SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

On 24.12.2016 at 2:33 AM, Lajtmen said:

1. Добавьте возможность полёта над планетой на шатле или летающем объекте.

2. Добавьте космические объекты(кометы, астероиды, метеориты)  возможность высадки на астероиды, падение этих объектов на планеты создания после них кратеров и появления на этих местах редких ресурсов или артефактов.

3. Добавьте длительный поиск редкого артефакта, с помощью карты, части которой будут разбросаны по системе.

4. Нейтральных, враждебных npc, для торговли, взятие заданий, добычи информации о редком артефакте.

5. Изменить систему создания, на более сложную и длительную.

6. Возможность восстановления упавших огромных летающих объектов и полёта в другие солнечные системы, в которых по онлайну будут находится другие люди, с вами не знакомые.

7. Создание других типов планет, подобие Венеры, Юпитера(с его огромным количеством спутников), Европы(спутник Юпитера), Сатурна(с его красивыми кольцами), метановые, кислотные типы планет, но доступ на эти планеты  только при открытии скафандра, способного выдержать ту среду обитания(сделать их крайне редкими и сложно доступными).

P.S. Меня куда-то далеко понесло, но по моему мнению, игра была бы интересней если б первоначально мы появлялись не на чужой планете(на которой нет кислорода), а на родной и начинали добывать из найденных элементов свой будущий корабль, наблюдали за объектами в нашей звёздной системе, брали с собой побольше топлива и отправлялись в путь на исследование дальних планет. Полёт бы занимал примерно минут 10-15, но это уже другая игра. Из всего этого сказанного можно сделать вывод, чтобы побудить интерес у большинства людей(интересующихся космосом и путешествиями) требуется создать необычную, новую, и крайне сложно достижимую цель.

Надеюсь на просмотр моих идей авторами проекта.

Edited by Crash

1) Planets with low gravity being necessary to wear heavy shoes

2) light to graves

3) rails for trains

4) diferent spaceships, storage, explore, transport

5) creation of modules for starbase, life outside planets creation,

6) pilot robots, or maintenance, exploration

7) trade, commerce with my friends, some materials

Edited by powa_jenkins

Some ideas I have for Astroneer:

You guys should add some mobs. I understand how hard it is to make mobs for a procedurally generated planet system, and it may end up a lot like No Man's Sky. Although this may be the case, having mobs with different sizes and difficulties can really spice up the game's fun factor and add a more intense atmosphere to it. Adding mobs also comes with the need of something to get rid of them with- so maybe can you guys add some craftable weapons and vehicle attachments? I would also recommend making the crafting system more complex by adding multiple materials needed to craft something. The game is tremendous fun nonetheless, but by trying to add these aspects, ASTRONEER is going to be a very, very good game.

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:49 AM, igor0612 said:

Hey, how about make shuttles NOT single colony use, becouse when you start a colony, you can fly from it, but you can't start new one...

you can, but you have to unlock the "shuttle" crafting for the printer

I would like to get a way to reserche for an upgrate of the "market" so that you´re able to put more than 8 items on it for change.

I also got the idear that there should be a chance to delete completed baseparts like "printer" or "market".

For feature requests and additions to the game i would love to see several things added / tweaked.

1. Removable Structures.

It could probably be listed under a bug that platforms can be very glitchy when placed improperly but the ability to DE-construct a platform needs to be possible. the possibility of locking yourself out of having any options to further your base is very possible and the ability to "scrap" a section or even salvage it for 1/2 the materials maybe. Allowing for accidental placement of platforms to not be a permanent error. Like This

2. Storage Platforms 

When You extend a platform instead of creating a structure you create these little "2 pronged" platforms" These can be sued for several things. I would like to see a "Double Sided 4x4" storage platform that could be placed on these sections to allow for massive storage or a flat 4x4 that could be placed on top. Storage right now is a little annoying and i would like to see something added for essentially "warehousing" so i could create a string of these platforms side by side in one centralized location that i can always go for storage purposes

3. Better Structure freedom

The current system is neat but very limited. The system i would propose would be very  customizable and free form. You would do this by adding the ability to create a platform foundation in your backpack for 1 Compound Which would create The "black circle" foundation under a "2 pronged platform" Leading the Holographic blue part requiring 1 Resin to complete the Platform and then the 2 resin option to create a structure.  The platform would have no power and essentially be dead. You could then Create another one close by and "drag" a connector pipe from one to the other. (similar to the way the Winch works when you click on it and pull the cord out) 

You could then Drop a platform... drop another platform... Convert one platform to a structure and drop a battery or other power source on the first platform and drag the cord and connect them. (with something similar to tether length restrictions.) Then you could do things like research on a distant planet without the need for a habitat.This would eliminate the need for the current "Extending" platform system which feels very restrictive and kind of annoying at times.  

