Sign in to follow this  
Nich

Hate steam with a passion

It would be really nice if I could convert my steam key to a System Era key if you guys ever make the game directly available. Then I can once again uninstall steam.

Hm. You could buy it (again) on the Windows10 Store. That doesn't require steam. If steam is that much of a bother to you, the extra $20 would be worth it. And go to a good cause of supporting SES.

10 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Hm. You could buy it (again) on the Windows10 Store. That doesn't require steam. If steam is that much of a bother to you, the extra $20 would be worth it. And go to a good cause of supporting SES.

Windows Store - Steam multiplayer doesn't work.... so when you decide this, you also decide who you can multiplayer with.

47 minutes ago, piespace said:

Windows Store - Steam multiplayer doesn't work.... so when you decide this, you also decide who you can multiplayer with.

I kind of jumped to the conclusion he had no friends on Steam as he said 'once *again* uninstall steam'... usually people with friends dont do that... ??

1 minute ago, Frigidman said:

I kind of jumped to the conclusion he had no friends on Steam as he said 'once *again* uninstall steam'... usually people with friends dont do that... ??

W10 Store is much worse than Steam in my opinion, but everyone has different tastes so who am I to comment.

1 hour ago, piespace said:

W10 Store is much worse than Steam in my opinion, but everyone has different tastes so who am I to comment.

well there is issues to be had with both, but in general steam can be nicer for higher quality games to gmg or Origin.

What I dislike with steam is that you need it for offline play and not all games work in offline mode on steam.

3 minutes ago, Freddy said:

well there is issues to be had with both, but in general steam can be nicer for higher quality games to gmg or Origin.

What I dislike with steam is that you need it for offline play and not all games work in offline mode on steam.

Tbh, If I am not online on my PC there's not much I do on it anyway..... :))

1 minute ago, piespace said:

Tbh, If I am not online on my PC there's not much I do on it anyway..... :))

well this is for more laptop users to others that might also move their desktop.
and yes one don't need a tower desktop (but to still good performance and small is costly)
There is now a couple working desktops that are smaller then xbox but like 4x the price?
but well 2-3x the performance or more.

1 minute ago, Freddy said:

well this is for more laptop users to others that might also move their desktop.
and yes one don't need a tower desktop (but to still good performance and small is costly)
There is now a couple working desktops that are smaller then xbox but like 4x the price?
but well 2-3x the performance or more.

Don't compare PC with Xbox... it's like comparing a bike with a motorcycle ... no offence Xbox users, it's just my opinion

2 minutes ago, piespace said:

Don't compare PC with Xbox... it's like comparing a bike with a motorcycle ... no offence Xbox users, it's just my opinion

?...

just saying that PC would most likely in the later years become smaller and be moved around into areas that is offline,

also that people could have bad internet connection and wants to play offline.

PCs are already more portable than an Xbox and performance is greater, even cost/performance ratio is better.

As for playing offline, I don't even see computers being offline in the next 5 years.

But I do see your point. Time will tell exactly what's going to happen.

4 hours ago, piespace said:

Well, yes I agree. I was just trying to help the guy out with possible options available.