JJATH

[Merged] Game Freezes

Steam user? Try launch with -nosound command in launch options, you will fave no sound, of course, but is testing time. Worked fine for me.

Can confirm that the game's performance was not improved on my machine by the latest patch. 

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    AMD FX-4300    34 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 801MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)    40 °C
Graphics
    ASUS VS197 (1366x768@60Hz)
    SAMSUNG (1366x768@60Hz)
    2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (ASUStek Computer Inc)    44 °C
Storage
    119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series ATA Device (SSD)    24 °C
    931GB Seagate BUP Slim BK SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA))    24 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 ATA Device
Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

4 hours ago, andrycodestuffs said:

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not that we have GTX 9xx series GPUs

I'm using a GTX 660Ti, so it's not entirely a 9-series problem.

I have my main base fairly built up, lost of storage, three different rovers and tethers that go off great way i left from early build. My freezes and frame rate drop is coming from when my character hooks up with the tethers around my base or off in the distance and the only way it goes back up if i disconnect from my base entirely. Right now i'm going to start removing my tethers and leave beacons around of my most traveled places. Going to be a pain as i have yet to construct a shuttle to launch to space and other supplies I"m looking to add.

2 minutes ago, FluFFyI said:

I have my main base fairly built up, lost of storage, three different rovers and tethers that go off great way i left from early build. My freezes and frame rate drop is coming from when my character hooks up with the tethers around my base or off in the distance and the only way it goes back up if i disconnect from my base entirely. Right now i'm going to start removing my tethers and leave beacons around of my most traveled places. Going to be a pain as i have yet to construct a shuttle to launch to space and other supplies I"m looking to add.

I've been using tethers extensively, so that could be it.

Just now, Ninetailed said:

I've been using tethers extensively, so that could be it.

I can't even drive my train of three rovers connect anywhere near tethers as the connecting and disconnecting gives me a frame every two seconds.

Made a video of the issues I and many others are having I have left task amnager open and AMD overdrive incase that helps any if there is any other way I can monitor what is going on just let me know :)

AMD A10-7850k

R9 380 (2GB)

32 GB ram

windows 10

Steam

I also have this problem.

IF I add -NOSOUND to the Launch Options then the freeze stops. I miss sound but at least i can play.

Windows 8.1
AMD FX-6100
16GB Ram
GTX 760

9 minutes ago, Razerbone said:

I also have this problem.

IF I add -NOSOUND to the Launch Options then the freeze stops. I miss sound but at least i can play.

Windows 8.1
AMD FX-6100
16GB Ram
GTX 760

SInce you're having sound issues, you should include which motherboard and/or soundcard you currently are using.

Edited by MrBlack

Same problem here with:

FX8350

R9 390

8GBRAM,

Only AMD users, have this problem?

Edit: Fullscreen and widowed is the same.

Edited by R3HIN4AR7

I have this issue even in a new game, with nothing built, so I don't think it's strictly related to the tethers.

I also forgot to mention that I have only played co-op, I'll be testing today to see if it happens in single player.

When playing the game I'm able to play for a random amount of time before the game will freeze. The game still plays music and sounds, but, the image is frozen and I cannot input any controls. I know a lot of people are also having this glitch and want to know if anyone has a solution. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

SInce you're having sound issues, you should include which motherboard and/or soundcard you currently are using.

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

using motherboards build in soundcard