SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

here are some ideas that i think may improve this game :

1. Add some new features to make it feel more like a survival game eg. hunger and something like that

2. Add animals to the game :)

3.  Local split screen co op should be nice

4. Add more blueprints! It's not enough xD 

I really have high hopes for this game and I will be very happy if you make this happen :D 

On 17/12/2016 at 8:59 AM, Topher said:

I think It would be cool to be able to build n actuall base where you can go inside and it would have oxygen without tethors and thats where you can sleep the night out or store stuff.

Totally agree with this thats a great idea

On 17/12/2016 at 8:59 AM, Topher said:

I think It would be cool to be able to build n actuall base where you can go inside and it would have oxygen without tethors and thats where you can sleep the night out or store stuff.

I think I have an idea that would be pretty cool, so basically in the printer you put in 2 copper and you get 1 resource node and you can attach it to a tether on the surface and it has 16 spaces to put stuff (two pages of 8 so the screen doesn't become full) and you can build another one and put it on a tether under ground and when you put an item in the Under ground resource node  (there would be two seperate nodes one called Above ground resource node and a Under ground resource node both cost 2 copper) it will be transferred up the tether line to the Above ground resource node and you can just go and collect it when you need it.

Thank you for making Astroneer it is lots of fun and I cant wait to see it grow and if you do include my idea thank you so much, if not thanks anyway.

Still the best game on Xbox One in my opinion but they should add launch pads so when you're playing with your friends and they're game crashes or they have to get off and then they try to get back on they don't have to spawn back at the home planet so they should add launch pads so when they launch from the space station if you have a launch pad built on a planet they can launch to it rather than having the host fly all the way back home to pick them up or build a new shuttle or spaceship but then they could make it to where the launch pads could only be used for spawning not for traveling between planets because then there would be no reason for shuttles or spaceships it would just make it more convenient and I was thinking they could add like planes you can fly around and not leave the atmosphere of the planet you're on with it and also hovercrafts and more vehicle mounts.

I think you should add a base we can build to store sleep etc. I also think you should add jet packs as apart of something to build. Or a flying object that can let you fly across the planet you are on.

By google translate. Sorry for mistakes.

My ideas on how to diversify the game and make it more addictive.

1. The game requires extended crafting system. For example, you can implement a construction that if the necessary components will generate a unique resource (eg, plutonium or something like that).

2. Motivation. It is necessary to motivate the player to build on this planet more than one base, and a lot of different databases for development and to continue the study of the planet. (For example, adding to the game a lot of hard-to-resources and technology). These same: you can add a task to the player to get a certain Number of valuable resources (add new ones that can not be found through the exchange platform, but you can get manufacture them ourselves Reach Vysk level of development or finding on the planet can complicate the task and make sure that valuable resources. the player can be used to obtain some particularly profitable opportunities. in this way a player will at all times be faced with the choice to spend valuable resources on itself and to continue the search or to perform the task of sending these resources to space and thus be able to go to the next planet) .

3. Creativity. It would be interesting to the player himself may have come up with their own vehicles (and trailers) by drawing from a variety of components (eg, replace the wheels on the tracks, and thus allow the transport to overcome any obstacles in its path, especially in difficult passable climbs).

4. Development. For example, to get some kind of complex technology, it is necessary not only to find a suitable container, but also need to study the resources (types of resources better to diversify the type of electronics, etc.)

5. Threats. You can add to the game a meteor rain, which could destroy the player's base, and thereby forcing the player to restore the database from the beginning. To protect against meteorites player needs to invent a force field that it would be protected from meteorites, but at the cost of huge amounts of energy costs.

6. Automation. The game can be added, for example, complex buildings (their usefulness need to come up), which can not simply build with the right resources. For the construction of such buildings must have a crane that can be placed on the vehicle. The same could be put on a vehicle is a special improvement and give control of them to the AI, which could both build complex buildings, collect resources, to carry out reconnaissance missions, or if the player lost, could for him to come and send it back to the base, or to said beacon.

7. Improvements. For a start would be to add to the game a special construction, which would be able to produce for the player a variety of improvements for his "rucksack" on the back. For example increasing the number of cells available, the amount of energy, air volume, adding new slots for modifications.

8. Landscape. You can add a rock that can not change the tool, but to extract from it the necessary resources and unique, you must use a drill (for complications can be done so that the use of the drill at the rock would take up a lot of energy).

9. Mining. It is possible to diversify the ways of resource extraction. For example, the construction of wells in certain areas will enable to produce oil, which can be reworked to use as energy or to use it is not recycled. as a resource for making anything desired.

