SES_Adam

Have an idea? Is our game missing a feature? Read this first.

Wyvyrias

Message added by Wyvyrias

goodideas.jpg

Hello!

If you're playing Astroneer and have a suggestion for us, we'd love to hear it! The best way to share that is right here in this sub-forum. You can create the thread however you'd like, but I would suggest:

1. Making your title straight to the point. E.g. "Three ideas for improving weather gameplay."
  2. We'd love to hear not only your idea, but why you feel its an improvement or the right step for us to take. Basically try and let us in to your thought process behind the idea.
  3. Include whatever images, mock-ups, doodles, videos, and anything else that would help us understand your idea.
  4. Tag your post with "idea".

I think It would be cool to be able to build n actuall base where you can go inside and it would have oxygen without tethors and thats where you can sleep the night out or store stuff.

2 minutes ago, Topher said:

I think It would be cool to be able to build n actuall base where you can go inside and it would have oxygen without tethors and thats where you can sleep the night out or store stuff.

"You can create the thread however you'd like, but I would suggest:

1. Making your title straight to the point. E.g. "Three ideas for improving weather gameplay."

Сделайте, чтобы на планете и в космосе можно встретить другие колоний людей и пришельцев, чтобы торговаться, брать квесты, воевать, а то мы одни на всей планете.

Hey, how about make shuttles NOT single colony use, becouse when you start a colony, you can fly from it, but you can't start new one...

This idea for improving navigation. I'd like to see the icons of base and vehicle on compass, because i spent 1 hour for searching my base. And also you can increase battery and car accumulator charge

P.S. Game is amazing

xbox one HEAVY FRAME RATE DROP after expanding base and exploring .  its a survival game in space however... I NEED TO EAT AND DRINK ???? FOOD ??? and maybe some little green men or ufos ? 

Guys, this isn't the place to actually post your ideas, you can start a new topic from the sub-forum page. In fact sub-forum 'stickies' (pinned topics) like this that generally explain the purpose of the sub-forum are usually locked and just contain the first post indicating those guidelines ;) 

Thanks

First of all i would like thank you guys for creating such a good game....i tried it on my uncle's computer....it was WONDERFUL....:x...but it doesn't work on my computer...cuz i have 32 bit...so plz plz plz create a 32 bit version...plz  guys...i beg of you:/:(:(

-light poles that use energy
-base building by using cranes
-harvesters that use alot of energy
-can fix up found scraps, and use heavy machinery to move them and can connect then to base and expand
-portals that use alot of energy (can teleport players between  planets)
-enemies that come to distroy builds but can be repelled with turrets, traps, ect.
-cabbles that can be pulled over long distances
-tessaracts that can trasport energy over large distance, (like planet to planet distance,works like a portal but with energy)
-jetpacks
-machines that can dig huge holes straight  down that use alot of energy
-elevator machanism to go down the hole or levitators
-machine that removes pebles and rocks from the ground
-liquids, like water, oil wells, lava, poisonous ponds, ect.
-then a way to extract those liquids like a pump and store them in tanks and extract from the tank with liquid cables
-and use the liquids to build new machines and upgrade  for those machines(like jet packs uses gasoline and then you can upgrade  the oil to a new fuel, which can make the jetpack to last longer)
-random bases that can be discovered and searched  for resources, and the base is all trapped

I don't know if this has already been discussed or talked about already, but any chance of a customization option for the astronaut suits? even if just a meager color selection option? 

Edited by Ponca

I have an idea! Make it a survival game! Add a health bar, hunger bar and thirst bar! Add more aliens to kill and gather meat and water from them (or water from different plants such as cactuses).

Add weapons which you can kill aliens with. Make it more challenging!

I would personally love to see these features in the game! You can also make a multiplayer PvP mode on a big planet like servers and people can raid each other and gather resources.

Hope you will take this into consideration!

