SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

I’ve read the disclaimer that the new 1.0.1.0 version of the game will not carry out saves previous to it, but why not add a sandbox or console command to cut the time spent on previous worlds; it was a little heartbreaking that all the work I put in to my previous world is no more. I would like to believe im not the only one.

Keyboard and mouse support for xbox

its hard playing with a controller because the sensitivity is slow and if you added keyboard and mouse support it would be so much easier

Creating a feature which will allow for a base to be made in space, like a space station. Could be used to implement in game things such as: GPS, satellite imaging, refueling station, ect. I don't really know how someone could get it up into space? (Possibly a shuttle) Not totally sure though! Thanks for your time. 

Gespa, Mr.Owl and myself, all though that an in-game add-on for base layouts with lists of resources. The layout shows how you should position platforms and plug cables for the best results.

If anyone as any other import make a reply with the idea.

Making it harder to get to space.

It is very easy to get to space and I think that could be improved to make gameplay time longer. This would be possible by having to make certain suit attachments for the different climate and radiation exposure. With this there should also be a new material, lead which would be used for the different radiation levels. Also, you should have to make a satellite revolve around the planet to allow you to fly there and the climate and radiation with sensors. To use the satellite, you will also need data senders and receivers (this will be slowed if you dont have sufficient power). With a satellite revolving around you can fly to it to refill its energy or change its energy collecting between solar or a 2nd level rtg (has a short lifespan)?? I am suggesting this because I think that it is too easy to get to space and get a trade platofrm and the game is too easy from there. Mabye even make rarer materials harder to trade??

I do not have any sketches or doodles as I am not very artistic. I also do not know how to tag with idea.

Add some mobs. Some are passive, some are aggressive. There are weapons, and the mobs give special materials. You can befriend them and also start wars with them. More mobs in multiplayer than in solo. Please read this... I'm sorry if I'm just repeating someone...

Why don't you just build to space?

On 2/14/2019 at 2:34 AM, Lil intestine said:

Creating a feature which will allow for a base to be made in space, like a space station. Could be used to implement in game things such as: GPS, satellite imaging, refueling station, ect. I don't really know how someone could get it up into space? (Possibly a shuttle) Not totally sure though! Thanks for your time. 

i did it.

Add an option to teleport to your base once every 24 hours. I powered up one of the purple monoliths while standing on the platform that raises up once powered. When it raised i got stuck inside of it, and my rover was close enough that i still had oxygen, and i couldn't disconnect the power because the camera was completely zoomed in.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, SES_Adam said:

Good Suggestion For More Buys

I honestly in preference and suggest for other opions as well, would like a sort of creative mode with infinite resource and all research unlocked. Also i would not mind if it is like, complete the game and then you get it. But i would prefer very much to just have it as a option. Games with variation are very good Example: Space Engineers, Kerbal Space Program, Subnautica.. You get it.

So a couple of post 1.0 ideas.

1) ON the big purples some indicator of the node you are at and the one you came from (if you used it)

2) pull out connectors should have some kinda length indicator, perhaps like a long red triangle that gets wider (or narrower) as you pull it out to give a visual on how much is left., or perhaps a similar idea with yellow cross lines smaller at the start getting wider at it pulls out further. Or perhaps a more expensive option when an pull out is activated an arc appears on the HUD showing it max pull length.

3) the backpack printer is tedious. perhaps some kinda of fly out 'flower petal' hierarchy thing.

Hello, constantly your cars fail under the ground, in whole or in part. I noticed that only the wheels interact with the ground, we also penetrate the ground from the inside, I propose to focus the wheels not on one polygon (sphere) on the whole wheel, but on several small (spheres) along the edges, with a small distance between them, for example, one ball turned out to be underground, and the rest did not, when the movement began, he emerged from under the soil.

Animals...

Wonderful plants already, but they're not mobile. Some animals would add to the fun. Not necessarily aggressive, but curious/shy/strange maybe. Interesting in unexpected ways. Points for spotting them? Perhaps farm them for produce.

An AI Storage unit. One you have to power, but it follows you around, small on tracks-- and when you open it, it is a storage hauler. Maybe even the same amount of one node slots as in your bag. 8 slots. I have included a rough idea. It could have a "Stay/ Follow" activation toggle. Maybe offer a temp power source connection on the back. For limited power on the go.

Go-Buddy Idea.jpeg

I would love a wind array

Btw we have a solar array, wich is extremely useful on planets like calidor. But what if we turn 180 degrees and look to glacio, on a planet like glacio we need electricity production based on wind, and having tons of medium wind turbines is not just anti aesthetic, it's an enormous waste of material AND SPACE. Thanks for your attention

Using the EXO space station on the main menu as a player hub.

(it’s true tho, really hard to tag this post, left a hashtag at the bottom to see if that works)

Now that I’ve taken some time to see where the game has come from (OGs sound like they had it easy before the Bytes update) I really wanna see where they go with it. So after floating around space and wondering where the original space station was it dawned on me that we could use the space station as a sort of player hub.

