I call this my star base - its on top of a mountain - but issues happen when one of the things I made wont accept power so I trashed it..

Star Base.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Pi_ said:

@ID.J.A.B.B.I.C.F.C. I also like the grid layout.  The key is, after clicking the port to open the expansion node, make sure it's exactly perpendicular before placing the 1 resin to extend it...  which can be tricky.  Actually, to solve the issue of platforms touching when placed side by side,  the devs simply need to make the expansion nodes extend just a bit farther after placing the 1 resin.

bnfM4Qz.jpg

Ah I see, will try to do it next time :D btw has anyone tried do 8x small solar panels provide energy faster than 1 large panel?
ps I see you also have that glowy thing from the Arid planet

Edited by D.J.A.B.B.I.C.F.C.

i like to get off the start planet as soon as i have a habitat

once i have one i go to the north pole on the moon and thats where i start my homebase

flatten the top of the moon so the sun never sets that way i dont need batteries the solar works 24 hours a day and there are no storms on the moon so i dont need to worry about having to cover my base 

i like to keep 2 areas 

1 area for research and vehicle bay 

1 area for the resource farm 

for the resource farm i like to have  2 trade platforms with a printer and a smelter in between them and 8 fuel condensers all round in a big triangle shape

having 8 fuel condensers means i can fill a trade station up in no time and if i need any resources i can easy pop back here 

20170115211104_1.jpg

20170115211234_1.jpg

20170115211336_1.jpg

20170115211407_1.jpg

20170115211438_1.jpg

22 hours ago, TKOed said:

iv learned some tricks for FPS loss - one of the big ones is not to use Tethers - causes FPS drop

Haven't noticed this at all.

The only thing that causes fps drops is modules and vehicles.   There's also a weird kind of memory leak over time, that seems to fix itself if you save and reload.

After reloading I hardly ever go below 45 fps. From my max of 62.  And it doesn't matter if I have no tethers or 100 out.

5 hours ago, Jay DJ said:

i like to get off the start planet as soon as i have a habitat, once i have one i go to the north pole on the moon and thats where i start my homebase, flatten the top of the moon so the sun never sets that way i dont need batteries the solar works 24 hours a day and there are no storms on the moon so i dont need to worry about having to cover my base 

i like to keep 2 areas: 1 area for research and vehicle bay, 1 area for the resource farm. for the resource farm i like to have  2 trade platforms with a printer and a smelter in between them and 8 fuel condensers all round in a big triangle shape ,having 8 fuel condensers means i can fill a trade station up in no time and if i need any resources i can easy pop back here

*No storms yet.

*Until condensers are fixed.

As for 24hr solar, I'm sure the moons orbit can be tweaked so it only drops between terran and the sun for half a day.  Entirely.

Edited by Martin
42 minutes ago, Martin said:

Haven't noticed this at all.

The only thing that causes fps drops is modules and vehicles.   There's also a weird kind of memory leak over time, that seems to fix itself if you save and reload.

After reloading I hardly ever go below 45 fps. From my max of 62.  And it doesn't matter if I have no tethers or 100 out.

actually in many peoples play of the game say the same thing its not my only research its a lot of people - tethers cause FPS drops

On 1/14/2017 at 2:23 AM, TKOed said:

Ok so I wanted to give an update on my mobile base, I even added a generator on the back so incase of cave diving.

mobile base.png

I would love to do this but my game is already lagging with one truck and I'm on xbox so I can't do anything about my machine to make the game run better.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:23 AM, TKOed said:

Ok so I wanted to give an update on my mobile base, I even added a generator on the back so incase of cave diving.

mobile base.png

Does that drill at the front of a truck actually drill?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="t5wuv6D"><a href="//imgur.com/t5wuv6D"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I also use 24 hour solar.

Edited by Kordnish
8 hours ago, Jay DJ said:

once i have one i go to the north pole on the moon and thats where i start my homebase

flatten the top of the moon so the sun never sets that way i dont need batteries the solar works 24 hours a day and there are no storms on the moon so i dont need to worry about having to cover my base 

i like to keep 2 areas 

1 area for research and vehicle bay 

1 area for the resource farm 

for the resource farm i like to have  2 trade platforms with a printer and a smelter in between them and 8 fuel condensers all round in a big triangle shape

having 8 fuel condensers means i can fill a trade station up in no time and if i need any resources i can easy pop back here 

Can't figure out how to edit or delete my last comment so this is what i meant to share.

http://i.imgur.com/t5wuv6D.mp4

I also use 24 hour power but I didn't flatten it.

4 hours ago, TKOed said:

actually in many peoples play of the game say the same thing its not my only research its a lot of people - tethers cause FPS drops

No they don't.  People are talking out of their proverbial..

They used to, prior to 117.

And I'm talking sensible numbers of tethers.. ie upto 50 items, 5 stacks.. not 500 stacks.. 5000 tethers.. that'd cause lag.

Edited by Martin

Well I have huge basis not just these small ones I do for fun - but big bases on multiple planets - no FPS loss - but soon as tethers go down - I have huge FPS drops

14 hours ago, Jay DJ said:

flatten the top of the moon so the sun never sets that way i dont need batteries the solar works 24 hours a day

Holy Fuck, that are some Pro Tips right there.

Also, you could just say "Work all the time" since we don't have a Connon Number on How long the Days are when Compared to our RL Times.

21 hours ago, Jay DJ said:

Do you really need a habitat for that?

You can start building right from the shuttle/space ship valve, and save/secure in 1-Seat cabin.

15 hours ago, Kordnish said:

Can't figure out how to edit or delete my last comment so this is what i meant to share.

http://i.imgur.com/t5wuv6D.mp4

I also use 24 hour power but I didn't flatten it.

i really like this working off a trailer 

3 hours ago, Almost said:

Do you really need a habitat for that?

You can start building right from the shuttle/space ship valve, and save/secure in 1-Seat cabin.

the problem i want my base bang on the north pole and the spaceship wont land there i always have to go a bit of distance 

19 hours ago, Martin said:

*No storms yet.

*Until condensers are fixed.

As for 24hr solar, I'm sure the moons orbit can be tweaked so it only drops between terran and the sun for half a day.  Entirely.

storm would be an easy fix just build a man made crater   and have a underground version with solar panels at the top the problem is we still don't know what kind of damage the storms are gonna do and if the storms are gonna be worse at the poles hopefully we get some real difficult ice biome where we can freeze and stuff (fingers crossed for that)

and year the condensers are op i hope they make them super rare and/or  hard to craft 

it would be cool if it was like earth 6 months of day then 6 months of night and amazingly terrans shadow does not block the sun you can see that in one of the screen shots 

1 hour ago, Jay DJ said:

it would be cool if it was like earth 6 months of day then 6 months of night and amazingly terrans shadow does not block the sun you can see that in one of the screen shots 

Yeh would need to add a wobble to the orbit and spin.  I am guessing the distance the moon is, plus it's size v the size of terran, probably actually means it'll always be in sight of the sun no matter where it orbits.   But I'd expect there is probably a way to change it's angle, so it orbits diagonally or something.. that should put it in the dark for at least some of it's cycle.

An easy fix, would be to have Solars shut down for 50% of the time they're useful due to overheating.

Edited by Martin
On 1/15/2017 at 9:18 PM, TKOed said:

The latest version release was supposed to fix this.  I have noticed that it is better.  I always reel back in my tethers after I am done with an area just in case.

Edited by Tony Cable