SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

Just a random list of ideas for the future...

Make it so that we can drive through the stone pillars in caves. They get annoying.

Make wind turbines work from the wind created while driving. That would be amazing.

Health bar

Make battery is rechargeable, and stop them from disappearing when they run out of power.

Buggys have a bit more speed? :D

Something like large platform D, but flat. For solar farms.

Add a use for marbles... Extreme research items? 

Slow down the day and night cycle... Personally, it is a bit fast...

Find some way to reduce lag... My laptop struggles, so I can only really play on my pc at home... :/

fix the game boot screen, it just displays a black screen until you click (after it has loaded) Couldn't it load up to some sort of menus? 

MULTIPLAYER, it took me forever to figure that one out. Maybe a multiplayer tab in the hints thingie? (press "f1" in game if you don't know what I mean.) 

Make land modification more player friendly. Idk how, but it really does get hard and annoying to try and make flat land for a bases etc.

Make fall damage less deadly... It gets me every time. EVERY TIME. lol

**This is all just ideas, interpret them as you will.  Amazing game, keep it up.**

Posted (edited)

During a storm, Debris is able to smash some equipment in your base, How you repair them is either finding an old base with other broken machines and by taking the needed pieces and attaching them to your equipment, you are able to repair it or If you want a quicker and less cool way, you could just make another machine using the printers!!

Let me know what you thought of my suggestion and if you plan on adding it to the game, I love this game, It is more interesting and beautiful than No Mans Sky which has a lot of negative reviews, I hope to see the full game soon!!

-NuclearWarGames

also on my game, the chunks are broken and slit into orange slices

Edited by Wyvyrias
Removed unnecessary links - Link to specific videos if you wish to share feedback

idea     So i was thinking of an item magnet (a module like the Drill for the Crane) so you can pick up more than one item, probe or scrap so you dont have to pick up deposit pick up deposit and if you want to deposit multiple items in one storage you maybe can somehow "show" how the items etc. will be deposit.        if there is anything wrong with this idea tell me.        

and i cant attach any files ofr whatever because i cant make any videos doodles gifs or whatever u asked for with the file.                              hope you understand everything and i am really excited for 1.0  keep up the great work. 

3 game ideas 

I think a portable smelter for your rover would be a great improvement, it smells 1 ore at a time and uses a vehicle port to power it, maybe a mini rocket that transports your items back to base at the price of 1 carbon or something like that and maybe an auxiliary port connected to the rover seat so you can turn on generators easier for power of the medium/large rovers

Edited by alex mckeown

On 8/20/2018 at 1:21 AM, Tech_Wizzz said:

Just a random list of ideas for the future...

Make it so that we can drive through the stone pillars in caves. They get annoying.

Make wind turbines work from the wind created while driving. That would be amazing.

Health bar

Make battery is rechargeable, and stop them from disappearing when they run out of power.

Buggys have a bit more speed? :D

Something like large platform D, but flat. For solar farms.

Add a use for marbles... Extreme research items? 

Slow down the day and night cycle... Personally, it is a bit fast...

Find some way to reduce lag... My laptop struggles, so I can only really play on my pc at home... :/

fix the game boot screen, it just displays a black screen until you click (after it has loaded) Couldn't it load up to some sort of menus? 

MULTIPLAYER, it took me forever to figure that one out. Maybe a multiplayer tab in the hints thingie? (press "f1" in game if you don't know what I mean.) 

Make land modification more player friendly. Idk how, but it really does get hard and annoying to try and make flat land for a bases etc.

Make fall damage less deadly... It gets me every time. EVERY TIME. lol

**This is all just ideas, interpret them as you will.  Amazing game, keep it up.**

For the top one, making wind turbines work while driving...

that violates the laws of physics,btw. Also, that would be a bit game brakeing as you could just stick four wind turbines and a seat on your large rover and drive infinitely.

I think a neat item would be an "Ore-Searcher" that you could use as a radar that would point and blink in the direction of an ore chose by the user and could only fit on a vehicle.

Edited by RareEmrald9994

How would it break the laws of physics? When you drive and put your head out of the window, your hair is blown around. So why couldn’t a wind turbine spin? And for driving infinitely, is that a problem? 

For the  beacons there should be a compass that, when placed on the character, will show all placed beacons, and possibly a train system for fast and easy transport.

