Hello all! I made this thread for players to exchange ideas for other players to do! This thread isn't for coming up with and sharing gameplay ideas that you would wan't the devs to implement. This thread is so players will always have something to try when they load into the game. 

An example of the kind of ideas I'm speaking about is like the giant interplanetary bridge some people have created. The bridge is just a man made growth that extends into space that you can travel on. 

If the thread doesn't die, which it has a huge chance of doing, you can come here for fun gameplay ideas other players have created! Share your ideas guys.

One goal, as it were, I use is to recover lost Astroneer's belongings, I find one on a planet then off to another to find more, like to imagine the folks back home would like to know.

I'm planning to eventually attempt a reverse dyson sphere, build out past atmosphere, surround the entire planet with land mass, would solar still work?

The most fun I've had so far is circumnavigating Terra using two trucks, a rover, and about 25 or so beacons. I thought navigating would be a lot harder to do. Turns out I made a pretty straight line.

FTrq7zB.jpg

Edited by Kordnish
1 hour ago, Forgo said:

I'm planning to eventually attempt a reverse dyson sphere, build out past atmosphere, surround the entire planet with land mass, would solar still work?

Assuming you were successful at that, and created the shell out of existing terrain, it should block out the sun, so no solar won't work, and you will die from self-induced winter, the temperature would drop significantly, all plant life relying on the sun would die, any water would start freezing up and an Ice Age would start, gulf streams would stop due to no circulation about the planet, so no wind for you.. catastrophe.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Unata said:

One goal, as it were, I use is to recover lost Astroneer's belongings, I find one on a planet then off to another to find more, like to imagine the folks back home would like to know.

I got my next idea when i do my next solo world, plus itd be fun to think about all the possibilities for what happened. Plenty of downed satellites, might be related!

• Recreate Mount Rushmore.
  • A base at every landing zone on a planet
  • A base among the clouds (I've done this)
  • Landmark the Northern and Southern poles
  • Make a ski resort with snow slides (someone did this!).
  • Underground base with solar power
  • Base in the center of the planet
  • Planet within a planet