Add in building materials for housing or shelter

If you were a human astronaut the first thing you would do when you get to a planet would be to establish shelter. not to mine for minerals. be able to knockdown the trees or the things with nuts on them and convert them into building materials so I can make shelter instead of a weird ugly cave-like abomination.

3 hours ago, SLOlizardMAN27 said:

If you were a human astronaut the first thing you would do when you get to a planet would be to establish shelter. not to mine for minerals. be able to knockdown the trees or the things with nuts on them and convert them into building materials so I can make shelter instead of a weird ugly cave-like abomination.

That is what the habitat is.  I would like to be able to convert the trees into organic/resin and use them as a resource instead of hauling them to a pit and burring them.

9 minutes ago, miertam said:

That is what the habitat is.  I would like to be able to convert the trees into organic/resin and use them as a resource instead of hauling them to a pit and burring them.

I mean like a shelter that actually protects you from the wind and sandstorms that kill me with flying rocks and stuff every 10 minutes. I build a shelter around my base and habitat that looks like a demented cave. It hurts my camera movement and I have to make it huge to cover pretty much all my usable base so i don't die from random storms so often.

5 hours ago, SLOlizardMAN27 said:

I mean like a shelter that actually protects you from the wind and sandstorms that kill me with flying rocks and stuff every 10 minutes. I build a shelter around my base and habitat that looks like a demented cave. It hurts my camera movement and I have to make it huge to cover pretty much all my usable base so i don't die from random storms so often.

I agree, would also be a nice addition if it was possible to build decent walls and a gate so the base feels even more as a base.

15 hours ago, SLOlizardMAN27 said:

Nice idea! Maybe like "The Martian" base? and you can grow food inside! like potatoes!