Things you might didn't know you can do.

I found this recently.

You can use a rover like a wire to connect 2 bases together.

Example. You made a base to produce power. To connect it to the main base you can the rover.

You are very welcome to reply to this post with similar tips.

I would really like to know more tips about the game.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Badger said:

You can reclaim a tether by placing it directly onto your backpack.

Make sure your top left slot is either empty or have one tether in it, then you can shift click the rest until that slot is full. 

3 hours ago, Lol_idk said:

I found this recently.

You can use a rover like a wire to connect 2 bases together.

Example. You made a base to produce power. To connect it to the main base you can the rover.

You are very welcome to reply to this post with similar tips.

I would really like to know more tips about the game.

That one was already known after I checked the wiki of the game
I suggest you do that, also ignore the tethers because they're gonna hurt your fps a lot.
Make sure at the start you make a research and only research stuff until you get trading platform and fuel condenser, then the game is pretty much finished for you, because you can generate infinite amount of resources with those two..
Right now I have 4 fuel condensers and 2 trading platforms and a crap load of fuel to trade.

You can manage perfectly well without the fuel condenser and reasonably well without the trade platform. They certainly need balancing because used together they allow too easy access to anything.

I don't even build research anymore, saves so much time on bringing researchable items back. 

No trucks, but have so much more time. 

Gotta build a Research platform and spend time bringing back the research pods... that is if you want to leave the planet ;)

2 hours ago, Pi_ said:

Gotta build a Research platform and spend time bringing back the research pods... that is if you want to leave the planet ;)

Shuttle can leave planet 

You can use the habitat as cockpit for the shuttle/spaceship. Saves space as well.

Also you can use 1-seaters as cockpits as well. For those times when you want to feel the solar breeze on your UV visor.

The hydrazine should be non-trade able resource such as its very easy to get. I think this will balance the game. Instead of making it cost way too low as it would be easy to buy it.

Feel free to share your opinions about this.

Edited by Lol_idk

You can drag large solar panels back to your base and then link them with rovers to your base. Just be sure to face them into the sun, or lay them flat.

You can place items in your friends backpack if you're getting tight on space. Be sure not to place Dynamite on you friends back and then click the detonator - It will make you laugh so hard you risk asphyxiation!

You can flip a vehicle with the TAB button should you end up upside down.

You can create flat surfaces and walls with clever use of the CTRL button.

There is a maximum build height, but don't worry, it's waaaaay up high! 

while holding the dig button you can lock the camera onto your cursor by tapping right click. camera will follow your cursor until you let go of dig button. very useful for big digs

On 14/01/2017 at 9:44 PM, D.J.A.B.B.I.C.F.C. said:

Depends on what you're looking for :v
If you want it to be more challenging then dont build them, but if you dont want it to be challenging then do build them.

Or use them as they were designed.. instead of because it's easy.

On 15/01/2017 at 7:59 AM, Mr. Badger said:

You can use the habitat as cockpit for the shuttle/spaceship. Saves space as well.

Also you can use 1-seaters as cockpits as well. For those times when you want to feel the solar breeze on your UV visor.

Until these bugs are fixed.

16 hours ago, CptLewb said:

You can drag large solar panels back to your base and then link them with rovers to your base. Just be sure to face them into the sun, or lay them flat

I tried this. i got the truck and winch, dragged the solar panel all the way back to my base, dug a hole for it to stand on an angle to hook it up, then i attached the rover to it, and to my base, it only feed power to the rover, not my base, i even tried with another rover and a truck, the power would not go through to the base even though the base needed power and had an empty battery.

Just to make it clear, the panel was attached to my rover, and my rover was attached to my base.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

i dont think that using the habitat is a "bug" or "exploit". its just another way to do the job. using the 1-seater is a bug in my eye because it's impossible to go into space with it :)

2 hours ago, Martin said:

I don't see completely modular building as a bug. More like a happy coincidence. Having a modular transport in every sense of the word just SCREAMS space travel. You can change your ride on the spot to reflect the travel and environment you're going to.

If you do a search on hydrazine you will find several threads on how OP the fuel condenser/trading platform is currently. I stopped making the trading platform and fuel condenser in saves where I am just testing, no challenge otherwise.

Shift + LMB - to instantly collect the item to the backpack;

LMB on the resource hologram on any crafting platform will instantly put that resource from the backpack to the platform, if you have it;

You can start building new base right from the shuttle/space ship valve.

Edited by Almost

Wouldn't be much point in making a cabin seat for shuttle and spaceship if you could just slap a habitat on a storage and fly it.. is there?

It's obviously a bug.