SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

Mini map, deleting saves and naming stuff

First off, we need a minimap, and then i suggest a map that only shows where you have been, and you can open it for a bigger map. And naming beacons!

Second. We need a "DELETE" button on our saves, and naming the saves!

Not a fan of a mini map but would be open to one that only shows explored areas. I enjoy having to use the compass to find my way back home. Adds a challenge.

A few new features that would be nice to have

I think you guys/gals should add different graphics options so that computers that don't have 2GHz in there processor can run it more smoothly. I also think that you guys/gals should make the oxygen last longer then it does now seeing as if you glitch through the ground you die because you dont have enough time to get out. If that could happen that would be great!

thanks

13 hours ago, eckhartpowers said:

I'd have to agree with Eraycer on this one. Or at least wait a very long time before implementing hostile mobile enemies. Maybe if the day/night cycle duration is increased you could have huge alien creatures come out at night and implement them into survival in some way without them being over-powered, but I'm sure anything like that is in the very distant future-- if ever. Not to mention the ugly awkwardness A.I. can create in a procedural game.

i agree.. but if they do not have enemies.. there needs to be a TON of secrets / explorable (hard to find) areas. More materials.. and a GOAL of some sort.. cause right now its not even a survival game until hunger gets added.. but then.. what are you surviving for. I would like to see a "Myst / Riven" style exploration system. where you find hidden rooms or in this case spaceships or planet ruins that reveal secrets and objects that when combined together maybe eventually  make a portal to an unreachable planet in a different solar system. Just spit balling.. but yeah i dont see a big need for AI bad guys

Back pack seems a little too... finalized.

I would like to see it start out with 2 or 4 slots on it.. and then re-searchable / upgradable with materials later on that allow for 2 more spaces at a time. extending to a 3x4 final back pack with the 2 extenders being added at tome point..

or... possibly an opening back pack that will only show you the outer 8 slots.. and then later... gets an upgrade so that the backpack separates vertically left and right to reveal a hidden section of 2x4 

like so

2016-12-28_12-41-37.png

2016-12-28_12-43-08.png

Hello!

First of all congrats for the game, I love it!

My suggest is to add the possiblity to combine two or more items that are the same in different slots, for example; the possibility to combine both tether on the next image:

Thank you in advance!

Greetings!

Captura.PNG

Satellites that would discover the planet.

So I was thinking it would be awesome if you could like research a satellite and then when u made it, it would orbit the planet and slowly like.. discover the planet. You could maybe have a map  sort of thing that would show the planet and where you are or something like that. Or like you would be able to see beacons from above from a satellite.

I think it would be nice to have some sort of way of knowing where you are on the planet but not make it really easy to get, like maybe make the satellite out of titanium or something like that.

I've got an idea! There are seeds which you can get by destroying plant life! 

There are these plots ,which to make takes two aluminium in a printer, that takes two spaces!

You can use these plots to plant seeds that grow trees!

Then overtime the trees grow organics!

You could also add water to make a watering system with these trees!

The trees would be perfect to stick on a rover which has an organic generator!

PS I love this game 

~Nicholas Forster 

Edited by Pedroukukuk
I'm not sure if a hunger meter would be a great idea for fans.

AUTOMATION

maybe add a new type of tether that is computer cable and a item that can be added to a hydrozeen generator that would auto create it but it costed more energy and was slower. You could also add some way of auto transferring items in between the different modules like the printer and vehicle bay.

Improve POV pivot. 

Currently, the right-mouse click allows my pov to pivot around my character.  What would be much more useful is if the point of view could pivot around ANY point where I right-click.

Another idea... some hot-key that would allow my camera to quick-align to the direction that my character is facing - without having to reach for the mouse and swing my pov around behind him to look forward.

Deconstruction... lets say the player build a node on their base, he/she doesn't like where it is or what's on it. Being able to remove the platform or the thing on it would be a great thing.

Also being able to do the same with items like the "MK1" solar panel and wind vane would be nice as well.

