Acod35742

Suggestions on how to tip shuttle upright?

So I built a shuttle using the Vehicle Bay and upon making the first part of my shuttle it landed on the ground at a slant. I finished the shuttle shortly after and the crookedness of the shuttle bothered me. I tried shaping the ground around the shuttle to lean it straight up and managed to completely tip over my shuttle. lol I tried shaping the ground some more and no luck. I tried getting in the shuttle, thinking maybe it would stand up like a tipped rover, nope. I tried to winch the shuttle to my rover and pulling it, but the hose keeps falling off. I even tried ramming the side of the shuttle multiple times with my rover and was not able to tip it back over. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to tip the shuttle back over or do I now have a nice lawn ordainment?

Astroneer First Shuttle Fail.png

I don't know if this will work with an upside down shuttle, but when I get one tipped on its side I can still print a seat and jump in and fly off, when it lands it in the upright position. You might be able to use a winch if you're holding the winch. Or bash it with a truck. 

Just make another one.  But first, clear any rocks from the vehicle bay.  I assume that's why it tipped over.

Oh! Thanks for the suggestions! I have not yet discovered the truck. Ill have to dedicate an adventure to figure out how to obtain it and use that. 

7 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

You may want to ram it with a truck instead.
The rover is a bit too light for that (at least it was for me).

That's a great idea!

7 hours ago, HellHasNoFear said:

I don't know if this will work with an upside down shuttle, but when I get one tipped on its side I can still print a seat and jump in and fly off, when it lands it in the upright position. You might be able to use a winch if you're holding the winch. Or bash it with a truck. 

I was afraid to try and fly off cause I didn't yet want to leave my planet and i'm not sure if you can return,  but the winch on the truck is a good idea and I hope it works.

51 minutes ago, Martin said:

Just make another one.  But first, clear any rocks from the vehicle bay.  I assume that's why it tipped over.

Yes, lol I rammed the old one out of the way and made sure the area was completely flat. I believe there was a slight slant when it was built.

I've used a winch and a rover before. If you drag it over some rough terrain the shuttle will start to flip, get it just right and voila! (The Astroneer equivalent of bottle flipping)

Something I discovered inadvertently, which is most likely a bug, is that when you jump on top of a vehicle and start running, it sometimes moves the vehicle like it's being driven. I have seen this happen with the rover, truck, and shuttle. I found this out when I had the same problem as you: a toppled shuttle.

1 hour ago, MudAnimal said:

Something I discovered inadvertently, which is most likely a bug, is that when you jump on top of a vehicle and start running, it sometimes moves the vehicle like it's being driven. I have seen this happen with the rover, truck, and shuttle. I found this out when I had the same problem as you: a toppled shuttle.

That is interesting.... I did manage to research the winch and I built it to try and pull the shuttle upright but upon arriving to the shuttle site I noticed that my shuttle was nowhere to be found. I saw some broken texture on the ground where my shuttle was upside down so I assume it fell through the map. lol

7 hours ago, Acod35742 said:

I saw some broken texture on the ground where my shuttle was upside down so I assume it fell through the map. lol

That is crazy haha. It could possibly have floated away to the vehicle afterlife, which is what a lot of people's vehicles are doing these days.

58 minutes ago, MudAnimal said:

That is crazy haha. It could possibly have floated away to the vehicle afterlife, which is what a lot of people's vehicles are doing these days.

Yeah i'm not complaining though, saved me the work of trying to flip it upright. haha

I made a few things on the vehicle bay (Rover, truck, drove them away) , then my shuttle and seat, then a large storage. The shuttle obviously doesn't drive/move on land, so it was sitting infront of the vehicle bay and the lrg storage just flipped on top of the shuttle and I couldnt get it off. Then, like i had no common sense, I made a crane to see if I could get everything where I wanted. It formed, then immediately flipped underground so I could only see the four holes underneath. :o So I attached the winch to the truck and dragged it around until it was upright and the same for the large storage, but the bumpers underneath didn't form until I restarted the game. I went to use the winch on the shuttle so I could use my vehicle bay for other things and that doesn't work. Luckily, my base has another landing spot super close by, so I'll be leaving my shuttle there until I either move to another base with a better plan for space or figure out where to put it on my base.

I'm going to add this to the suggestions, but hopefully there will be  change that if a vehicle is supposed to be at the machine before the equipment is made, the vehicle bay will not allow you to make the item unless it's there. If not, it would be super helpful to be able to pick up the crane, large storage, and any other four slot items.

same thing happened to me. I just moved it by ramming it with a truck. It got stuck on something, so I tried free it using a winch, but ended up slingshotting it away from my base. it moves the shuttle and provides cheap entertainment!

On 1/13/2017 at 3:54 AM, Wyvyrias said:

You may want to ram it with a truck instead.
The rover is a bit too light for that (at least it was for me).

I used this technique and after a food good hits it righted itself!