Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

SES_Adam
Message added by Wn5UssND2T6URwZc

15 hours ago, frank sinatra said:

map or GPS system?

Don't hold your breath, the Devs seem to be pathologically opposed to the very idea of navigation aids.

6 minutes ago, DKeith2011 said:

Don't hold your breath, the Devs seem to be pathologically opposed to the very idea of navigation aids.

If that'd be true, we wouldn't have a beacon.

Maybe a way to travel to different solar systems. 

A way to make space stations.

A way to upgrade your spaceship.

A win to win the game.

пожалуйста, сделайте урон от падения зависящий не от времени самого полёта, а от скорости на момент приземления, чем выше скорость полёта, тем больше урона при приземлении, на луне же гравитация меньше, и там не очень приятно умирать с небольшой высоты из-за длительного полёта

Please make the damage from the fall not depending on the time of the flight itself, but on the speed at the moment of landing, the higher the flight speed, the more damage on landing, the less gravity on the moon, and there it is not very pleasant to die from a low altitude because of a long Flight 

Ideas for improving exploration
- As others have stated, a navigation pane with map and markers or a compass HUD with markers on edge is needed when exploring away from your base for any distance, especially important on small planets where the quickly rising horizon obscures even close markers
- Change the color of the avatar compass, possibly dynamically or at least add an outline; when standing on snow and in full sun, the compass is unreadable

Ideas for improving crane mining
Crane mining on an incline is near impossible.
- Levelling braces - Add braces to crane module that keeps it from moving around, and provides a stable, and un-diggable platform to mine from.
- Parking brake - When not in the driver seat the rover will not slide down a hill.. so when I'm in a crane, do the same thing.. I can't drive from the crane seat, so the vehicle shouldn't move either.

Ideas for improving low gravity
- Slow down the vehicles to a more stable speed in low gravity planets
- Make rovers more stable in general, they are somewhat unstable in normal atmo, in low grav they are nearly uncontrollable, even more so with trailers.  I spend more time getting out to flip the rover, even when only tapping on the 'gas pedal' to go in a straight line.

Ideas to Improve base design
- Make buildings movable or removable (with resource recovery).  If I accidentally overlap two production stations, I can't use one of the storage sides.
- Allow me to connect two buildings that were not an extension of one another.  For example, I should be able to add a habitat to a line of non-station platforms, in case I learn habitat after I learn large shuttle (not where the shuttle landed though).

Idea to rid the world of space debris
- Resource collection from space junk should be able to break down that junk into its base compounds via the smelter or drill head.

Great game.

My kids love it too, we wish that the co-op crashes would be fixed soon.. so many worlds to now discover as a group.

Z

Ideas for improving terrain tool
- Allow 'profiles' for the terrain tool. Create an alternate terrain tool mod config, based on the mods in your backpack. Cycle between them, so that an inhibitor mod can be switched off and on quickly, instead of pulling it off and on the tool to disable it.
- Toggle Mod Power (If above suggestion is too complex) . We have 3 attachment points, but maybe there should be a way to cycle through them, toggle the mod on or off, without removing it from the tool.  I could potentially see mods flying if I went to cycle my profile, and there was no room on the backpack.

Edited by Zammis

Hello, recently I had an idea about making this pretty game maybe a little harder but more interesting and... hmmm... longer? Now I feel I can research everything quite fast, travel to another planer and as I know some players got bored so I thought "hey, what about experience point and some currency?". What I mean by this? It means that when you "research" something like now, that thing enables in some kind of things-available-to-research-book kind of thing and you have to earn enough research / experience points to actually research it to be able to build it. After that you need enough currency to build verything, currency is earned by sending things that "home base" needs, like things that we have already (aluminium, copper, etc), sending some flora species or artifacts that could be added to game. That would mean that firstly we can have only small solar panels, small wind turbines, etc and making a base is rather slow, but after playing longer we can "grind" better tools, vehicles and buildings.

With this you can make something like "home base missions" where home base sends info that they need specific item from specific planet so they will give you some good research blueprints. First they can tell you only that "this thing that home base need is somewhere in XY solar system" but you can upgrade scanners or something like that and after some time of play you can scan solar systems to find info that "required items are on planets XYZ" or when fully upgraded scanner can tell you "item is on planet X". So this is about solar system scanners and missions.

When you land on planet first you have to find those mission items by yourself but you can research and buy planer scanners that can tell you in which area item might be, as you upgrade those planet scanners it can tell you location with better accuracy. What do you think about this idea?

I don't know if anyone reads all these posts...but:

I pre-ordered Skyrim, and I have been playing it consistently for 6 years.

Every game is a new and unique game for me. This is because I have so much control over every aspect of the game that I can set my own parameters and my own character goals. So each experience is a new one, as I don't repeat the same quest lines for each game, and choose a different path for each new character.