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Loffaxio said:

First off, we need a minimap, and then i suggest a map that only shows where you have been, and you can open it for a bigger map. And naming beacons!

Yes!

Astroneer coming to ps4?

I may be one of very few people who only has a ps4 and mac but I would really like for this game to be on PlayStation 4

Also i think a mini jetpack would be a cool idea which is built out of iron and astronium and runs on coal, is quite powerful and is an extension to the underneath if the characters storage

for people who have completed everything and can play around with this.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:08 AM, AlLMan said:

This idea for improving navigation. I'd like to see the icons of base and vehicle on compass, because i spent 1 hour for searching my base. And also you can increase battery and car accumulator charge

P.S. Game is amazing

I agree! I would like to see a satellite construction. Maybe an upgrade option for the trade station. Navigation from planet to planet needs a point of reference so a GPS satellite. along with the upgrade you get a transparent HUD at top of the screen with all the Beacons,Bases,Vehicles and Bodies(That haven't been looted) . My son and I would love this this  feature added. 

you need more elements like uranium, gold, diamond, and more.als maybe add a dressig room where you can further customize your character

i thought might be pretty cool if Astroneer the ability to build a space station in space and float around with a craftable jet pack mod on both sides of your backpack which is only activated in space. i also thought it would be smart that when you first exit your space craft before you ever build a space station and you don't have a  jetpack mod you float away from your craft run out of oxygen and eventually die, also floating tethers without stands which can be lost and float away if not attached to a space station or space craft. it helps to give the player more to do and can possibly makes survival more challenging than any planet. i also feel that it would fit in perfectly with the space suit. furthermore i believe that it could add more variety and possibility to the game. Finally i think that a space station can help with some pretty epic screenshots.

I would like to have some Signs for naming which tunnel is for which content

Another idea is to make a tool or a Vehicle whit which we can make straight ways. (all even)

We need more lights. Lamps which bring more ligh into Caves.

And last of the Wishes is a buildable Dome Around my base to protect me against storms :-)

Thats all for the starting

Thanks for reading

On 12/28/2016 at 7:17 AM, Eraycer said:

Not a fan of a mini map but would be open to one that only shows explored areas. I enjoy having to use the compass to find my way back home. Adds a challenge.

Maybe a map something like Rusts' map. A map that can show only the places you have been in.

1430933809908.png

Bonjour à tous. Pour Commencer je trouve le jeu magnifique j'ai deux trois idées pour améliorer l'expérience de jeu.

1) mixer les Ressources pour les constructions (exemple le camion coute 4 aluminium) le construire avec 2 aluminium 1 composite 1 résine

2) Rendre le véhicule ainsi que les balises et la base de visible sur la boussole

3) faire des balises de couleurs différentes pour mieux se repérer

4) pouvoir supprimer et renommer les parties sauvegardées

Merci pour tout je retourne au jeu

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:20 AM, Loffaxio said:

yes delete and save we need that for sure

I think jetpacks would be an interesting idea. I don't know if someone has suggested it already or if you're working on it, or maybe they already exist.

I really think that the multiplayer really needs work. Make it easier to join games and make it so that the game actually saves for both player. Another thing is to expand on the game, add more minerals, building, planets etc. finally, make it so that when player play they have decent fps. (Please fix bugs: fall through world, can't see the trade station. ETC.......) 

On 12/11/2016 at 8:26 AM, SES_Adam said:

goodideas.jpg

Hello!

If you're playing Astroneer and have a suggestion for us, we'd love to hear it! The best way to share that is right here in this sub-forum. You can create the thread however you'd like, but I would suggest:

1. Making your title straight to the point. E.g. "Three ideas for improving weather gameplay."
  2. We'd love to hear not only your idea, but why you feel its an improvement or the right step for us to take. Basically try and let us in to your thought process behind the idea.
  3. Include whatever images, mock-ups, doodles, videos, and anything else that would help us understand your idea.
  4. Tag your post with "idea".

How do I 'Tag my post with "Idea"'

Edited by Maaaatie