Spidy77

Less Rocks Please and merge bases.

Recommended Posts

Please when this game launches the small rocks on the planets need to be reduced by 80 percent. Most of the truck collision issues are because of rocks and the fact that the terrain does not load fast enough before we hit them and go flying into space or through the world.  

Another topic would be to let people merge their bases into one map. If you have four people who are friends and have all built a base on a planet let them merge their bases. When one person logs off you lock that base so it can not be messed with and allow the other three people to keep playing. Right now the way you have it is the only one who benefits is the host of the game. I hate that I can work on an awesome base for hours with someone and then they never log in again. If we are allowed to merge bases then I can keep building and not feeling like I wasted my time. We will need to have our bases a little distance away allowing each base to have enough resources to build. 

Should also have a max tethers you can build to make the game a little more challenging. Say you can only put down 30 tethers to get to each location kinda forcing you to build more bases away from your main base to farm materials. Need to install a map so you can see where you have been and where your home is, we all know the beacons are broken and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Overall I really enjoy the game and the concept of it but other than killing yourself there should be aliens or something else that you have to avoid that may harm you other than a plant. 

 

Anyone wants to play add me Spidy77

 

Thanks for you're time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also you should have it to where when 4 people want to make a map together they all fly in together instead of one at a time lagging the game out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP wants more challenges with max tethers, but less challenge with less rocks. 

I am confused. 

Also, hosts can send the save files over to you and you can have the base, it's simple to do .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see dense amounts of rocks near mountains, fewer further out, it is kinda annoying going hunting for research/resources/generally mopping around to be always twisting and turning around a rock.   But.. it's also maybe an issue for biomes.  Less rocks in green, more in brown.. etc.. Perhaps make certain biomes impassable for rover, but make truck more able to drive over them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dig under the rock, bury it in a hole, and then flatten it. It's like, road building, you know. 

Edited by Forgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Forgo said:

Just dig under the rock, bury it in a hole, and then flatten it. It's like, road building, you know. 

And time consuming.  Rocks usually just vanish if dislodged.  But I find myself digging out my rovers almost continually.. which it why I upgrade to truck asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin said:

And time consuming.  Rocks usually just vanish if dislodged.  But I find myself digging out my rovers almost continually.. which it why I upgrade to truck asap.

Digging/Building ramps for my trucks out of the bottom of caves they fall into is one of my favourite past times. I'm talking about hour long digging. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spidy77 said:

Another topic would be to let people merge their bases into one map. If you have four people who are friends and have all built a base on a planet let them merge their bases. When one person logs off you lock that base so it can not be messed with and allow the other three people to keep playing. Right now the way you have it is the only one who benefits is the host of the game. I hate that I can work on an awesome base for hours with someone and then they never log in again. If we are allowed to merge bases then I can keep building and not feeling like I wasted my time. We will need to have our bases a little distance away allowing each base to have enough resources to build. 

This mean that the multiplayer need servers and not a host.

Also in my opinion the multiplayer should be people building and harvesting together to survive and colonize.

Having lots of people with their own bases means caos! If someone doesn't log in for a month, he will find most of the resourse depleted, even if there is enough distances between bases, resouces near landing spots will be exausted since the landing spots are in common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 3:58 AM, Forgo said:

OP wants more challenges with max tethers, but less challenge with less rocks. 

I am confused. 

Also, hosts can send the save files over to you and you can have the base, it's simple to do .

Having collision on rocks that sometimes sends your truck into space or into the planet is not challenging its annoying.  Another bug I found is that the host can drive around the map and not have problems but if someone logs into his games they run into more glitches while driving. I think that this has to do with the host starting a base and mining stuff leaving big holes that are not loaded for the person joining.  As for a server my whole point was to only have 4 people in one game at a time not anymore than that, so I highly doubt you will run out of stuff to farm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Little" rocks everywhere? Far as I see, my wheels do not interact with those rocks. Its the big boulders sticking out of the ground in various places that get me hung up and bouncing. Those 'rashes' of boulders could do with better biome placement (more near mountains, less in plains). All the little rocks though just make the ground look less bald, so I'm fine with them.

Some of those boulders dont vanish when you dislodge them out though. Some do. Kind of wish it was consistent behavior... as road building can either be a pain, or a decent timesink. I mean, forbid we actually spend some extra time in the game at this point :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frigidman said:

The "Little" rocks everywhere? Far as I see, my wheels do not interact with those rocks. Its the big boulders sticking out of the ground in various places that get me hung up and bouncing. Those 'rashes' of boulders could do with better biome placement (more near mountains, less in plains). All the little rocks though just make the ground look less bald, so I'm fine with them.

Some of those boulders dont vanish when you dislodge them out though. Some do. Kind of wish it was consistent behavior... as road building can either be a pain, or a decent timesink. I mean, forbid we actually spend some extra time in the game at this point :D

Yep the space station and non-priority models can wait a bit, in preference of getting the rocks (that are actually in gameplay and affecting it) CORE GAMEPLAY,  all sorted.

 

Ahhhh, the forever litany of typical complaints on dev forums "Work on the CORE GAMEPLAY before adding banana hats!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ent|ty said:

Yep the space station and non-priority models can wait a bit, in preference of getting the rocks (that are actually in gameplay and affecting it) CORE GAMEPLAY,  all sorted.

Ahhhh, the forever litany of typical complaints on dev forums "Work on the CORE GAMEPLAY before adding banana hats!"

What the fuck is your problem dude.

Did I make any demands?

Did I make any threats?

Did I say drop everything and make/do something?

No. So STFU with your nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

What the fuck is your problem dude.

Did I make any demands?

Did I make any threats?

Did I say drop everything and make/do something?

No. So STFU with your nonsense.

What's your problem? I'd prefer them to work on core gameplay (like fixing rocks that are in the game NOW), rather than models of rocketships (as seen in their recent podcast).

I was agreeing with you, and adding on my own comment.

 

Edited by ent|ty
Restraining myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rocks is just a slider on the biome.  Rockets etc are parts that still need to be designed and implemented.

There's no reason why both can't be done at the same time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, Spidy77 said:

YES:"Please when this game launches the small rocks on the planets need to be reduced by 80 percent. Most of the truck collision issues are because of rocks and the fact that the terrain does not load fast enough before we hit them and go flying into space or through the world."  

...

NO:"Should also have a max tethers you can build to make the game a little more challenging. Say you can only put down 30 tethers to get to each location kinda forcing you to build more bases away from your main base to farm materials."

YES:"Need to install a map so you can see where you have been and where your home is, we all know the beacons are broken and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't."

YES:"Overall I really enjoy the game and the concept of it but other than killing yourself there should be aliens or something else that you have to avoid that may harm you other than a plant. "

The Bold and Underlined Is my opinion.... Also, the aliens shouldn't be automatically aggro, and they should have their own bases 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 5:34 AM, Forgo said:

Just dig under the rock, bury it in a hole, and then flatten it. It's like, road building, you know. 

Since this would fall under CORE gameplay, the sooner they sift through the rocks that are NOT disappearing once dislodged, the better. Having loose rocks sitting under ground, buried or not must be using up a lot of memory over time, especially when they appear to have colliders on them, probably calculating and using up game resources even though you cant see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sidegamer said:

The Bold and Underlined Is my opinion.... Also, the aliens shouldn't be automatically aggro, and they should have their own bases 

And spaceships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rocks are bad but the super weeds on Exotic are downright annoying you will be driving along and BAM you are in the middle of a patch of them and no clue what stopped you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should just make rovers drive over rocks a lot easier.

Going to lock this one and cool things down a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.