SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wn5UssND2T6URwZc

Message added by Wn5UssND2T6URwZc

Posted (edited)

I think (like others) that there should be water bodies, animals, severe weather hazards and the like. But I also think that there should be almost drone like robots and animals that can be found around the planets. They have a wander feature, but stay at a certain depth, and will stalk the player until they are disabled by awakening the core of the planet or being defeated. I also think that there could be other types of drones and animals(moles/diggers, snakes/stalkers and a larger “boss” like a giant chameleon on the exotic planet, or a polar bear on Glacio and a giant scorpion on Calidor as examples) and some rarer types can only be found on certain planets. But I also think that there could be some lesser “invaders” that will rarely come down and attack the player on sight, to keep the players on their toes. I also think that there should be tame-able animals too. Like a dog that helps find ores, a horse that provides a different form of transport and a cat that alerts the player when there is a drone or other hazard nearby. And for a real challenge, there could even be large ”titans” that will roam the world(starting off on the opposite side of the planet to player and there would be a warning zone when landing on another planet.) The player can defeat them for crazy loot or research points and get a piece to awaken some powerful end game boss that, when beat, unlocks some secret ending or achievement.

#ideas

Edited by RareEmrald9994

In reference to the new automation update, I would like a medium and large resource shuttle to shove the canisters in, due to the fact I can’t currently transport items from one planet to another.

What if we made an oxygen dome, which we could attach to things that have, or are connected to, an oxygenator. You know, from small to large. And in the dome you can breathe.

BALANCED RESOURCE TRANSPORT SYSTEMS

1. A "tether drone" which can carry eight or less items along a tether line. Could potentially carry one of the large research items at a slower speed. This drone could either be unloaded manually by a player at the other end, or use detachable storage trays which are switched at a "drone station" attached to the tether line at each point a player wants to use to send or receive cargo.

2. A player-to-player trade platform which functions similarly to the one which already exists. The selling player could attach a selection of resources to the automated trade shuttle using a built-in "sell" resource canister, as well as perhaps four small sockets to attach gases. These four small sockets will be enclosed in a similar manner to the panels on the shuttles used for player transport once the selling player has confirmed their resource selection. Next, the selling player chooses a price for the enclosed resources. Finally, the selling player attaches a standard fuel source (solid or hydrazine, the same modules used for standard shuttles) and selects a destination for the trade shuttle. Upon arrival, another player can examine the enclosed resource offer and the requested price. This buying player can then insert the price resource into a built-in "buy" resource canister, after which they can confirm the sale, locking the "buy" canister and unlocking the "sell" canister. The shuttle must then return to its origin, but the buying player may set up their own sale offer first if they wish. 

Idea 1:

An "autopilot nav" tier 2 item that can attach to ships and create a route or a round trip between planets. It would need a nanocarbon alloy or some combination of items to create, making it late game. Special platforms could be placed and targetted from the "nav" after placing. These platforms would have a place to store hydrazine and auto arms could extract directly from the ship's hull.

Idea 2:

As many people have mentioned it would also be nice to have a minecart system that would allow you to attach moving carts to rails. It would require a power source from one of the ends of the rail or allow minecarts to be attached and add a power source directly to the minecart powering the system. Allows it to be part of a hard-wired system or be used in remote locations without a direct power source.

Idea 3:

I think would be beneficial would be a modification to the crane. It would accept tier 2 items on its side but as a filter and it would only work like the auto arm if a tier 2 item is attached. The rail system would solve all tier 1 moving but there would be no way to offload research samples, vats of storage containers, freshly printed tier 2 packages, etc. It could always be separate, as in, instead it would be called a medium auto arm. The fact is that it would make storage manipulation much more effective. One more note.. it is already tough enough to be accurate with the auto arms, as an added feature you could allow people to get into the crane/arm and, using the snapping feature built into the game, could choose which tier 2 slot will be used for picking up and placing. If either is left without setting the exact position they will revert to a default area similar to the current auto arm (scaled obviously). This would allow for easy sorting and advanced logic when dealing with storage areas especially the large platforms.

Latest update tweak:

Adding an item on top of any sensor. My idea was that you could use it as a sort of label to say "this one controls the resin automation area" or just to label your lines a bit better "this is the red line (iron), this is the blue line (laterite)".

I would like to say I absolutely love this game and I appreciate all the work ya'll are putting into it.

Sincerely,

An astroneer

Edited by JustFinishedWateringTheYard

Actually i think the game is great but there is this one thing that kills it, every time you enter a vehicle you save which gives a enormous lag spike, cant you do a autosave about every 30 minutes, its super annoying to enter a rover, and forget somnething, so you have to leave it again, you collect the thing, and you enter the vehicle and a big lag spike, its like every 2 minutes please change it

On 9/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, Phat Guss said:

Actually i think the game is great but there is this one thing that kills it, every time you enter a vehicle you save which gives a enormous lag spike, cant you do a autosave about every 30 minutes, its super annoying to enter a rover, and forget somnething, so you have to leave it again, you collect the thing, and you enter the vehicle and a big lag spike, its like every 2 minutes please change it

the lag spike isn't that long, and a once-every-30 minutes autosave would create lagspikes at inconvenient times (ex. suffocating, then bam lag and you die)