lTHEoWOLFl

Still frame rate issues in the late game.

I'm sure many of you have noticed that placing tethers causes a ton of lag and the temporary work around for that was to pick them up again. However NOW for those further along and have bases with a ton of connectors the lag and frame rate continues to be an issue.

I don't believe this is an internet connection issue but rather something in game, specifically the terrain generation. Despite not having any tethers around my frame rate is sub-30 and almost unplayable. Some people are theorizing that the game constantly renders where everything is even if you're away from your base and so the more you explore the worse the frame rate and lag gets. Just a theory but one with promise. I am fully aware this game JUST came out and will continue to improve a ton every day but hopefully this is priority over adding new content. 

With all that said, Astroneer is amazing and I hope to see it continue to change and adjust into something fantastic.

I totally agree. 

I've come up with a blueprint to combat that issue. 

I'm playing on the Xbox One as well and what I found to at least keep the game's fps stable is to pretty much never use tethers, find locate the regenerating oxygen deposits and follow a path around them.

1st hunt down chrashed Shuttles for ALUMINUM, TITANIUM, COPPER AND LITHIUM preparing to build up your Oxygen, Power and Base. 

Once you've done so, build your Research Station 1st and do research until you find FILTERS (1 COMPOUND requiered) they refill every Oxygen Tank and add additional time THEY ARE VITAL

Build a Smelter then a Vehicle Bay and you shold be fine to explore with no major fps problems, from that point Ive been able to build in multiple locations with one base fully loaded and the others very minimal for instance my base on the moon only has a Vehicle Bay and a Trade Station since I can just shuttle any Research back to my home base.

Of course the framerate won't be perfect but its so much more smooth and enjoyable than the sudden slides shows of my first 3 Worlds having no clue lol.

Hope this helps until the eventual patch.

Edited by Freeform64