Acez

Screw this Game

Astroneer deleted my car and all of my minerals please give them back because I worked hard for them

This made me laugh so hard ?. I couldn't tell you how many things I've lost or how many times I've started a new game. I'm sorry bud but because this is a pre-alpha preview you've got to expect bugs or crashes that make you restart a new game or even build new trucks/rovers. If this is to heart breaking for you it might be best to wait for the full game. 

Edited by HellHasNoFear

Heheh, it "deleted my car". For some reason I found this far more amusing than what it actually meant. My mind wandered off to this ghostly Astroneer figure leaping from my computer, and going to my garage and deleting my car...

1 hour ago, Acez said:

Astroneer deleted my car and all of my minerals please give them back because I worked hard for them

You're welcome to wait until the game is completed if you want a seamless experience.

Right now, you've agreed to buy this game in pre-alpha stage, so you should have expected issues.

PS: The thread name won't help solve your concern either....

21 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Heheh, it "deleted my car". For some reason I found this far more amusing than what it actually meant. My mind wandered off to this ghostly Astroneer figure leaping from my computer, and going to my garage and deleting my car...

Hahaha i lol'd xD

22 hours ago, Acez said:

I would also suggest to wait for new releases, happened to me alot also but i find it kinda funny when my car flies off again... i pretend it is going on a journey of car space exploration.
Also i don't mind it in this stage of the game as many has said before me it is pre-alpha stage, and reporting your bugs in the bugs section really helps the devs with smashing those bugs!
I hope you also become a active community member and enjoy the path of development from now on, good luck exploring the current galaxy B|

Just remember, in time, you will be able to tell new players stories of these times, and they wouldn't have gotten the chance to experience this. 

I fully expect a "Dude, where's my car?" steam emoji or badge for the early access buyers.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:02 PM, Acez said:

Hahahahaha
It's almost as if the game is still in development and can have updates that chance the game saves and mechanics as well as the bugs one might expect from such a 'work in progress' title. I've started so many new games that the files started to loop around the little space station thing on the main menu. I've deleted more than that for the sole reason of clearing up said save space, and honestly the game is just so much fun that I will periodically start a new game for no other reason than to try new things in new biomes.

If little errors like this truly bother you, I'd say to wait until it's more stable. Otherwise, just shrug and bear it, enjoy the game for what it is, man.

Generally your materials will have fallen though the surface and will be in a cave below where you had them. Your car will be orbiting Terran, I hope you had insurance. 

On 1/13/2017 at 3:25 PM, Wyvyrias said:

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience, but bear in mind Astroneer is currently in a pre-alpha phase and such bugs and inevitable. Sorry for that!

Please leave an in-detail report about your issues in this section: https://forum.systemera.net/forum/2-astroneer-bugs-crashes/

I had a bug where I was in a cave and the game decided to make me fall through the planet and to outer space, which is pretty hilarious but also a little annoying. 

I found my truck underground before when I thought it was deleted I was just in this HUGE cave and I see a truck and I was like wtf.... then I saw the storages and noticed it was my truck...... it's amazing what you can find underground in astroneer.

1 hour ago, Circlecat113 said:

I found my truck underground before when I thought it was deleted I was just in this HUGE cave and I see a truck and I was like wtf.... then I saw the storages and noticed it was my truck...... it's amazing what you can find underground in astroneer.

Lol, My shuttle disappeared and fell through the map. When I read this comment I thought, man I hope to see my shuttle again somewhere in a cave. :D

Edited by Acod35742

5 hours ago, Acod35742 said:

Lol, My shuttle disappeared and fell through the map. When I read this comment I thought, man I hope to see my shuttle again somewhere in a cave. :D

This man hates this game, I intact love it if mean it's pretty hard to know that a prerelease game is THIS good.

You know this does explain how new horizions and kepplier got underground in such good condition.

1 hour ago, Nich said:

You know this does explain how new horizions and kepplier got underground in such good condition.

hahahahahahahahaha  Thank you! I almost fell out of my chair from laughing so hard!

On 1/13/2017 at 3:02 PM, Acez said:

i had the same problem it deleted my truck. then i thought it's probably just a 1 time mistake and made a rover to replace it... and it deleted that to. >:( 

On 14.1.2017 at 0:02 AM, Acez said:

great one! did you actually load your save game? I saw people struggle on that on stream. LIVE!

[edit] otherwise I would sue them!

Edited by barbarossa
otherwise I would sue them!

On 1/14/2017 at 6:26 PM, Forgo said:

I fully expect a "Dude, where's my car?" steam emoji or badge for the early access buyers.

YASSSSS but what if i bought it on XB1...

15 hours ago, HellHasNoFear said:

This guy made one post then never came back. I think this thread is done. 

I agree.