How are you guys building your base?

WATCHMEHEAL

does your shuttle / spaceship land on your air base?

i climbed a mountain and made a base and i cannot get the shuttle to land there.  should i build a vehicle bay?  i don't need a v.bay any where else...?

mtn base 2.png

mtn base1.png

mtn base3.png

Whoa these are awesome base setups everyone got going on, especially the sky one.  I very much like some of the symmetrical ones.
Like everyone else, I wish there was a way to deconstruct modules

On 1/11/2017 at 9:12 AM, WATCHMEHEAL said:

Hello fellow Astroneers, I looked around and saw the different ways everyone is building their modules.  Some event built a base underground to avoid traveling to the surface of some planet.

I want to learn how to build an efficient base on different planets and moon (surface, underground or anywhere). 

My definition of efficient is to at least have well placed power sources to power all modules and walk very little between some modules (e.g. building a Fuel Condenser next to the Trade Platform)

I always make my base symmetrical, but I made a small mistake and I'm waiting for them to add an option to Deconstruct platforms that were accidentally placed.

After first run in december and a steap learning curve. I tried to keep the base straight and level on second run. Think I found out the most by now and waiting for a content update.
Great game, thanks System Era

Shot0001b.jpg

On 1/11/2017 at 11:41 PM, lawrencevanrijn said:

Is it possible to remove a module? I was a little silly and added the 5 modules, now I can no longer extend the base beyond that. 

You can drop down a new habitat next to a module and start building off of that. From space it will look like two "homes" in your LZ, but does not cause any problems. You will then have 2 bases essentially right next to each other.

Giant Solar Panels: I tried the giant solar panel trick on several maps using a rover body to link it up to my base. However, I find that it will only power my rover and will not transmit any current to the base.

Anyone having trouble with this? Is it a new patch change or bug?

My Solution: I find you can get around this problem by placing batteries on the rover body, which the base draws from and the giant panel constantly recharges. That's the only way I have found to transfer the current to my base.

On 1/12/2017 at 3:27 PM, AutoMcD said:

Kinda like this?

u35H5no.jpg

i found that in use it still feels kinda cluttered, the truck itself is in the way. Maybe could make the "road" wider.. but after this I went back to a style where I roll up next to base and everything front and center.

Dua4EMW.jpg

I like this set up and will use it. No more leaping back and forth over platforms!

12 hours ago, WATCHMEHEAL said:

Whoa these are awesome base setups everyone got going on, especially the sky one.  I very much like some of the symmetrical ones.
Like everyone else, I wish there was a way to deconstruct modules

awwww thanks<3