It seems that everything in the game is currently already there. The Winch system similar to the Tether System would be the way you connect  the platforms but you would just be "pulling" the big black cable instead and connecting it to and adjacent platform.  This would also allow you to do things like build an underground base but travel a platform system up a ramp to the surface to have it still benefit from solar power.

When a platform has NO connections to it then it becomes movable like a research pod. This would allow for more precise placement of the platforms and more freedom. Structures would not be movable BUT need to be able to be salvaged (See Salvaging below) Every structure would be able to be unplugged at any time for salvaging And platforms could be unplugged at any time to be moved or salvaged. 

Platforms need to be able to Fall too. When the ground is dug out underneath simply let them fall and we will have to fix the area ourselves. 

4. Salvaging

Salvaging needs to be added. Allowing us to salvage structures both player made or structures found in the open world. This could be as simple as a button for the gun like tilde or it could be a type of attachment for the crane to deconstruct the structures. 

5. Better vehicles / better customization

I would like to see something similar to "Space Engineers" Vehicle creation system. Allow us to create Wheels, Bases, Engines, Wings, Thrusters, Storage, and anything else you can think of and put them together any way we see fit. Space Engineers vehicle creation system is honestly the best. but it is basically the focus of the game and this game doesn't need anything that in depth but some more customization options would be nice. And the vehicle controls need a bit of tweaking. It feels very tiring to drive a vehicle and get it to travel int he direction you want it to go.

6. Free Form Flying

One of the great things that people are looking for now is freedom of exploration. A zero Gravity environment needs to be established in space and the ability to ACTUALLY fly our space ship and possible hovercraft around the planet and into space NEEDS TO BE A THING.  the option to land anywhere on a planet is exciting, But i need to be the one flying it. I need to be able to crash it and run out of gas in space. I need to be able to get out of my vehicle in space and create a floating space station with escape habitats. (pods?)  I really just want to be able to hop into a "sleeker" flying ship and fly around and look for stuff..then drop a Beacon and go get my flying or ground convoy and go loot what i found while flying.This would also remove the current need for shuttles and space ships which are very buggy especially since you cant actually move them. if you create a Shuttle on one bay.. then a space ship on another bay.. and then leave in the spaceship but come back in the other bay then you have just combined both ships in a very awkward fashion. 

7. Longer Oxygen and fuel levels. 

Oxygen needs to be extended about 3 to 5 times its current default duration. This will allow for a more realistic feeling of the oxygen levels. I dont know how all this advanced technology came about but oxygen in this suit has the duration of an average snorkel. It would also allow for a Bare Bones mode where you are dropped with nothing and have to create everything from scratch instead of starting with a habitat. 

8. Better Fuel Condenser

The fuel condenser combined with a trade platform are currently "EASY MODE" you can literally create any amount of materials very quickly. which removes the need for exploration at a certain point and takes away from the game. Extending the fuel consumption rate of vehicles will allow you to produce fuel slower from the condenser and make this a less appealing option.

9. Jetpack

A re searchable ad-don to your backpack that will use energy rapidly to fly upward and / or reduce fall speed. It would be nice to dig down but falling becomes a real concern. The ability to use energy to reduce fall damage would be amazing. And possible to fly up and out of areas. 

Hi, 

I am not too good with the terminology, but when collecting resources from one of the large deposits which gain more resource over time I found it quite strange that you only received 2.99 stacks of a resource rather than a whole 3. Although this isn't too much of a problem as a rather OCD person I always find myself looking for that extra bit of the resource to finish the stack and move on with life or go back to playing with the Zebra balls. 

There is also no icon for Astroneer on the task bar (it just appears as a default .exe file). I am running Windows 7 and using the Steam version of Astroneer.

I think it would be great if you could add a portable research, because I find myself going from one place to another multiple times just to get research. I haven't played much and I know there's vehicules that can carry them, but it would be cool not having to go back every time though. It'd like a platform you could pick up and place wherever you wanted to.

Also, maybe a scan thing that could fly with you, and you could tell it to scan mines for instance. And regarding maps, maybe it could "update" the map by scanning the area. That is if you add a map.

Great game, loving it.

On 18.12.2016. at 11:37 PM, Uncertainlysure said:

Base building is missing key features:

1) Any base building game should have a method to delete structures you have built. Perhaps I have missed this ability but I can't find it in your game.

