SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

*idea*

*temperatures*

A simple model of the suit heater (when the temperature is entered).
Our heater will consume energy and protect us from hypothermia. 
A red / green LED indicates the active load on the heater. 
The plate in the interface indicates the current temperature and% of the heater load.

2222.jpg

On 12/16/2016 at 3:59 PM, Topher said:

I think It would be cool to be able to build n actuall base where you can go inside and it would have oxygen without tethors and thats where you can sleep the night out or store stuff.

That would be cool, but would that just be the regular base you start with

The "being able to be inside the base" is what I consider we should be working towards, plus being able to (having to) sleep the night away would be a big plus.

Heck, one simple change that could be made would be to make it so that if you walk in the door of the habitat, it puts you in and saves the game.

Just my opinion, of course.

sorry for broken English, an astronier in my soon all bores, developers, turn your eyes to the game COLOBOT, in this game you can create programmable bots, there you have to fight for survival by writing various programs, if something like this will be implemented in ASTRONIER, I think your the child from this will only benefit, with respect from Russia, the project is super, but there is a huge bunch of ideas for it ?

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, SwagDaddy said:

-light poles that use energy
-base building by using cranes
-harvesters that use alot of energy
-can fix up found scraps, and use heavy machinery to move them and can connect then to base and expand
-portals that use alot of energy (can teleport players between  planets)
-enemies that come to distroy builds but can be repelled with turrets, traps, ect.
-cabbles that can be pulled over long distances
-tessaracts that can trasport energy over large distance, (like planet to planet distance,works like a portal but with energy)
-jetpacks
-machines that can dig huge holes straight  down that use alot of energy
-elevator machanism to go down the hole or levitators
-machine that removes pebles and rocks from the ground
-liquids, like water, oil wells, lava, poisonous ponds, ect.
-then a way to extract those liquids like a pump and store them in tanks and extract from the tank with liquid cables
-and use the liquids to build new machines and upgrade  for those machines(like jet packs uses gasoline and then you can upgrade  the oil to a new fuel, which can make the jetpack to last longer)
-random bases that can be discovered and searched  for resources, and the base is all trapped

well i like the way this guy thinks hes going to extreme detail to explain what he wants

Yea I think cross platform/multiplayer/sever is a big priority because the game is super sad when you just play alone.  I also think that the maps is another big one.

i wish for some kind of heavy artillery for blowing up astroids if u do put space rocks in game the astroid gun would be fun pass time building exploring and other stuff.      https://binged.it/2tuEWq3.  

On 12/19/2016 at 9:02 AM, SilentWave said:

Dear devs I would like for you to improve building a tiny bit see when I first started my save well I built six building around my pod I did not think thus meant I could never build on that planet again please make the ports where you insert power build able while I don't exactly think I Need 6 slots because I can just only build essential things like smelter and research and vechile bay it would be nice to be able to build more (also get rid of the fuel condenser trading exploit where you condense fuel then trade with it because you never have to go out for resouces only research) thank you for your time -A new hopeful player.                       if u did make fuel a tradable resource it would make exploration pointless and therefore make the game no fun

I am sorry I did not tag this post with "Idea" I did not know how because I only made an account for this idea

I have two ideas to improve the trading platform

first I think you should remove the feature that everything you trade with is reduced by half it’s value if you are confused by what I mean here’s an example if you put in 2 compound then you would only get 1 resin also if you do this you should remove the ability to trade for aluminum and copper so you aren’t able to duplicate.

Now for my second idea in order to trade you have to fuel the trade platform with 1 canister of hydrazine.

9 hours ago, brandon Nutter-Rohr said:

aluminum and copper so you aren’t able to duplicate

Confused, why pick on just those 2?

9 hours ago, brandon Nutter-Rohr said:

in order to trade you have to fuel the trade platform

I had this thought yesterday when I realized I had been launching without the trade platform even plugged into power, it is just free to use (outside the trade value loss)

I picked those two because you can trade for laterite and malachite as well as aluminum and copper so if the value of items were no longer halved on the trading platform then you would be able to duplicate because aluminum/copper is worth twice as much as laterite/malachite

Something like that can’t be done with anything else on the trading platform and since we could only have either aluminum/copper or laterite/malachite I decided that I would choose the latter because of various reasons:

1. Because it fits better with everything else you can trade for because everything you trade for except aluminum and copper are natural things you can mine.

2. Because it’s doubtful that many people would want to use twice as much stuff to get the same thing when all would’ve had to do is use a little power. 

3. In case you need a sample of either laterite or malachite for the extractor ( I couldn’t remember the extractors name so correct me if I got it wrong and if you don’t know what I’m talking about then.....)

On 6/15/2018 at 4:59 AM, callcraftmod said:

the game is super sad when you just play alone.  

But I only ever play alone °   <o      /

|

°            \ 

that was my attempt at a crying emoji 

16 hours ago, bigessess said:

Confused, why pick on just those 2?

