SES_Zabir

Fix for missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable

Which OS are you running? Windows 7 Professional SP 1 (64 bit)
1. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? yes
2. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? yes
3. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? yes
4. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? yes, and it the 14.0.24210.0 version 

Which OS are you running? Windows 10 (64-bit)
1. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? Yes
2. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? Yes
3. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? Yes
4. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026

1. Which OS are you running? Windows 8.1
  2. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ : No
  3. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ : Yes
  4. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ : Yes
  5. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? 14.0.23026 / 14.0.24406

1. Which OS are you running? windows 8.1
  2. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? no
  3. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? yes
  4. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? yes
  5. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? yes, 14.0.24210

On 1/13/2017 at 4:22 AM, SES_Zabir said:

when do you think this will happen? I just bought this game... haven't got to play it and I'm kinda disappointed...

Based on these answers we can give you a custom build to test the fix.

1. Which OS are you running? Win 7
  2. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? No
  3. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? Yes
  4. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? Yes
  5. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? Yes - Version 14.0.23026.0 (got the same version for x86 as well)

On 1/19/2017 at 9:51 AM, Hoshiyo said:

Please fix this problem. I just bought the game and I can't play it. It's not good for the rest of the game ...

Unfortunately, its mainly an issue with the Windows installs. As you can see most users have one or more necessary windows components missing from the System32 folder or out of date VC++ redist.

If you are missing the ucrtbase.dll, this could result if Windows Update failed to install the component. Will you try to directly install it from MS: 
Win7: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49093
Win8: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49071

Also to make sure you have the latest redist, will you try installing the latest redist from MS: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840 Make sure to install the x86 and x64 versions. 

Hi all,

I've not been able to fix this issue, nor have I found anyone with a solution online. So I'm just going to post what I've found for Windows 7 users thus far after hours of searching:

1. Which OS are you running? - Windows 7 Ultimate.

2. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? - Yes.

3. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? - Yes.

4. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? - Yes.

5. In Add/Remove Programs (in control panel) do you see an entry called Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64)? and what version is it? - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026

( I believe that installing Astroneers and attempting to play it will install #3, #4, #5 for you. )

Current Standing Issue:

1. UE4 Prerequisites Is Failing to Install Properly.

Google Search Findings Below:

1. This is not an Astroneers issue, this is a Windows update issue.

2. You can check to see if your windows is up to date by opening your Start Menu and searching for Windows Update from there you should choose Check For Updates on the left-hand panel. Installing these necessary updates may help. Make sure to restart your computer after the necessary updates are completed.

3. I've learned that having the Service Pack 1 is also part of the solution. If you're a windows user that doesn't have a Service Pack 1 (or greater?) installed, then you need to download it from the official Microsoft website, or download it via Windows Update. You can check to see if you have Service Pack 1 already installed by going to Start Menu - > Computer(Right-click) - > Properties. From this panel you can see that under the Windows Version and Copyright text it will say "Service Pack 1", assuming you have it. If you downloaded the Service Pack 1 via Windows Update method and you don't see it written under your version/copyright text then you'll need to download the file from the Microsoft website and do it manually.

4. Antivirus software and Cleaner software (example: Avast, or CCleaner) are liable to do more harm than good, refrain from using them/having them activated during your solution process.

5. I've learned that Starbound players have had this exact issue either recently or in the past, I'm currently looking to see if they've found a solution to this problem.

In conclusion:

I'm currently installing updates via Windows Updater and I'm going to give Astroneers one last attempt if it works I'll post back here. If it doesn't work after that I'll be refunding and moving on. I believe that having SP1/all of your windows updates and all third party software disabled then attempting to run Astroneers should be the final straw for anyone trying to play this game.

UE4_Prerequisites_(x64)_20170119132356.log

On 1/13/2017 at 4:22 AM, SES_Zabir said:

In order to run the game we expect the follow:

• OS is Win10, Win8, Win7 SP1 up to date on Windows Updates
  • ucrtbase.dll, msvcp140.dll, vcruntime140.dll are present in the C:\Windows\System32 folder
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (x64) appears in the add/remove program files menu and is of version 14.0.24210.1 or higher.

If you are missing any of those components or have an out of date version try to install the "Universal CRT" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redist" from:

I have all of that and it's still giving me the c++ bs.

!!!!WINDOWS 8.1 USERS!!!!

uninstall any 2015 c++ you have, then reinstall the x64 and x86 versions from here. Do both, no matter what your system is.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

then you also have to find the update for the universal runtime... which is what I was overlooking and it never showed up in windows update searches... you can find it here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3118401/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

I also ran windows updater and did a search / installed any updates I had missed, now everything seems to be in good working order! I'm excited to try this game out..

what is the program you have to install in order to get to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable error? i have deleted the program by accident and i believe its preventing me from playing my other games, is it called unreal engine 4?

16 minutes ago, Acekamz said:

what is the program you have to install in order to get to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable error? i have deleted the program by accident and i believe its preventing me from playing my other games, is it called unreal engine 4?

Watch my video above, it will explain some things if you're using windows 7. That being said, if you look into your Astroneers steam folder you'll find the 86 and 64 versions of the MV c++ 2015 program.  Here is a file path you can look into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015

If those don't work for you, try the microsoft website link provided by admin:  Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redisthttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

Since the C++ requirement has dependencies of Service Pack 1 being present on Windows 7, if a machine isn't running that, Windows Update may be corrupted or not functioning.

The Windows Update Troubleshooter is one of the best tools to use to remediate this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

So I'd like to throw this out there, as we've run into a roughly similar issue with some apps at work.

I cannot speak to the OS part that might be missing/won't install (that was mentioned in the 1/27/17 steam) as the KB related to it wasn't mentioned.

We were unable to install vc++ because of a missing pre-req the universal CRT

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

However, the issue we saw was that attempting the universal crt and the vc++ windows update would just spin checking updates. We managed to work around this issue by stopping the windows update service and then installing the kb and redist

From an elevated command prompt issue :

1. net stop wuauserv
  2. Install the KB
  3. net stop wuauserv (the service restarts after the install)
  4. install redist

(there may be other pieces necessary but the trick is to stop the service and then install.