Question about the notifications:

What setting for the notifications do i need to use when i want all the notifications here in the forum but not in my email ?

Other:

First off i want to compliment System era and the developers on this website and forum, i really think its slick and the UI is nice and easy to use.
Though as i student software engineering i wonder if System Era made the front end from scratch or used a template ? I also really like the smooth menu/notification and messages.

There is nothing wrong with using templates , i also use alot of templates. For projects when we need to build a website or web application we use bootstrap and there 'free' templates a lot, we are graded mainly on backend so making our own frontend from scratch for a project is a waste of time.

thanks!

14 hours ago, PilotChan said:

i also have a question. whats the difference between members and advanced members? 

i guess it haves to do with the amount of posts a member has posted on the forum.

51 minutes ago, Docktor Dicking said:

i guess it haves to do with the amount of posts a member has posted on the forum.

Exactly.

There's also "Newbie" as the first role, but those roles are generally useless and most likely will be removed at some point. 

1 hour ago, Wyvyrias said:

Exactly.

There's also "Newbie" as the first role, but those roles are generally useless and most likely will be removed at some point. 

Aren't you supposed to be like a "super advanced member" by now? 

8 minutes ago, Docktor Dicking said:

Aren't you supposed to be like a "super advanced member" by now? 

Martin is beyond 700 posts. If there would be a role like that, he'd get it first. haha

2 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

Martin is beyond 700 posts. If there would be a role like that, he'd get it first. haha

Hahaha that's more like "Super super serial advanced member" :P

superserial.jpg

Edited by Docktor Dicking
super serial

The titles in forums are usually a way to tell if someone is new or has been involved with the forum for a while. Number of posts matters most for the title. (although users can post to get this number high, it doesn't really mean anything)

Reputation isn't yet on from what I've seen. This will matter most later on.

Any user can give reputation points to another user (if they've received help on a problem or general inquiries).

Just a way to show that that specific user was helpful.

1 hour ago, piespace said:

The titles in forums are usually a way to tell if someone is new or has been involved with the forum for a while. Number of posts matters most for the title. (although users can post to get this number high, it doesn't really mean anything)

Reputation isn't yet on from what I've seen. This will matter most later on.

Any user can give reputation points to another user (if they've received help on a problem or general inquiries).

Just a way to show that that specific user was helpful.

The reputation system was actually disabled a while back. Personally I think that's for the greater good. But considering the Astroneer community is a pretty mature bunch, we could consider switching it back on again. We'll see. :P

6 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

The reputation system was actually disabled a while back. Personally I think that's for the greater good. But considering the Astroneer community is a pretty mature bunch, we could consider switching it back on again. We'll see. :P

Like all things it can be abused but let's hope everyone is as mature as they appear.

13 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Exactly.

I feel it should be changed to "New member" because newbie kinda feels a bit rude.

1 minute ago, StevenR8 said:

I feel it should be changed to "New member" because newbie kinda feels a bit rude.

I don't think it maters as your not a newbie for very long anyway.

Just now, HellHasNoFear said:

I don't think it maters as your not a newbie for very long anyway.

Why does it say "You were last seen at December 28" Creepy.... :o 

3 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

Yeah I don't why, I noticed that yesterday. And everyone else's is correct. Maybe I'm not really here. 

Your...Your... A GHOST ;-;

12 minutes ago, StevenR8 said:

I think "Newbie" is fine. It's accurate.
"Noob" would be the rude variant.

9 minutes ago, StevenR8 said:

Why does it say "You were last seen at December 28" Creepy.... :o 

Anonymous login checked? :P

2 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

I think "Newbie" is fine. It's accurate.
"Noob" would be the rude variant.

Anonymous login checked? :P

It's not something I've done intentionally, I wouldn't even know how. 

1 minute ago, HellHasNoFear said:

It's not something I've done intentionally, I wouldn't even know how. 

aHyqk44.jpg

Probably you checked that on accident when logging in.

All those extra checkboxes is also how marketers trap people into signing up for newsletters.

Maybe you all could come up with a forum contest to come up with a new chart of pip titles and post counts that are Astroneerific... Astroneerism... Astroneeet...