Edited by AlladiN

Gamertag RobinOLoxley Here,

Improvements for Xbox one:

1: Currently I cannot delete games i have created

2: Currently, if you use a shuttle to build off of once, you can no longer build off it again. I feel in order to encourage exploration and base building you should be able to build unlimited times off a single shuttle. Otherwise i am creating multiple shuttles for every world i would like to visit and build on. 

I understand that this game has been on Xbox one for a very short time, and i understand that updates our coming. As i continue to play i will try to keep posting on items that could use improvement or idea i may have. As always, I love the game, keep up the good work!

- Nick

7 minutes ago, RobinOLoxley said:

Gamertag RobinOLoxley Here,

Improvements for Xbox one:

1: Currently I cannot delete games i have created

2: Currently, if you use a shuttle to build off of once, you can no longer build off it again. I feel in order to encourage exploration and base building you should be able to build unlimited times off a single shuttle. Otherwise i am creating multiple shuttles for every world i would like to visit and build on. 

I understand that this game has been on Xbox one for a very short time, and i understand that updates our coming. As i continue to play i will try to keep posting on items that could use improvement or idea i may have. As always, I love the game, keep up the good work!

- Nick

1 More thing,

It would be a great feature if i could demolish/delete buildings i have created so that i could remodel my base if i so choose. 

Just a thought.

Thank you!

-Nick

Base building is missing key features:

1) Any base building game should have a method to delete structures you have built. Perhaps I have missed this ability but I can't find it in your game.

2) It should be possible to make the terrain level, in a straightforward manner and the buildings shouldn't cause chaos with leveling when placed. Some of us like neat and tidy bases and this is made nearly impossible with the current system. (I am aware that the mining gun allows for terrain leveling but it doesn't do a great job and the base structures ruin any leveling you have done.

3) You should be able to break up your base into multiple parts. If you want to have another base 40 feet from your starting base that should be possible. The current system requires each base to be one big sprawling unit without the ability to break it up. This is more about freedom of design and game-play, it just seems like a strange limitation to prevent players from breaking up their bases. Maybe there is a way to do this in the game but not that I have seen yet.

4) The blue after images are really painful to look at when you have a ship docked...can't we have a way to turn off the blue images?

5) How about foundation blocks so that the ground is really level? It could even be a technology that is developed or something. It would be even better if it could be retroactively added to buildings that have already been placed (on a related note, why can't you move buildings that have been placed?????)

6) How about elevated platforms to build on and stairs to match? That way you make it easier for players to build up.

14 hours ago, AlladiN said:

I have an idea! Make it a survival game! Add a health bar, hunger bar and thirst bar! Add more aliens to kill and gather meat and water from them (or water from different plants such as cactuses).

Add weapons which you can kill aliens with. Make it more challenging!

I would personally love to see these features in the game! You can also make a multiplayer PvP mode on a big planet like servers and people can raid each other and gather resources.

Hope you will take this into consideration!

Its a laidback game, weapons are most probably a no..and let's keep it that way this game doesn't need pvp.

Dear devs I would like for you to improve building a tiny bit see when I first started my save well I built six building around my pod I did not think thus meant I could never build on that planet again please make the ports where you insert power build able while I don't exactly think I Need 6 slots because I can just only build essential things like smelter and research and vechile bay it would be nice to be able to build more (also get rid of the fuel condenser trading exploit where you condense fuel then trade with it because you never have to go out for resouces only research) thank you for your time -A new hopeful player

I am sorry I did not tag this post with "Idea" I did not know how because I only made an account for this idea

Edited by SilentWave

6 hours ago, davidbob12 said:

i think it should have either a map type thing or someway to help you find your way back to base when you leave and go along way from it 

Use beacons or look for your life pod a beacon like thing with a triangle on it should pop up home in on that

Also if your going to apply these changes please Don't be like subnatica and make us reset or save files to apply the changes PLEASE I worked so hard on mine 

Edited by SilentWave
How do I tag?!? I'm trying to