Sign in to follow this  
JeIIy

Stuck in space

I have been playing online with a friend, he is hosting. Whenever I go into space without leaving terran, and try to land back at home. The spaceship shoots off into the middle of nowhere and it does the normal thing as if you landed, (press tab to get out, obviously does nothing.) The only way to get out is to restart?

Same issue with me and my friend, it's the guest that bugs out. He takes off, clicks on the moon landing pad, shows the animation that he is travelling but instead shoots him off into space. Bug has been replicated twice. Quitting and rejoining game returns him to home planet base without shuttle but he is now unable to enter space and come back safely :(

WIndows 10, steam versions for both of us.

I believe the bug lies within the multiplayer bugs that don't accurately and consistently allow a client to interact with the host's virtual equipment. So in essence its a permissions thing.

What's happened to me now on several occasions I was a passenger in a multiplayer and while settling in orbit I wanted to look at the other planet's orbits, discussing with the host how to get to our destination, I activated the Orange button to provide me the wider view. Then later when the host activated the landing sequence I'm suddenly stuck out in the middle of nowhere watching the orbits of the planets in a duplicate ship. I can  see the planets, I can see the ship, but I can't interact with anything except moving the camera.

The engine seems to forget I'm a passenger and when the landing sequence is activated, it doesn't change my camera view to animate the sequence, gets confused and somehow leaves me way out on the rim of the solar system.

Edited by travin