starball77

A small bug with air connection

Tethers are not working properly, they often stop working. (If it is related with sand storm, I would acknowledge that.)

Another Air connection problem has found. When I expand my base far away to a habitat and reboot the game, all the connection got strange. It doesn't work well, like the tethers.

1. tethers can "break" their connection when a sandstorm hits them. Yet they don't always break.

2. Right, sometimes I'm right next to my base and it won't connect to me. I died so many times because of that.

Another bug a friend and I had. We didn't lose any oxygen for like 2 minutes and suddenly we ran out of air really really quickly.

Quarit over and out.

I also had tethers that stopped working, I think it happened after I build an extra node at my base.

Another explanation: when placing tethers you can only place them at a certain distance to have it linked. But when I pick a random tether (one that is already the link between two others) and place it somewhere else, all tethers would still be connected, doubling the distance between those two tethers. The blue tether line would become dotted (not a a full line) and wouldn't give oxygen. I think this might also be a cause for them to stop working properly. Because at some point the blue line wasn't there at the beginning of my tether line (near my base, where I repositioned one tether doubling the distance as said before), but the last tethers were still connected with each other and still gave oxygen, even though there wasn't a connection with my base at the beginning of the line.

I hope that explanation wasn't too confusing :P

What I've noticed that has caused disconnects is my vehicles.  When a vehicle passes by a tether it connects to it.  This has caused other tethers on the chain between the vehicle and my base to become disconnected, presumably because they will only accept one source and prefer the vehicle.  Sometimes when the vehicle is then moved away from the tether the chain doesn't reconnect properly to the base.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎18‎일 at 2:10 AM, Quarit said:

1. tethers can "break" their connection when a sandstorm hits them. Yet they don't always break.

2. Right, sometimes I'm right next to my base and it won't connect to me. I died so many times because of that.

Another bug a friend and I had. We didn't lose any oxygen for like 2 minutes and suddenly we ran out of air really really quickly.

Quarit over and out.

Yeah, they have a lot of tasks to do. Finding bugs, Fixing the bugs..

On ‎2016‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎18‎일 at 2:59 AM, Evil Hotdog said:

I also had tethers that stopped working, I think it happened after I build an extra node at my base.

Another explanation: when placing tethers you can only place them at a certain distance to have it linked. But when I pick a random tether (one that is already the link between two others) and place it somewhere else, all tethers would still be connected, doubling the distance between those two tethers. The blue tether line would become dotted (not a a full line) and wouldn't give oxygen. I think this might also be a cause for them to stop working properly. Because at some point the blue line wasn't there at the beginning of my tether line (near my base, where I repositioned one tether doubling the distance as said before), but the last tethers were still connected with each other and still gave oxygen, even though there wasn't a connection with my base at the beginning of the line.

I hope that explanation wasn't too confusing :P

I think the system in the game is not perfect. When tethers crossed or are connected in diverse direction, the tethers seemed confusing. They might have some kinda complex algorithm so it can be crossed. I think the air connection will be fixed very soon.

On ‎2016‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎18‎일 at 3:04 AM, CherubimCW said:

What I've noticed that has caused disconnects is my vehicles.  When a vehicle passes by a tether it connects to it.  This has caused other tethers on the chain between the vehicle and my base to become disconnected, presumably because they will only accept one source and prefer the vehicle.  Sometimes when the vehicle is then moved away from the tether the chain doesn't reconnect properly to the base.

Yeah, vehicles in the game cause that problems, too. That's the reason my vehicles are far from my base.