WhosTog

Hoarders Challenge

Hoarders Challenge 

The EXO Dynamics Corporation has given you a mission.

Start a new world.
Collect and accumulate the following:

A full truck each (8 storage units, 64 pcs) of every resource both refined and unrefined:

Compound 
Resin
Laterite 
Malachite
Copper
Aluminum 
Hydrazine 
Coal
Lithium 
Titanium 
Hematite 
Astronium
Power
Oxygen 

You need to line up 14 trucks with double storage ready for pickup by the mother ship.
Bonus Challenge:
Collect a rover full (4 slots) of each unique type of research item, according to the (http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Artifacts), there are currently 19 such items. Again, line up your 19 rovers with single storage for pickup by the company.

Rules:
Items to be collected must be brought back to your starting base.
No trade stations.
No fuel condensers

Good luck. Feel free to post your progress and your completed collection of goodies.

Nice idea. But 64 pieces of each? Wow.

I could imagine that it gets a little tedious to collect the suggested amounts. I guess this challenge is indeed made for actual hoarders. ;) Maybe do some leveling, for example start with 4 or 8 pieces (i.e. half or full small storage) of each resource kind?

I think I like the bonus challenge even better. As a standalone challenge, I would also lower its requirements to maybe 2 artifacts (i.e. one full rover without added storage) of each kind. By the way, aren't some of the artifacts shown in the images on the Astroneer Gamepedia's page just color variations of the same type? For example, I'd consider both hostile flora variants as the same type. Similarly, of the generic variants, I would call each pair of the shown images a single type, just with different coloring (with the exception of the last one which seems to be unique). Thus, I see a total of "only" 12 artifact types.

Ok, I'm game, we can have a "junior" version of the challenge. ?(Maybe bronze, silver and gold levels)

Personally, I have a serious hoarding affliction in this game(see some of my other posts), so I'm going for the grand slam.

My inclination is to stick with all the color varieties of the research, just because it will look cooler.

[updated challenge format]

Hoarders Challenge 

The EXO Dynamics company has given you a mission. Your compensation and reputation will depend upon the level you achieve.

Start a new world.
Collect and accumulate the following:

Compound 
Resin
Laterite 
Malachite
Copper
Aluminum 
Hydrazine 
Coal
Lithium 
Titanium 
Hematite 
Astronium
Organic
Power
Oxygen 

Achievement Levels:

Bronze:
A full rover w/add on storage each (4 storage units, 32pcs) of every resource.

Silver:
A full rover w/add on storage each (4 storage units, 32pcs) of every resource.
A rover full (2 slots) of each unique type of research item, according to the (http://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Artifacts), there are currently 19 such items.

Gold:
A full truck w/add on storage each (8 storage units, 64pcs) of every resource.
A rover full (2 slots) of each unique type of research item.

Platinum:
A full truck w/add on storage each (8 storage units, 64pcs) of every resource.
A rover w/add on storage full (4 slots) of each unique type of research item

Astronium:
 Platinum + the Zebra Ball

You need to line up trucks and/rovers ready for pickup by the mother ship.

Rules:
Items to be collected must be brought back to your starting base.
No trade stations.
No fuel condensers

Are you a certifiable hoarder and up for the challenge? 
Good luck! 
Feel free to post your progress and your completed collection of goodies.

Off to a good start. It's going to take a ton of compound and aluminum just to build all the trucks and rovers. The FPS issues may be the winner of this challenge, already seeing a slight drop. Let's see how far I get. 

20170117104206_1.jpg

I've only headed to the moon (barren) so far to collect the initial research to unlock everything. I'm up to about 8 vehicles at this point and they have occasionally become twitchy on me, but so far, none have fallen through the ground. 

This is the kind of challenges that I hope eventually get implemented into the game.  A campaign-type scenario would be awesome too!!

This sounds like a fun challenge, I may have to join you on this one.  The FPS and Truck Glitch may end up being the winner.

Might try to step through the tiers so that if the FPS does try to win I can at least finish with a placement :)

I'm trying for Gold as my first stop which is why I'm building the trucks instead of all rovers, though maybe I will half load them and progress through the list in order. If I can get to gold it will just be matter of upgrading the rover storage and getting the additional research. I found the zebra ball for the first time ever yesterday, so if I can get to the Gold level without the FPS problem crushing me, Astronium level is in the bag. Be prepared to collect colossal amounts of compound and aluminum.  

You ain't seen nothing yet. 

Aluminum is starting to become a problem with all the trucks I have to build. Heading to Arid soon, hopefully a good supply there. 

20170120231416_1.jpg