[bugs & more] LISTED AS BULLETS

ROUGH DRAFT XBOX ONE (Game Preview) ROUGH DRAFT

These bugs, glitches, and crashes (BGC) that are listed below have probably been mentioned (or not). However, I still decided to make my own list just for the System Era team to check out and hopefully fix, soon. The BGC are listed as followed and are in order while playing the game from start to finished (e.g. 00:00hrs-12:00hrs): 

Lagging Problems plus System Crash

• When building a decent size base the game starts to slow down (00:00-00:30).
  • When base is fully complete (research, trade, smelter, etc...) the game becomes a bit more slow (00:30-01:00).
  • When creating more bases and adding teathers the game becomes reaches its most slowest state as possible. Game becomes really choppy (01:00-01:30).
  • It is at this point where the user must frequently save the game because the game spontaneously crashes. I am not a developer and don't know that much about systems, but if i had to guess why the game crashes is because of what is listed on bullet number 3 (01:30-...)

Building Problems

• When decided to construct the planet (not extract) the user may glitch through the surface. The process is simple. Stand on top of the construction circle and start constructing. The user will then fall through the map (00:00-00:05)
  • The user must also build everything on a surface that has not been altered. Why, because when the user dies or decides to save the game, quiet, and go back to the saved game, upon loading... the assets that were built on the altered surface has a chance of glitching. The assets either fall through the map, levitate above the surface, or completely disappear (00:05-00:10)
  •  

Space Ship Problems

to be continued... I have work in a bit, but I will definitely finish this list. There is a lot more to be added

:$

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things that should be added:

• Minimap so user can relocate the home base when they decided to wonder the planet with a solar and wind power truck that has a battery. I bring this up because when i first played the game and built the truck, as previously mentioned, I wonder off so far without teathers or any other markers that when it was time to get back home I didn't know where it was! It took me nearly 4hrs to find my way back home.
  • Fuel Gauge for all vehicles. 
  •  

to be continued... I have work in a bit, but I will definitely finish this list. There is a lot more to be added

:$

Edited by Steve002
11 hours ago, Steve002 said:

FINAL  DRAFT XBOX ONE (Game Preview) FINAL DRAFT

Unfortunately, I cannot edit my post above because the "edit" function has vanished (i'm a new user so i'm not familiar with this site).  So, with that said there's probably more I forgot to mention but since I can't edit this is all I have.

This is the final draft that contains all the problems I found with Astroneer while playing. : 

Lagging Problems plus System Crash

• When building a decent size base the game starts to slow down (00:00:00-00:30:00).
  • When base is fully complete (research, trade, smelter, etc...) the game becomes a bit more slow (00:30:00-01:00:00).
  • When creating more bases and adding tethers the game becomes reaches its most slowest state as possible. Game becomes really choppy (01:00:00-01:30:00).
  • It is at this point where the user must frequently save the game because the game spontaneously crashes. I am not a developer and don't know that much about systems, but if i had to guess why the game crashes it is because of what is listed on bullet number 3 (01:30:00-...)
  • Also, it is at this point that when the land is altered and the game crashes, restarts, and reloads... imaginary polygons occupying the empty space as if the land was never altered at all. 

Building Problems

• When decided to construct the planet (not extract) the user may glitch through the surface. The process is simple. Stand on top of the construction circle and start constructing. The user will then fall through the map within a second (00:00:00-00:05:00)
  • The user must also build everything on a surface that has not been altered. Why, because when the user dies or decides to save the game, quiet, and go back to the saved game, upon loading... the assets that were built on the altered surface has a chance of glitching. The assets either fall through the map, levitate above the surface, or completely disappear (00:05-00:10)
  • When altering the map 

Space Ship/Research Station/Printer Station/Fuel Condenser/Trade station

• none

Vehicle Station

• Multiple vehicles can occupy the same vehicle station simultaneously. This is a big problem when a user has multiple air crafts and forgets which landing is occupied. 
  • This next bug is just with the rover and truck. When a user has built a two trucks (truck one: contains all storage, truck two: contains a seat, solar panel, storage), links them with a rover, and then decides to fill the majority of storages with research... the trucks begin to glitch. It is like they cannot support the weight??

Smelting Station

• The smelting station does not give the user a warning stating, "The smelter can only smelt [enter number of items here]. Any additional items will be deleted and only one [enter number of items here] will be smelted." Yes, if all the carries are filled on the smelter with whatever items, say solar panels on all four carriers, and the user decides to smelt four items... it will smelt all four but output only one element.

Spawn after death

• How does a user know where they will spawn after death? If it's the spot where they saved the game, then this does not work on xbox one. 
  • Sometime a user may spawn beneath their spawn point causing the user to instantly die or fall into the land.

to be continued if able to edit...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things that should be added (personal opinion)

• Obviously a tutorial on how to play the game (especially on how to use each station) and set up multiplayer.
  • Mini Map so the user can relocate the home base when they decided to wonder the planet with a solar and wind power truck that has a battery or other traveling methods. I bring this up because when i first played the game and built the truck, as previously mentioned, I wonder off so far without tethers or any other markers that when it was time to get back home I didn't know where it was! It took me nearly 4hrs to find my way back home.
  • Fuel Gauge for all vehicles. 
  • Item indicator For example, say the user forgets what they have unlocked through research (or just cannot remember what they crafted) then there should be a way to view what the user has unlocked.
  • Easier way to pick up items and put them in the users back pack
  • Planetary Motion I don't know if it was intentional or not, but there should be a way to fast forward the planets instead of waiting almost 5 minutes for a distant planet to rotate so the user can descend to it.
  • Trade Manual should be a legend that depicts what combinations of items trade for what. For example, say user clicks pause, views trade legend, and then finds out that 1 titanium can be trade for 4 compound.
  • Function to delete stations or other crafted items
  • Multiplayer Lobbies 
  • Controllable aircraft carrier so the user can explore space and possible mine asteroids??
  • to be continued if able to edit...

rev: Wednesday,  January 11, 2017

Edited by Steve002