The addition of mods is very helpful, but not essential for this. I rarely complete the main quest, as it's very anticlimactic for me.

I'd like to see a similar goal in Astroneer. Let the player set some personal goals, and winning would be accomplishing those goals. 

I'm not talking about achievements, which I ignore. Goals like: find 7 essential alien artifacts, and build a teleporting device using them. Teleport to any habitat on any planet. Scour the solar system for rare items to make a hydrozine powered jet pack. Build a huge space station orbiting the sun that pulls hydrozine from the sun's corona.

If there were a lot of these goals available, a player could start many new games with a specific end goal for each, or go wacky completionist and go for everything!

I suspect that something similar may be in the works. Give a man a fish, and he eats. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for life.

Give a player a game, and he wins, and puts it on the shelf. Give a player control over the game parameters, and that player will play forever.

Well, OK...the player will die eventually, or rage quit and bust the controller, but I hope you understand my point.

• 2 weeks later...

recall tethers: I play on Xbox one and b4 some of the patches, having tethers all over the place made the game lag. I think being able to recall all tethers in a line would help stabilize the game.

Se deberia añadir ajustes de la calidad de los graficos para las personas que tienen un mal PCxDxDxD

Ideas para mejorar el sistema de viajar con las naves espaciales:

1-En cada planeta, añadir una o mas estaciones espaciales para aterrizar

2-Añadir objetos de investigacion que se desbloqueen con el proposito de mejorar una funcion de la nave; ya sea la velocidad,la posibilidad de alcanzar mas planetas...

3-Crear una especie de remolque para la nave donde puedas tener las funciones de la cabina espacial, la impresora, el fundidor... para que sea portatil

On 12/11/2016 at 10:26 AM, SES_Adam said:

You know what this game is REALLY missing?... A car jack.

Edited by Shim
Apparently I'm REALLY bad at replying.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first start playing Astroneer, I had no idea how to find resin or any other resource.

So, I suggest at the start of a game there be a message explaining how to find resources.

Also, I would like there to be a storage platform, to store excess resources.

I think a simple solution to the vehicle problem would be increase the vehicle fall speed/rate and make the camera face forward when driving a vehicle.

4-Ideas for astroneer.

1.Uranium/Reactors, Uranium can only be found on irradiated planet, and Reactor taker 4 IRON to build.

2.Blank Brick, Take 1 square slot when placed, can be used to stack higher or to the sides.

3. Treads for vehicles, bigger, slower, hard to tip.great for mountain climbing.

4. Abandoned bases, good for finding resources, can find a dead body full of resources or a new tool.

Two ideas for tethers . 

myself and a friend have had an idea for multiplayer . 

When playing with multiple friends and those friends have ventured to far from the base and their player icon is no longer visible . My friend had the idea of when you are tethered whichever player is tethered  to that tether it would turn that players colour . So as to be like a sign of where that person is . So if you have lost them all you have to do is follow their coloured tether to find them .  

And possibly the current will follow their direction .

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there! I already send an email to you guys (TheCrazyTyson@gmail.com) but I will only post my most usefull ideas here. Okay so I was thinking about a generator, no no no of cource not another power generator but a oxygen bubble generator, Why this idea? I think that multiplayer sessions are lagging becouse of the tethers and exploration on the planet thats why. Oh and of cource you would be able to upgrade it, and the fuel it uses wil be organic why you might ask? Well trees and plants make oxygen in real life so yea thats why. So a little recap on this idea:

-oxygen generator so tether usage can be lowered (you wil still need to use them)

-Fuel organic

-Recipe: 4 copper

-How to upgrade: every so (distance you're choise) you need to put in 2 extra copper. 

-Placement: Just like a habitat where you would like it. 

I hope you'll do something with this idea thanks! 

# Idea

Adding water element

If water could be introduced as a obstacle or a location where it could save the player from a great fall death. 

An a element to help design basses to go under or around. 

The possibilities can be endless to adding a different element so verisital could maybe sucked up into canisters. Find a planet that is cold pur out the water from the canisters n make ice for fun n see how the vehicles can handle ice or water.

Retractable winch....It's that simple. Stab an item, go back to the rover and retract the winch to pull the item in. Currently it flops around loosely.

I feel like i get to a spot where there is not much reason to keep playing (feel like i do everything there is to do and to continue is to not keep moving forward). I'd like to see more of a reason to keep mining/playing. Maybe more buildings, more of a actual colony with residents, maybe after you make a spaceport or something.  Would be cool to not only have to mine, but to have to create living quarters , entertainment, healthcare buildings and such for residents of the colony. Along with all that, if i could start a colony with my buddy and play it together or separate. Would be cool to see other people/gamers  on the planet as well.

A suggestion is a mod that creates a flat surface relative to the center of the plant kinda like the alignment mod but for a flat surface.