10. Animals. The game is very necessary to a variety of flora and fauna. We need aggressive animals that would not only lay in wait for the player far from the base, but also might have to hunt for it. That is like a storm, they could come to its base to catch the player. For the protection you could create turrets that would like to kill or scare away would be aggressive animals on the player's base (the idea can be developed and used protection factor as well as the air and the energy, that is a player, it is desirable to carry a portable turret, and enough energy to protection). In an ideal development of the idea, as a result of this force the player to always plan your route, and not carelessly sent to investigate is not particularly afraid of anything the planet.

11. Distant planets. You can make sure that the player did not have enough fuel on it to get to the desired planet, he would have had to land on asteroids, to make up for lack of fuel.

12. Interaction with the environment. You can add to the improvement of transport as a saw, that it was possible to cut the trees to get wood from which it was possible to make charcoal, or just to knock down a tree to get the fruit on this tree.

Hey guys, found awesome video with similar vibe) check out:
(also, please make an option to create "open server", i want random people to join my game again, it was fun!)

Здравствуйте, хочу предложить реализацию межпланетной станции на которой могла либо производиться торговля, либо постройка собственной межпланетной базы.Так же хотелось бы осуществить реализацию постройки стен, постановки их с помощью крана. Могу сделать примерные эскизы, а также 3 д модели.Если заинтересовал, прошу связатся со мной.

Edited by Dimoshka95

On 12/18/2016 at 5:40 AM, AlladiN said:

I have an idea! Make it a survival game! Add a health bar, hunger bar and thirst bar! Add more aliens to kill and gather meat and water from them (or water from different plants such as cactuses).

Add weapons which you can kill aliens with. Make it more challenging!

I would personally love to see these features in the game! You can also make a multiplayer PvP mode on a big planet like servers and people can raid each other and gather resources.

Hope you will take this into consideration!

go play ark or space engineers, keeping it non pvp is what makes it great game, dont over do it with health bar, food water etc, then it becomes just like all the others with limited fun

here my ideas.

1- first person camera option

2- animals, more resourcers and in a moment advanced, you can use a population in ur bases for collect them.

3- more players online coop.

4- add turrets and selfdefense, and every some time (long time) aggressive animals or enemy conquerors attack ur bases, planets... it would make more interesting the game. (maybe in another game mode)

Currently the game is too easy to complete, even with hostiles and storms. I think it would be better if you had to find blueprints and build specific parts to build structures, vehicles and anything else. This will bring a different aspect to the game as it makes it more technical or mechanical, if this does become a feature however, players should be able to upgrade their parts in a machine called a vehicle assembly or armoury where players can build armour to absorb more damage. They should be able to view the recipe so they can see what is needed to build the upgrade for example: If i have copper suspension and i want to upgrade it to aluminium, i will have to go and find a research object to discover the blueprint for the aluminium suspension, collect the resources to build it then apply it onto the rover/truck, this should be available for spacecraft too so you can upgrade the speed, efficiency etc.

In a nutshell, please make the game more mechanical or technical to make it more interesting.

Currently the game is too easy to complete, even with hostiles and storms. I think it would be better if you had to find blueprints and build specific parts to build structures, vehicles and anything else. This will bring a different aspect to the game as it makes it more technical or mechanical, if this does become a feature however, players should be able to upgrade their parts in a machine called a vehicle assembly or armoury where players can build basic or advanced armour to absorb more damage, the more advanced the armour, the better the protection. They should be able to view the recipe so they can see what is needed to build the upgrade for example: If i have copper suspension and i want to upgrade it to aluminium, i will have to go and find a research object to discover the blueprint for the aluminium suspension, collect the resources to build it then apply it onto the rover/truck, this should be available for spacecraft too so you can upgrade the speed, efficiency etc. If this game was going to be more realistic, everyone knows that with different materials comes different advantages and disadvantages so maybe you could add that in too, when upgrading the vehicle or viewing it in the vehicle assemble, four level bars should show the player the levels of speed, efficiency, weight and grip of the vehicle and the levels should changed when applying upgraded parts to the vehicle.

In a nutshell, please make the game more mechanical or technical to make it more interesting.

A few more thoughts.

The main thing is that the player would like to see in the game is the ability to feel like 1) researcher, 2) the creator, 3) to overcome various difficulties
About creativity and development, many have expressed, but currently all this seems in general? I think if we take the examples of the closest and most successful example of the implementation of these ideas - this is a game «Factorio», where clearly realized all of these ideas. In fact, a player wants to do, and, ideally, plan and automate the production of leading him from the simple to the incredibly complex. All this requires the player to constantly seek resources for development and plan production chain, as well as to make difficult decisions. For example, this is a rare resource recycle and use to create some improvement? Or is it better to recycle rare resource, and to combine it with another resource to get something new to further study the technology?
Simply put in implementation of one implies the other. That is, the large number of technologies, types of resources, capabilities, and most importantly the production of means of production and planning the placement base consisting of small factories. All this makes the player continuously explore the world and to remain on the planet as long as possible, rather than seeking by examining a small part of the planet immediately leave it.