I picked those two because you can trade for laterite and malachite as well as aluminum and copper so if the value of items were no longer halved on the trading platform then you would be able to duplicate because aluminum/copper is worth twice as much as laterite/malachite

Something like that can’t be done with anything else on the trading platform and since we could only have either aluminum/copper or laterite/malachite I decided that I would choose the latter because of various reasons:

1. Because it fits better with everything else you can trade for because everything you trade for except aluminum and copper are natural things you can mine.

2. Because it’s doubtful that many people would want to use twice as much stuff to get the same thing when all would’ve had to do is use a little power. 

3. In case you need a sample of either laterite or malachite for the extractor ( I couldn’t remember the extractors name so correct me if I got it wrong and if you don’t know what I’m talking about then.....)

•  

On 12/18/2016 at 7:38 AM, Ponca said:

I don't know if this has already been discussed or talked about already, but any chance of a customization option for the astronaut suits? even if just a meager color selection option? 

I think they are already working on it if you watch the trailer that they showed at e3 and pay attention to the suits you will realize that there seems to be a huge variety of astronaut suits

What if on start instead of dropping you off and turning into an exo hab, the shuttle took off again requiring you to use a firework (the only item in your 2 slot pack) to signal for a drop. Then the platform drops a Large A/B-Platform with a large storage attached, on the storage is a habitat, an extra large platform, your 8-slot backpack with oxygen, and the deformer. This allows you to start your base somewhere other than your drop point by unpacking the hab and ex-lrg platform to create your exo-habitat. Until that's done you have no power to create anything, just oxygen from the platform. It gives you a little bit of storage to start with, so that you don't overfill your pack and everything drops to the ground, and suggests that (future option?) your storage and deformed are swappable for upgrading /different features. 

Can you fix the camera controls? I keep dying in dark caves. For example, my character is facing North, but my camera is faced to the South. I try to go to MY left, but the character instead goes to my right, since it is still facing North. I die in dark caves because when I'm trying to climb back up, I can't see anything due to the flashlight dwindling when I'm facing a wall. The only way I orient myself is through a mental compass. Can you fix this? Thanks in advance.

I think it would be great to have some form of power lines in the game. This would allow players like myself to make solar arrays or bases over a large distance, then connect them. I think they should also be fairly tall, so they don't interfere with buildings and vehicles.

E.g. a player could build a solar array far away, then connect it to their base through the power lines. They could also have some form of a battery depot a fair distance away from their base, eventually allowing for a much cleaner base design.

#idea

Make it so the medium fabricator or medium printer can produce other medium fabricators to take over to other bases. I want my other bases, especially the ones on other planets to be independent of each other. 

Make it so that bases and other essentials get even more power from wind turbines when a storm is passing through, then the storms will really have some purpose

2 hours ago, Slugbug0 said:

Make it so that bases and other essentials get even more power from wind turbines when a storm is passing through, then the storms will really have some purpose

The devs have commented on this before in an SES Vlog. I remember them saying that the storm is very buggy and can be defined to just a visual effect, this will probably be fixed and there will be wind produced during a storm in the future.

5 hours ago, Glenn Crider said:

Make it so the medium fabricator or medium printer can produce other medium fabricators to take over to other bases. I want my other bases, especially the ones on other planets to be independent of each other. 

Perhaps you've missed the small fabricator, built in the backpack?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, wondible said:

Perhaps you've missed the small fabricator, built in the backpack?

Actually I have never tried to use it. Does it make everything the medium fabricator does?

32 minutes ago, Glenn Crider said:

Actually I have never tried to use it. Does it make everything the medium fabricator does?

No it's used to make medium platforms and fabricator and I believe the small shredder

Overall Suggestions (Xbox one)

-When your character is carrying research (bigger shapes) allow (on Xbox one) to hold the LT button to change camera direction

-Allow the bigger research to be put on the medium sized storage (but it takes up an entire side)

-Allow the batteries to power the large rover

-Allow to exo-habitat to be extended via tunnels, domes, etc. 

-Make the soil in canisters the same colour as the ground they came from

-Allow minerals (lithium, titanium, copper ore, and aluminum ore) to be easier to extract depending on the colour of soil*

*Light green= 25% increase of copper/aluminum 15% titanium 10% lithium (feel free to change the calculations as you seem fit)

*Red/orange/dark blue=0% increase copper/aluminum 0% titanium,I’m sure you get the point

-Optimize the multiplayer experience (dropped frames, lag spikes getting into open sided seats)

-The ability to deconstruct to get resources back for mis-builds

-Circle sensitivity (when holding LT on Xbox one)

-Radiatated crashes/underground areas

-Hazmat suit upgrade (something you can craft to add to your backpack for radiated areas)

-Different music tracks for loading screen and gameplay

I want to apologize for the length of the suggestions, I love the game and I’m having A LOT of fun playing it with friends and by myself. 

Hey, i have an idea for searching the caves on the planet more easily, i think using an item like a ramp or stair would be so cool for climing down :D
Also for navigation and driving i think if you add something like roads or some vehicle you could make roads with so you won't hit the rocks and trees and fall into the holes on the planet ?

When they do finally make it so that the storms can provide power to your base if you have wind turbines attached, they should also make it so that if you have a wind turbine attached to your vehicle, it can be producing power as well while the vehicle is moving as a way to make the vehicle kinda consume less power.