Are clouds stationary or do they move?

hahaha nice question. Did not really stare at them for a long amount of time. Noticed in a older save that some clouds after a good amount of time playing were still above the same mountain. How about you ?

No I don't stare at them.. ;)

They're stationary, someone posted awhile back that clouds have some relation to storms, not sure what if anything it is.   I do notice that storms get worse once you build a vehicle bay.. or that's how it seems to me.  I guess they're just to make the world a little more immersive atm, maybe later they'll move with wind etc.

clouds seem to be only around your starting base (at least for the first planet). Never observed that on other planets (do they even have clouds?).

1 minute ago, WildTiger said:

Also, fun fact, plot twist: clouds look like cotton candy... Yummy!

Haha true! It also reminds me a bit of ice cream... 
It look fun and i think it fits the whole cartoony looking world :)

I've built a base among the clouds and they change shape within constraints, but they're always in the same place. But I understand they plan to change that. Up close they aren't so cotton candy like. More like a big plastic balloon with a case of the low rez blockies.

Edited by travin
19 minutes ago, travin said:

low rez blockies.

^^^ This ^^^ reminded me of the cute Minecraft.

Your report from the sky was noted, commander. Keep on exploring those clouds. Over and out.