I’ve thought about some extending ideas from it too, incentives for use included alongside the ideas.

>Customizable colors on two tone shuttles (much like our suits, except customized on the ground rather than in the menus). Allows for unique designs and increased player interest.

>Space station capable of holding players in a hub designed like a space station, with hallways leading from a semi open area (maybe a window on each side to show off players ships who are here, and the space around us) the size of the shuttles may clutter so the dock I know would be tricky to make sizable but not comedic (imagining a parking lot on the station, don’t want that) this will gather players for different things, more info below

>once players are there, the EXOHUB could have a trading platform, some machines for public use (not too many  for sake of FPS), soccer seems to be the game we all design first with the rec spheres so maybe a windowed room for us to play in under the stars(with a round arena maybe? Stands for spectators too), the arena can change game types every month or so, 

>info center just in case the writers of the game want more depth to their EXO Dynamics history (creators of the game could use their own name as well as notable Astronauts for the crediting of the first trips into space) 

>Player trading could then be introduced in a streamlined way, a stand showing what someone has to offer and others can just walk up to it and offer what they have (or runescape based chat trading, but beware of copy paste bots swarming with chat advertisements) this will be incentive for players to interact and promote them to gather resources to sell

>one of my favorites, a galaxy map showing other solar systems that could be visited, thus giving a space the creators need to extend the game, while also feeling natural along the pursuit of exploration (I.e a road map for continued progression)

>Other ideas that come to mind is a server search(I know there a menu for it so that’s a maybe, was thinking of a more detailed search than the menu version), stats computer (with a visual display of the planets and the info about them pertaining to you or other players, achievements can be tracked this way), multiplayer/matchmaking to premade maps for game types (rover races come to mind) based on different planets, dance hall, greenhouse with all plants, resources, and info on them (extends info from the recent seed update), NPCs, pets, flairs, the list goes on! All of these are meant to increase player interaction which will thus have more people on the pursuit of exploration together

So, knowing the network issues and players behaviors I fully realize how hard it could be to implement all of these things, but maybe this will be the boost needed to really give players more choice in things they want. I personally like soloing on planets and being a little scientist with discovering ways of working material, but I know some players really like the community vibes that come from games like this. So much so that they’d be willing to purchase fancy ships or suits(totally understood if you want to steer clear of the micro transitions gimmick), making maps would take on a life of its own, and trading could help get some players motivated to continue gathering resources and exploring with others

Whatcha think? Sorry for the walls of text!

#idea

Edited by Nicholas Gogle

I like the idea of using the EXO launch station for a hub with maps and stuff but I just don't think that servers are going to get that popular for the rec area and there are not that many items to be traded for the trading stations. With limited recources there is going to be difficulties crafting along with the lag. I think that a lot more performance updates are going to be needed for a playable public server. I too as well like to be solo as it makes things more difficult and adds more game time. Also, to add more gametime, I think that there should be an area on the "EXOHUB" where you put machines that get Planet Points which is a reasearch point but for planets. Mabye even a exo suit testing area where you can create new exo parts that allow you to live on other planets with no real cosmetic changes other than like a wristband color so that you can earn the different skins. I like all the other ideas as well other than the micro transactions which I think ruin the appeal of spending time in game getting the skin.

5 hours ago, Adammild1 said:

I like the idea of using the EXO launch station for a hub with maps and stuff but I just don't think that servers are going to get that popular for the rec area and there are not that many items to be traded for the trading stations. With limited recources there is going to be difficulties crafting along with the lag. I think that a lot more performance updates are going to be needed for a playable public server. I too as well like to be solo as it makes things more difficult and adds more game time. Also, to add more gametime, I think that there should be an area on the "EXOHUB" where you put machines that get Planet Points which is a reasearch point but for planets. Mabye even a exo suit testing area where you can create new exo parts that allow you to live on other planets with no real cosmetic changes other than like a wristband color so that you can earn the different skins. I like all the other ideas as well other than the micro transactions which I think ruin the appeal of spending time in game getting the skin.

Awesome stuff, yea as soon as I suggested the micro transitions I kicked myself. It was an incentive piece for the developers. I’m not sure how they want their game to progress in popularity. Trading is more of a situational thing “aw, I stopped here just to check up on my research points(your idea!) and I just realized imma need more titanium on my way back to wherever” so by doing that it increases player interaction. And to prevent giveaways we can have a system of units pertaining to the material, you can’t trade a marble for a single piece of organic matter. The rec area is pretty in my mind, but oh yea, definitely something that would look bittersweet if left empty and joked on by visitors. As for the EXO suit testing I’m not sure what you mean. You mean the player suits or something else? Cause if there are EXO suits (thinking mecha armour)I haven’t got to that part yet haha

Edited by Nicholas Gogle