Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
braka

Upper limit on number of tethers?

8 posts in this topic

So, i decided the best thing to do on the starting planet is to take all the compound and make tethers and travel around the planet. Now after god knows how many the game has become very laggy.

Is there an upper limit on the number of tethers?

Also i built a pillar that went above the storms. Did a sick sky dive sequence, died, spawned in my base, and now i cant find it my pillar.... hmm...

I don't think tethers has anything to do with the fps drop or laggyness of the game over time.

I've played games now of 2.117 with no tethers at all and they still get slow over time.

8 hours ago, pumpkinmeerkat said:

What game version and platform?

The latest version on steam.

5 hours ago, Martin said:

I don't think tethers has anything to do with the fps drop or laggyness of the game over time.

I've played games now of 2.117 with no tethers at all and they still get slow over time.

Okay, thats good to know... Thank you.

7 hours ago, Martin said:

Tethers do induce laggyness but so does everything the more you build the slower the game will get. With Tethers it takes about 45 packs of them to significantly slow the game if you just have them and a basic base.  I found out because I landed on the wrong side of the planet and tried to walk home. After a couple of days of laggyness I went back  and picked up all my tethers. After picking up and dumping 23 packs the game started to become more responsive, There were 45ish more packs in the chain before I collected them all.

Running on steam/windows 10

2.117 removed collision from tethers so I imagine they won't impact processor and memory usage as much when a lot are placed in a save?