Hello, I am not sure if someone already brought this up but it seems to me there could be a better way of displaying the backpack when you access it. When I am trying to unload the backpack it always seems to be in the way. I have gotten used to turning the screen to get it out of the way but I think it would be better if it always popped into one of the corners of the screen so you could see what you were looking at and move things around.

Couldn't agree more! That interface is awful when you're trying to move stuff around. If you're crafting from your backpack then fair enough, but a lot of the time you're trying to move resources from there to your storage/smelter etc.. Maybe make the backpack dragable when it's opened? 

I really like the more hands-on feel of the ui, tools, backpacks, and structures. But I also agree there are at times the backpack is entirely in my face and I feel like I'm wrestling a bear to get it out of my way ;)

46 minutes ago, Peacekeeper said:

Try this!

Please explain me how to do it!!

I like the simplicity of the inventory system, but sometimes is REALLY annoiyng.

expecialy when you have lots and lots of item.

so please.... share your knowledge with us...

12 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

I really like the more hands-on feel of the ui, tools, backpacks, and structures. But I also agree there are at times the backpack is entirely in my face and I feel like I'm wrestling a bear to get it out of my way ;)

I've recently taken to just closing it when it is in the way - although I haven't decided if constantly opening and closing my backpack is more or less annoying than trying to move the camera around so it is out of the way.

17 minutes ago, thecarlocarlone said:

I like the simplicity of the inventory system, but sometimes is REALLY annoiyng.

OK he didn't explain what he was doing in that video but here's what I think is happening:

To automatically put stuff in your backpack your do a shift-click, and the item will go into your backpack as long as you have the necessary space.

To take stuff out of your backpack you use the trade platform - you click on the empty cargo spaces and an item will be transferred from your backpack. It's useful when your in your base but obviously not while you're out in the field exploring and mining. It's a workaround but I still think the backpack needs some work. 

6 hours ago, Joncon said:

OK he didn't explain what he was doing in that video but here's what I think is happening:

To automatically put stuff in your backpack your do a shift-click, and the item will go into your backpack as long as you have the necessary space.

To take stuff out of your backpack you use the trade platform - you click on the empty cargo spaces and an item will be transferred from your backpack. It's useful when your in your base but obviously not while you're out in the field exploring and mining. It's a workaround but I still think the backpack needs some work. 

That is correct on all fronts. Shift-click to grab things quickly, and just clicking in the trading station slots to take out of your backpack one at a time.

I have written System Era my thoughts on how to help with inventory management  elsewhere, so yes I agree it needs more work. In the mean time, I find this workaround really useful.

8 hours ago, thecarlocarlone said:

I have more tips on my YouTube channel.  Perhaps you've seen some.  Do you have any requests for videos I could make?  I can pump them out pretty fast.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:30 PM, Peacekeeper said:

Try this!

Thanks @Peacekeeper that looks really smooth. I am playing on Xbox so I don't think we have the same functionality but using the storage on the Trade Platform is helpful. I still feel like it would be nice if the backpack snapped to a corner (Top left makes the most sense to me) to allow you to see what you are doing without having to orient your character first.

This is useful information, but I think they need to add some way to transfer items directly from the storage slots on stations directly to the crafting slots.  Shift clicking to and from your backpack can become cumbersome if you have other things in there as well such as a battery or tethers.