So I been playing for awhile and I couldn't get a base up and running the way I wanted, so I thought... hmmm Simple Base and use trucks as a transporting base. So I did, now the trucks are not done yet but I wanted you guys to see what I did. Really simple and I think it helps with FPS loss as well.

Also in this pic you will notice, next to the o2 resource is a cave to the underground... Always make it next to your base. Easier life.....

ProBase.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rover's used as the power connections and storing the power. They do sometimes jump in the air and move, so if they do just move them back.

50 minutes ago, TKOed said:

So I been playing for awhile and I couldn't get a base up and running the way I wanted, so I thought... hmmm Simple Base and use trucks as a transporting base. So I did, now the trucks are not done yet but I wanted you guys to see what I did. Really simple and I think it helps with FPS loss as well.

Also in this pic you will notice, next to the o2 resource is a cave to the underground... Always make it next to your base. Easier life.....

ProBase.png

My daughter, shes 5, saw this and immediately called this the Octobase from her favorite show Octonauts. 

Octopod.jpg

1 hour ago, TKOed said:

but lets be real... that's your favorite show... hehehe

I've been truly and solidly indoctrinated. Yes. I know all the names and I know most of the episodes verbatim.

Ok so I wanted to give an update on my mobile base, I even added a generator on the back so incase of cave diving.

mobile base.png

3 hours ago, TKOed said:

ProBase.png

its a nice design, but I like to have more than one vehicle bay, trading platforms, and fuel condensers.

As you can see in this Pic - I connected two bases with the rover.

Mega Base.png

Edited by TKOed
39 minutes ago, TKOed said:

Ok so I wanted to give an update on my mobile base, I even added a generator on the back so incase of cave diving.

mobile base.png

Baseipillar!

Amazing, i always Wanted a base to have a Shape of a Wild-West City.

you know, a single Street in the Middle and All the Stuff is around that one Street.

it would Greatly Reduce Walking Times from Module to Module, and needs a lot of Expansion Parts, making Room for Batteries and Solar/Generator/Wind Turbines.

I also have some tips ,I  use and is a lot better, I do a 4 tank and a main tank system with a filter on the ready to make, once all 4 alt tanks are empty - fills them all up... plus compound can be found anywhere.

Lol, you were going for a Grid Sytsem on the Right side and on the Left you were like "eh, fuck it" and Gave up on the Grid and just Expanded as you needed xD

Eitherway, that's a lot of Fuel. someday someone makes the Ultimate Research Station.

once we found the Motherload of Research-Blumbs

Edited by Proxy

Yup I was going for a grid one, problem is after the first resin extend and then the one for 2 resin the module grows and if it collides with another one it bugs the hell out of both and breaks them for somewhat reason ._. so in all honesty I was trying to make them so they dont glitch one through another and end of bugging both.. Plus all that fuel is now wasted for extending the base to gain more energy (planning on extending it a lot so I can place few solar panes or wind turbines and have a 24/7 energy source ;d

2 hours ago, D.J.A.B.B.I.C.F.C. said:

Yup I was going for a grid one, problem is after the first resin extend and then the one for 2 resin the module grows and if it collides with another one it bugs the hell out of both and breaks them for somewhat reason...

@ID.J.A.B.B.I.C.F.C. I also like the grid layout.  The key is, after clicking the port to open the expansion node, make sure it's exactly perpendicular before placing the 1 resin to extend it...  which can be tricky.  Actually, to solve the issue of platforms touching when placed side by side,  the devs simply need to make the expansion nodes extend just a bit farther after placing the 1 resin.

bnfM4Qz.jpg