Baked Spartan

Halo Easter Egg in patch "117"

The unique number, and Adam putting 117 in quotes on the patch branch just got me thinking. Obviously a majority of the team came from 343, which is pretty much known for ruining the halo series (not blaming anyone on this current team, just sayin halo 3 was the last good halo). Furthermore, everybody knows that the number 117 in the Halo community refers to Master Chief. So my question is; Did you guys purposely name the patch 117 and add a halo easter egg? Or is it some crazy coincidence that a bunch of devs from 343 accidentally made a patch 117 without even thinking about what those three numbers mean. It's probably the latter, but how cool would it be to find Master Chief's Helmet in a cave somewhere, or some sort of master chief Easter egg. I mean I know that 343, but this patch number 117 can't help but get me thinking about easter eggs getting added in. 

I've been using 0.2117.0 for something like a week. As numbers go, I think it's just the next consecutive number.

Thought 116 was smoother, you have a choice in cheating.   As for Halo 3.. I liked the rest as well, it just gets samey afterawhile.  Perhaps on release of 118 you'll think it's someone elses easteregg.

Finding ghosts, where there's only spirits.

If you turn the second 1 on it's side, it's 20-17, which equals 3. 

Half Life 3 confirmed. 

It would still be cool to find a halo relic that you  couldn't get in trouble for by 343 for by putting it in the game. like a broken robot that kinda looks like Guilty Spark, or somethin cool lol. Oh and Adam since you're here, there's a really annoying bug sometimes when you land at a terminal on a planet, when you get out the character is stuck halfway inbetween the ground. it fixes itself after some jumping, but still strange. Also sometimes when loading a save, if there was added terrain or something around the base, it is invisible until you actually get out of the hub.

Edited by Baked Spartan
Said somethin dumb

22 hours ago, SES_Adam said:

^

should be in bugs/ stuff, but this is what I was talking about on my previous post. You load the game, and it looks like the platform is floating in space, but when you get out everything is cool...

2017-01-12.png

2017-01-12 (1).png