I think some sort of mission log and/or timeline to the adventuring would be fun.  Maybe some sort of way the player can see their accomplishments in a linear fashion.  In my opinion, this contributes to persistence.  For me, persistence is big.  It makes the player feel like they own their adventure. 

Great game guys! Been playing it on xbox and can definitely say i'ts been one of the best surprises i've had these last months!

Gameplay ideas:

I think the other players already gave some awesome ideas. What if you took these ideas and made them all be researchable and , if possible, in stages? for instance, the minimap or gps: instead of just granting the player with those features, why not making them research the compass, then the minimap, them some  things would show up on the minimap etc. This same logic could apply to all the other ideas below:

1- Jetpack (this would be really usefull to reach certain points of the map or to smoothen some descends)

2- ability to name/rename beacons (could be as simple as naming them A, B C or using colours)

3- allowing the player to put signs indicating the ways, for example, in a tether bifurcations

4- More complex weather dynamics! I realize the most dangerous things that could happen when in another planet would be weather related. So why not put more focus on this? for example, allowing for the construction of a weather station, where the player could, through research, forsee the catastrophs that are about to happen. some of the events could be massive and cause damage to the base/vehicles that would need to be repaired. Also, there could be volcanos and lava flows/eruptions.

5- a larger base where we could sleep through the night

6- make everything more customizable (clothes, colours. why not making also the colours/pigmentation researchable?)

7- maybe a drone? don't know about that since these planets have little to no atmosphere. (hence the whole tethering...)

Technical improvements:

1- stabilize FPS

2- ability to delete/rename saves

3- make it easier to carry researchable items (don't know on PC, but it is really complicated and tiring to carry the items on foot/running using the xbox gamepad)

4- fix the vehicle disappearance bug

Campaign/storytelling ideas:

1- implement quests/missions: for example: Rescuing some lost astronaut; Examining a fallen spacecraft and retrieve some important item; Researching some remote area of the planet (top of a volcano, inside of a massive cave etc)

2- allowing the player to plan and go on some research missions. The planning would include deciding where to go with the aid of some kinf of map, setting up objectives, gathering resources for the journey, setting up the truck/vehicle and then finally leaving for the mission. Maybe the truck could transform into some kind of temporary camp/base during the mission.

Last, I'm not sure about adding fauna (at least dangerous animals that would have to be hunted/killed). I think that would demand massive work from the programmers and I'm not sure if that wouldn't end up changing the whole idea of the game...

that would be all I can remember for now guys! keep up the amazing work!!!

cheers from Brazil!

I have a suggestion for base building.

What if you guys made it to where we could deconstruct modules, and get half the resources back, so that if we misplaced a module for a base we can take it away and replace it. And could we also cancel modules after we deposit the resin in the future? I for one would love that 

Please make the land space further of the vehicle bay so when you get out of your spaceship you don`tScreenShot ASTROONER.png get stuck.

By the way ASTROONER Is na amazing game, I have more then 10 hours of gameplay register thanks for this experience!

Features to add that would make the game more enjoyable

1. Craftable device that helps you track certain elements

2. Aliens and other NPCs in the world to interact with or get clues about certain resources and crash sites

3. Ability to extend base upward or downward i.e. tall building or buildings that extend underground

4. More Planets/Moons!

5. Different types of storms. Rainstorm, Thunderstorm etc

Just a few. I think the game is awesome at this state but definitely tons of room for improvement.

5 minutes ago, Csingle2 said:

Features to add that would make the game more enjoyable

1. Craftable device that helps you track certain elements

2. Aliens and other NPCs in the world to interact with or get clues about certain resources and crash sites

3. Ability to extend base upward or downward i.e. tall building or buildings that extend underground

4. More Planets/Moons!

5. Different types of storms. Rainstorm, Thunderstorm etc

Just a few. I think the game is awesome at this state but definitely tons of room for improvement.

Some excellent ideas... especially #2 and #5

NPCs in last stream was a possibility with creatures and/or pets.

Probably a lot of these have already been mentioned but here goes...

Idea for story/context of Astroneer world:

since there are no individual quests or storyline or anything, I would suggest large scale server-wide events that force players to team up or problem solve, with a story behind them. All players would get a text box pop up on their screen alerting them to an event. Specifically these could entail things such as:

• different weather events on different planets that require more action on the player than just "hunker down and ride it out"
  • rare hostile NPCs/plants that need to be dealt with
  • meteor strikes from other planets that may deposit rare resources (or toxic space goo)
  • geological movement events that may expose resources or radiation
  • evil space overlord demanding resources or else unleashing attack on bases

Thanks for reading, and thanks for making such an awesome and fun game, I can't wait to see how this project develops!