Jigster124

Space dog

Basically a dog that you can find... somewhere. It has a little space suit and a back pack to store extra items. You can bring it in you rover or truck with a little doggy seat that takes up one section (same with shuttle but with a little doggy pod.) When you die it will lie dow by your body till you come to retrieve it. You can put the small batteries/tanks on its back and then you can tether to it to have more power/oxygen. Please do this and give it an adorable little helmet plz.

8 hours ago, Jigster124 said:

Basically a dog that you can find... somewhere. It has a little space suit and a back pack to store extra items. You can bring it in you rover or truck with a little doggy seat that takes up one section (same with shuttle but with a little doggy pod.) When you die it will lie dow by your body till you come to retrieve it. You can put the small batteries/tanks on its back and then you can tether to it to have more power/oxygen. Please do this and give it an adorable little helmet plz.

Lmao cute id like something like that.

14 hours ago, Jigster124 said:

no make it so that the dog does not need power or oxygen cause then i don't want to watch him die

3 hours ago, Velocity_9 said:

no make it so that the dog does not need power or oxygen cause then i don't want to watch him die

No, the dog itself does not have an oxygen or energy meter but you can put batteries on his pack that you can use, once they run out you do not suck out it's oxygen till it suffocates, that would be cruel and terrible

Just now, Jigster124 said:

No, the dog itself does not have an oxygen or energy meter but you can put batteries on his pack that you can use, once they run out you do not suck out it's oxygen till it suffocates, that would be cruel and terrible

oh thank god i thought you had other plans

NEW IDEA: On different planets you find different dogs or maybe different animals, for example on the exotic planet perhaps there is a giraffe (don't know how it would work but you guys said it) or on the barren planet (moon) you find a tabby cat.

7 minutes ago, Jigster124 said:

NEW IDEA: On different planets you find different dogs or maybe different animals, for example on the exotic planet perhaps there is a giraffe (don't know how it would work but you guys said it) or on the barren planet (moon) you find a tabby cat.

Perhaps on the radiated planet you find a monkey in a hazmat suit

44 minutes ago, TrojanSteel said:

They could be robotic animals that way they don't need oxygen but do need power so adding the battery may bring them back to life.

Don't know about this... I think we can break the immersion just a little with actual dogs. Maybe you can make a Robo dog in the printer with like 2 aluminum but I like the idea of a live one better

Edited by Jigster124

1 hour ago, RazorShield said:

AND A SPACE BEAR THATS AGRESSIVE. You have to tame it

How about polar bear. You could find that one on the tundra planet

How about a Space Slime which do not need O2 or energy and do not afraid other damage.

It should smile when fed by organics. :)

It is friendly immortal fun creature. Able to pick up dropped resource, combine partial into full, and place it in any free slot nearby. ;) Or just crystallize it to surface.

Edited by Sad Brother

Full set of planets and which animals are on 'em:

Terran (earth)- space dog

Barren (moon)- some kind of space cat

Radiated- monkey in hazmat suit

Tundra- polar bear that you must tame with synthesized meat (rideable)

Exotic- slime that you can wear on your head

Arid- An Elephant that has a giant backpack you can make that holds the same amount as a rover storage container

Printer- Robodog- has to be charged and takes 2 titanium to make

Where exactly to find them is up to you but these are the planet locations I think could be used

Edited by Jigster124

I think that adding earth animals into the game would be a little taboo.... there should be robo-alien pets and AI robots(Miners, Explorers, Tether-Placers, etc) and aliens

1 hour ago, Freshcutt said:

I don't think animals fit this game ......mine as well call the game Astroneer in the flood if the dog idea Makes it into the game

If you go to the Astroneer road map it says they are going to add something into the game called "animal packs" so I hate to break it to you but I think it might be happening without the suggestion. I leave link for you to check it out https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-road-map-planning

A little companion??? :o 

• It could act like a tether when its in reach with an actual tether
  • Help detect storms by barking more aggressively
  • Carry supplies
  • Be a friend
Edited by shawnharv