game is not allowing me to change resolution to 1280x720. I change it hit apply and it does nothing so I go back in to change it and it says 1390x... so it doesnt save the option. Same for the sound. I turn music, atmosphere, voice, etc. all the way down and I can still hear the wind howl and fuel condensers ding. I go back into the audio options and it says that all the sound are all the way up (I can still hear the wind and everthing but no music now).

I also find that the options menus do'nt do anything. There is not even an OK, SAVE, APPLY, EXIT or any sort of button either. I have the bug with the extremely loud tether soud and i cant turn the volume down

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, this is an issue for Xbox I think, not for PC. Well, I don't play on PC so I don't know that for a fact, but I was watching the Devs' stream (recorded, I didn't get to see it live) where they were talking about bugs, and I actually saw the one who as streaming enter the options menu and there are settings for volume and other things as well. Why those are missing for X1, I have no idea! I really think they need to put those in ASAP (but of course, there are also a lot of serious bugs to address as well). Watching the stream, they did address many issues and bugs, however overall I didn't feel a lot was addressed specifically to X1. Maybe because X1 suffers much more of what would be called "quality of life" issues, than bugs. Now to be fair, multiplayer connections issues were addressed, which affects everyone no matter what they play on or which platform they use. And I'm not saying they ignored Xbox of course they didn't. I just hope overall the trend isn't to think of Astroneer as a PC game 1st, and a console game 2nd. How many people end up playing it on console will depend on many of those "quality of life issues" after all.

Right now, the terrain tool is extremely difficult to manage. It only gets worse the more hours you play (I have some game clips recorded that show just how much the cursor starts to lag, skip, drift around on its own, and become increasingly unresponsive such that I have to depress the trigger 5-6 times before it actually "does" anything at all). It's nowhere near as precise as a mouse but I recognize its not ever going to be. But we should have some sensitivy settings. I would also really love to be able to adjust the size of the reticle to get some better performance out of it. Not an infinite adjustment, but I was responding to another thread talking about setting "waypoints" and I mentioned I would love some sort of "breadcrumb" function for caves. One person said they mark arrows but on Xbox that's very hard to do with the way we use a tool. If we had a more sensitive, refined experience with the tool, combined with a much smaller selectible cursor, we could inscribe arrows or signage. Otherwise I thought a good idea might be using the printer to make small arrows with compound (not sure if we'd need a 4 directional set of arrows, or we could possibly manipulate just one to change its direction, overall the concept would be better once we can delete/recycle objects we create in the world). 

I suffer from arthritis, along with many other issues including chronic pain. Gaming is a great escape for me, and I love this game as well. But I'm having difficulty enjoying as much as I know I could. I hope and pray the terrain tool can become something much better than it is currently on X1 (and I do realize it is a pre-alpha and I will be patient). The tool is very  difficult to use and manage, which is the same thing other X1 users are reporting. As for the rest of the settings, they are there for PC users, we just need someone at System Era to add them into the Xbox game. I know I'm sick of the music already having played a ton of hours (the music is fine as game music goes but I'm just fatigued of it by now; I always turn game music off or to very low levels almost immediately, and it's frustrating I can't do this in Astroneer). I'd also like to adjust special FX volume. These are all fundamental things all games should include (gamma, master volume, music and SFX volume, control options and sensitivity for look/tools, someone mentioned sprint, colorblind modes, etc). Yes, these need to get added into Xbox with the next patch. I'm not sure the Devs know they're missing? They probably do, it's just they are very busy right now and the team is still small, and they have to focus the lion's share of their attention on things that are breaking the game for some players and stuff a large number of people are complaining about (some of which is mostly PC issues like that C++ error, we don't get things like that on consoles). I would say the terrain tool is definitely causing a lot of discomfort with my hands, but most Xbox players would agree the tool needs some serious adjustment (and at least some menu options for starters). Thanks.

Edited by Shadow Echo
Edited to add
On 1/31/2017 at 1:44 AM, Shadow Echo said:

Actually,..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Thanks.

jeez. You should have just made a new post instead of comment. I agree. I tried playing with xbox controller on my PC and it was awful. I tried to change controls and I have no option to do so. I just play with mouse and keyboard now which is much easier. Good game but needs a lot of work in bugs, crashes, and coding.