Edited by RareEmrald9994

Is there a possibility of dismantling the platform and buildings in the future?

Remove the appearance of the storm in the cave

Add droid to it was inventory and carried things to the base

The possibility of dismantling the platforms, buildings and small shuttles and maybe a small car

The opportunity to remove the bushes and stones

Possibility to remove the structure from the platform

Storm kills your character through obstacles

idea: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067508430/

REPAIRING POST COLONIES FOUND ON THE PLANETS.

I generally want to explore the planets but once I set up the base with everything I don't really I find myself going anywhere. So please allow the astroneer to repair the damaged colony and get advanced research for stuff like shuttle launchpad or automatic rovers.

i have purchased this game, and i have traveled to barren many times looking for tungsten as a naturally spawning resource, but so far i have only found tungsten ore as loot from A wreckage I discovered.  I think that tungsten ore should spawn more than it does right now, as I find it to be very frustrating. another thing that i find bothersome is extenders do not re-stack. if you could make tungsten ore easier to find and make it more common I would really appreciate that. Thank you for the support.

COMPASS

Basic analog compass based on polar magnetism of planets. Different planets have different angle of poles. You can also include magnetic field where compasses don't work.

BOTS

To help carry stuff around with you and take back to selected base when ordered to. ( can be arial drone or 'wall-E' type)

TRAILER (vehicle-type)

To just drop resources in it without worrying the storm might wind it away or it seeping into the ground till core and later attach that to a rover and go back to base.

TERRAIN TOOL ANGLER

To set terrain at a particular angle (like 48` or 90`) with respect to another set terrain point.

HOOK

To through a hook and pull up the astroneer from caves or climb the mountain.

-use crane as a lift (maybe a new crane, only big platform mounted)… with remote control for single players… to move material, engines and maybe even rovers for deep cave mining

- npc-stations/-settlements that need help (material, machines, build something etc), get special items/ blueprints as reward
you can use this for a quest-/story-system (maybe some interesting alien-stuff too ^^ ), get new spaceships (maybe up to an orbit-bound motherships with one or two bays for smaller spaceships) and spacedrives to reach new solarsystems…with new tasks and materials…
option in the main-menu to switch out the quest-/story-stuff for those, who don’t like it

-the merchant-rocket (and collecting scraps) only gives the normal stuff… right in the moment it’s only useful, if you’re too lazy to fly to the planet with the needed stuff or stuck ‘cause the lack of material… maybe add some exclusive material/blueprints to the merchant-system

- map of the actual planet with positions of vehicles, bases and markers (player too?), the markers “hide” sometimes behind the horizon, making navigation a problem

- define landing zone for spaceship through marker (additional possibilities when toggling trough the colours) (give the marker-landing-spot a different colored than the normal spots)

-  editable name for markers
- wall-elements for buildings… I died many deaths while building up walls on the desert-planet ? … or maybe a building-drone, that does the work for me ^^

- give the rover some breaks, he rolls sometimes away while I’m drilling ore

I think they should put it as a kind of container, like a truck to be able to transport the scrap easier from one place to another, like a type of carriage.

in my opinion here are 2 ways to improve astroneer:

1. some kind of mass storage for soil and hydrazine and other-canister-materials, like a kind of tank similar to the fuel tank of rockets but it is attachable to platforms. it should be able to store 15-25 canisters worth of one material and take like, 3-6 resin and a bit of compound to make, and be accessible early-on and take like, 2 slots to 5 slots as different sizes.

2. an option for hold-or press. it's kinda annoying to hold down the Q and E keys to interact with things. just sayin.

2 more ideas of mine:

1. ladders, stick them in the ground and activate them and a ladder will extend from like a box similar to that from ksp and then de-activate it so make it retract and once again portable.

2. suit upgrades, you make/find them and they permanently attach to your backpack/suit. examples: health scanner and medical supplies, compass, heater, extra battery, extra oxygen, extra space ect. but they would obviously be rare and expensive.

Suggestions for future updates focussing on local co-op gameplay:

Can you add local co-op split-screen to the Xbox so that me and my sister can play without getting a new Xbox?

If that can't work, can you try add ASTRONEER to MacBook.

when a machine doesn`t have any space to move a component it should not delete it, it should just rip it off of it like just pop it off so people won`t miss valuable materials

Edited by Wyvyrias
Fixed formatting