Rare_Ghost

Tethers Disappeared from bag

I'm on the Xbox One and my bug happened after the 2.10117 patch. My bug ended up eating my tether after my oxygen tank converted in to a tether tank. When I pick up my tethers and put them in my backpack they all disappeared. When I noticed that I no longer had any tethers I check out my backpack and it had converted back to an oxygen tank but was still eating my tethers I pick up off the ground. I was able to create a set of tethers from the compound but if I wanted to pick up the tethers I placed, it would register that I placed them in the o2 tank. I lost at the least 20 tethers.

55 minutes ago, Rare_Ghost said:

When I pick up my tethers and put them in my backpack they all disappeared. When I noticed that I no longer had any tethers I check out my backpack and it had converted back to an oxygen tank but was still eating my tethers I pick up off the ground. I was able to create a set of tethers from the compound but if I wanted to pick up the tethers I placed, it would register that I placed them in the o2 tank.

I'm on PC and don't have the oxygen tank issue but i do know a work around for the disappearing tethers. It seems that as long as you have the top-left slot of your backpack empty you won't lose the tethers. I think this also works with some tethers in that slot, but i'm not sure if a full set of tethers in that slot will make them disappear again.

The solution I found was to open the backpack before placing the tethers. If you place the tethers directly on yourself they'll disappear instead of going into the backpack.

11 hours ago, TCO1589 said:

I'm on PC and don't have the oxygen tank issue but i do know a work around for the disappearing tethers. It seems that as long as you have the top-left slot of your backpack empty you won't lose the tethers. I think this also works with some tethers in that slot, but i'm not sure if a full set of tethers in that slot will make them disappear again.

I agree with your solution. Leaving the top left slot open and tethers will go there. If you have a partial set of tethers in the top left slot they will fill it up, but once full newly picked up tethers  will disappear. You have to keep an eye on that top slot. I play on both Xbox one and the Windows 10 version. Its the same for both. 

I'm on the PC - tethers MUST go into the 1st position (top left). 

You don't need to open the backpack, but all retrieved tethers seem to want to go to that position.

If there is anything else there, they vanish.