Lol_idk

Things you might didn't know you can do.

On 1/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, DanielCoffey said:

You can manage perfectly well without the fuel condenser and reasonably well without the trade platform. They certainly need balancing because used together they allow too easy access to anything.

Agreed

1) Dig a deep hole. Run out of oxygen, and drop your backpack items in that hole.

2) Print an one-seat as an emergency kit.

3) Align the one-seat as it is about to tumble down the hole.

4) Get in the one-seat, and enjoy the ride!

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Wouldn't be much point in making a cabin seat for shuttle and spaceship if you could just slap a habitat on a storage and fly it.. is there?

It's obviously a bug.

A one way ride to the other side. I kind of dig the idea that you could ride a habitat spaceship to a different planet and plant it somewhere and have to survive until you can build another one. 

20 hours ago, Ninja4848 said:

I tried this. i got the truck and winch, dragged the solar panel all the way back to my base, dug a hole for it to stand on an angle to hook it up, then i attached the rover to it, and to my base, it only feed power to the rover, not my base, i even tried with another rover and a truck, the power would not go through to the base even though the base needed power and had an empty battery.

Just to make it clear, the panel was attached to my rover, and my rover was attached to my base.

Sounds like you have a dead node in your base I have ran into that bug a couple of times. Try attaching your rover to another node see if that helps.

19 hours ago, miertam said:

Sounds like you have a dead node in your base I have ran into that bug a couple of times. Try attaching your rover to another node see if that helps.

Sounds like his solar was facing the wrong way..

On 1/15/2017 at 1:59 AM, Mr. Badger said:

You can use the habitat as cockpit for the shuttle/spaceship. Saves space as well.

Also you can use 1-seaters as cockpits as well. For those times when you want to feel the solar breeze on your UV visor.

This has been suggested as an exploit.

You can move an item in your backpack to the next empty slot by shift-clicking it.

Useful when you need to move the tethers to another place for example.

On 1/15/2017 at 0:16 PM, CptLewb said:

You can place items in your friends backpack if you're getting tight on space. Be sure not to place Dynamite on you friends back and then click the detonator - It will make you laugh so hard you risk asphyxiation!

This is so evil and beautiful im so doing this next time i find a dynamite >:)

On 1/16/2017 at 7:02 PM, Martin said:

Wouldn't be much point in making a cabin seat for shuttle and spaceship if you could just slap a habitat on a storage and fly it.. is there?

It's obviously a bug.

Simple, cabin seat looks cooler.

If you are trying collecting research or just ant to be lazy and not walk closer to something you can pull out your terrain tool and for a split second your reach distance is greatly increased.  Saves time with picking research out of trees or picking something up from the other side of  your base :)

On 1/17/2017 at 7:43 AM, miertam said:

Giant solar panels will only power vehicles, I have found. Stick some batteries on your rover body. Giant solar panel charges batteries, your base draws power from batteries. Batteries are a current bridge. Try it out.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:39 AM, Ninja4848 said:

I tried this. i got the truck and winch, dragged the solar panel all the way back to my base, dug a hole for it to stand on an angle to hook it up, then i attached the rover to it, and to my base, it only feed power to the rover, not my base, i even tried with another rover and a truck, the power would not go through to the base even though the base needed power and had an empty battery.

Just to make it clear, the panel was attached to my rover, and my rover was attached to my base.

Giant solar panels will only power vehicles, I have found. Stick some batteries on your rover body. Giant solar panel charges batteries, your base draws power from batteries. Batteries are a current bridge. Try it out.

Hints/useful features for Console/Controller fans:

1. Pressing "X" on your controller while you pick something up ("Right Trigger") acts like Shift+Click. It's just as useful as the keyboard shortcut.
  2. Pressing the "Right Stick" will toggle between 3 zoom settings. Useful if you need to zoom out to push the "take-off" button on shuttles or spaceships and for keeping the camera close in tight caves

All findings tested on both Xbox One and Xbox controller on Windows Store-PC version.