Sign in to follow this  
BshonGaming

Xbox One Patch; Is it noticeable?

Can anyone tell me what the recent Xbox patch is like? I won't be able to play for quite some time to test it out myself, so I'd like if someone could come in and tell me if the patch has a noticeable effect on the gameplay experience. Things like multiplayer crash frequency, frame rate, everything really. Thanks in advance!

Haven't tested MP yet but started a new save solo style. Can say that the frame rate seems marginally (maybe 5%) better. This is an area that still needs massive improvement imo. The game needs to lock in at 60 fps regardless of how many tethers or modules you place.

beyond that, seems mostly like a small update. Nothing new to report 

3 minutes ago, RocketMan69 said:

<snip>

The game needs to lock in at 60 fps regardless of how many tethers or modules you place.

</snip>

This seems to be an issue where buildings/tethers are rendered no matter how far away or out of screenspace they are. Should probably be fixed soon.

1 hour ago, RocketMan69 said:

Haven't tested MP yet but started a new save solo style. Can say that the frame rate seems marginally (maybe 5%) better. This is an area that still needs massive improvement imo. The game needs to lock in at 60 fps regardless of how many tethers or modules you place.

beyond that, seems mostly like a small update. Nothing new to report 

Appreciate the reply! I believe that the frame issues will be an easy fix once they start working on it. Like the guy above said, it's probably something along the lines of objects being rendered when they are not needed.