2) It should be possible to make the terrain level, in a straightforward manner and the buildings shouldn't cause chaos with leveling when placed. Some of us like neat and tidy bases and this is made nearly impossible with the current system. (I am aware that the mining gun allows for terrain leveling but it doesn't do a great job and the base structures ruin any leveling you have done.

3) You should be able to break up your base into multiple parts. If you want to have another base 40 feet from your starting base that should be possible. The current system requires each base to be one big sprawling unit without the ability to break it up. This is more about freedom of design and game-play, it just seems like a strange limitation to prevent players from breaking up their bases. Maybe there is a way to do this in the game but not that I have seen yet.

4) The blue after images are really painful to look at when you have a ship docked...can't we have a way to turn off the blue images?

5) How about foundation blocks so that the ground is really level? It could even be a technology that is developed or something. It would be even better if it could be retroactively added to buildings that have already been placed (on a related note, why can't you move buildings that have been placed?????)

6) How about elevated platforms to build on and stairs to match? That way you make it easier for players to build up.

Use habitent for new base , you can make as much as u want. Bring 1 habitent on spaceship and place it wherever you wanna make new base.

Hello,

Er... there is PLENTY of topics popping everywhere about ideas... It would be very interesting to have a kind of table which summarize everything. I mean a table, without writing capabilities for members except administrators. But what people can do is voting for the most interesting things or suggest new one, but not filling the table by themselves. That would save the chaos which is occurring... Is it possible with that forum ?

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, iwayet said:

You guys should add some mobs. I understand how hard it is to make mobs for a procedurally generated planet system, and it may end up a lot like No Man's Sky. Although this may be the case, having mobs with different sizes and difficulties can really spice up the game's fun factor and add a more intense atmosphere to it. Adding mobs also comes with the need of something to get rid of them with- so maybe can you guys add some craftable weapons and vehicle attachments? I would also recommend making the crafting system more complex by adding multiple materials needed to craft something. The game is tremendous fun nonetheless, but by trying to add these aspects, ASTRONEER is going to be a very, very good game.

Please no Mobs, the game is fun as it is. No need to have to kill mods or have mods kill you, environmental stuff can but that's enough. Beside picture your little space man with an AK47 it just doesn't fit.

Idea!

Please add some weapons or stuff to kill the enemys like the green gas flowers.

It's a very cool game and I love it :)

Having a VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) airplane (or a jet that basically takeoff and land vertically) would be nice. I created a post about this idea in my account... Feel free to check it out! :)  

On 12/17/2016 at 9:54 AM, SwagDaddy said:

-light poles that use energy
-base building by using cranes
-harvesters that use alot of energy
-can fix up found scraps, and use heavy machinery to move them and can connect then to base and expand
-portals that use alot of energy (can teleport players between  planets)
-enemies that come to distroy builds but can be repelled with turrets, traps, ect.
-cabbles that can be pulled over long distances
-tessaracts that can trasport energy over large distance, (like planet to planet distance,works like a portal but with energy)
-jetpacks
-machines that can dig huge holes straight  down that use alot of energy
-elevator machanism to go down the hole or levitators
-machine that removes pebles and rocks from the ground
-liquids, like water, oil wells, lava, poisonous ponds, ect.
-then a way to extract those liquids like a pump and store them in tanks and extract from the tank with liquid cables
-and use the liquids to build new machines and upgrade  for those machines(like jet packs uses gasoline and then you can upgrade  the oil to a new fuel, which can make the jetpack to last longer)
-random bases that can be discovered and searched  for resources, and the base is all trapped

A lot of good ideas here. Nice work swagdaddy.

10 hours ago, Eraycer said:

Please no Mobs, the game is fun as it is. No need to have to kill mods or have mods kill you, environmental stuff can but that's enough. Beside picture your little space man with an AK47 it just doesn't fit.

I'd have to agree with Eraycer on this one. Or at least wait a very long time before implementing hostile mobile enemies. Maybe if the day/night cycle duration is increased you could have huge alien creatures come out at night and implement them into survival in some way without them being over-powered, but I'm sure anything like that is in the very distant future-- if ever. Not to mention the ugly awkwardness A.I. can create in a procedural game.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:50 AM, iwayet said:

DO NOT make this game in an all-out intensity driven shit storm!!>:(

An idea for a low-technical enemy in deep underground caves could be spiders that can't be directly killed but can be shoo-d using your headlamp. Maybe instead of causing direct damage they could drain your power, thus putting you in danger of your headlamp turning off and being killed, or spit web that slows you.

Upgrade-able backpack? If not, maybe just add an attachment that allows for a larger maximum o2 and power capacity. Along with a jet-pack attachment. 

Love the game, take everyone's suggestions lightly!

(couldn't edit my post)

Edited by eckhartpowers