this challenge can be seen in the video. It is incomplete, as I cannot face collecting all the research items with the frame rate as low as it is. However, I do have over 50 zebra, spotted and checkered balls in total and I have lined up the large rovers (several times!) in the order listed in your original post, so I hope this qualifies for a gold or platinum certification from you! I feel like I should be certified somehow after playing so long with this amount of lag :D.

When we get further FPS improvements and large storage on base modules, I might go after the research items if this save continues to work. In the meantime, I'm going back to hoarding only resin on Barren, as that save runs nice and quickly. At about 1075 pieces so far.

Thanks for posting this challenge, hoping you can jump back in and complete it yourself sometime soon.

@time_trial, that is absolutely awesome! Kudos for nailing the hematite, where did you find it all? And those Zebra balls... I'm speechless. I had no idea you could find so many. I'm going to need a special category for you; how about Plutonium? :D

Well done! 

4 hours ago, WhosTog said:

@time_trial, that is absolutely awesome! Kudos for nailing the hematite, where did you find it all? And those Zebra balls... I'm speechless. I had no idea you could find so many. I'm going to need a special category for you; how about Plutonium? :D

Well done! 

Thanks! I started collecting the zebra balls as they continue to spawn on Tundra. When I got to about 40, I looked for something else to collect and hematite was something I'd never found, so I went to Arid and then Exotic to get the 64 needed for your challenge. After that, I had to get all the materials collected; it is indeed an addiction and an affliction.

Plutonium is cool B|.

24 minutes ago, Neotix said:

You want the hard challenge? Blow up the moon :D

That really is a hard challenge and I do want to try it. For now, I am watching someone else do it instead :D.

Time to get this party started again. If you want to kill your FPS in a hurry, print up about 16 trucks.

20170731194651_1.jpg