Since Astroneer is not SE's responsabilities for it's Xbox One version, you have to contact Microsoft directly if you would wish for a refund and support.    1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us  .

2nd patch did not fixed anything on xbox, it actually removed the option to clear cache (which was one of the only workarounds), and worsen the stability of the software even more... Just age the game an hour to notice (Just land, don't exit capsule, let game age an hour - 1 Hour, don't use any tethers) game irrevocably drops to 10 fps and cannot be salvaged. (which raise another question: Why has the bug report page of the forum been deleted? )

I'm i don't know what to say, were you not aware of the condition of the software before you purchased it? Because I was just by reading the download page. 

17 hours ago, ajr_lachapelle said:

(which raise another question: Why has the bug report page of the forum been deleted? )

You mean this page: https://forum.systemera.net/forum/2-astroneer-bugs-crashes/ ?

Please keep in mind that even patches which are supposed to make things better may break things. Though most reports I read on the forums were rather positive about the new patch.
Well, software can be weird at times (or so it seems).

Oh god u mean the xbox one version of the game is always gonna have crappie fps?!?! IT is just buggy right? And those can be fixed, And its not the fact that the xbox doesn't have the secs 2 handle it? Because if it is just bugs then i can wait 4 an update 2 fix those bugs, But if xbox cant handle the game then crap, i don't have a good computer 4 that! :*( or maybe im just jumping 2 conclusions, Besides i don't know much about secs and stuff.

3 hours ago, Ken Sanderson said:

Oh god u mean the xbox one version of the game is always gonna have crappie fps?!?! IT is just buggy right? And those can be fixed, And its not the fact that the xbox doesn't have the secs 2 handle it? Because if it is just bugs then i can wait 4 an update 2 fix those bugs, But if xbox cant handle the game then crap, i don't have a good computer 4 that! :*( or maybe im just jumping 2 conclusions, Besides i don't know much about secs and stuff.

Yeah, you're jumping to conclusions. :P
That's all something that will be fixed at some point.

I've been noticing that after the current update that fps been fixed to make the game fun and playable again, but I been noticing the renderings of the astroneer that are been white with black lines like very,very lightly black lines on him I don't know if it's bug but it gives the models a sand blasted look to the game on some object surfaces like you forgot  to clean up the models after they been rendered, I should note this is on the Xbox 1 version

Edited by christopher Logan

Will not fix FPS on consoles???? REALLY??? (will not fix can be translated in dev term as "will not care" ... and they wonder why folks ask for a refunds.)  If you can't fix the fps on xbox, it simply means your game was not meant for consoles and you still fraudulously sold it. I think I prefer my "attitude" to being a petty criminal SE.

Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam versions of the game will all eventually receive performance updates for the FPS issues you may experience. We're not wondering why people ask for refunds, in fact we encourage it whenever we can if that person is simply unable to play our game or is completely unhappy with the pre-alpha, early access experience.

On the store page, on our forum, our Twitter/Facebook/etc., and right in the game itself we advertise the fact that Astroneer is a pre-alpha, early access game that is incomplete. We talk about the fact there will be bugs, there will be crashes, and the experiences will be inconsistent. That's part and parcel for the stage of the games development. Our assumption is that whomever purchases the game this early is aware of those things and is making the purchase to support its development.

In fact, just yesterday we did a stream for over an hour where we discuss more than a dozen common issues the game has and what we are doing to fix them. Did you watch that? We talk about a few of the things you have an issue with, I suggest you watch it so you can better understand why issues happen and what we're doing to address them.

i play on Xbox and i don't have that problem.  every build i start a new save.  i completely turn off xbox between plays.  i manage my tether usage and amount of remote bases i build.  no issues like you are describing.

You buy into a Game Preview game knowing that its still under active development. Then you try and refund it because you're not currently happy with performance? Well, no kidding. Game is still in it's infancy for dev. Game works fine on my xbox one s with patch 119. Cool part about it? You get a extra copy for pc as well! 

sigh, I wish people understood game development more.

13 hours ago, Matthew Ruffino said:

You buy into a Game Preview game knowing that its still under active development. Then you try and refund it because you're not currently happy with performance? Well, no kidding. Game is still in it's infancy for dev. Game works fine on my xbox one s with patch 119. Cool part about it? You get a extra copy for pc as well! 

sigh, I wish people understood game development more.

I can understand the frustration to an extent. Many of these players may not have had prior experience with game previews, let alone pre alpha. For me, it's not my first preview but it is my first pre alpha. Of course it doesn't really help the matter when we have youtubers pitching this game as "Yes Man's Sky". When in all reality the 2 games differ massively. I think a lot of people bought in, expecting a similar experience to No Man's Sky but on Xbox. Personally, I can't help wondering if that was the EXACT reason this particular pre alpha was green lit in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. SystemEra has proven to be dedicated to the experience and to the consumers. It just goes without saying. Maybe MicroSoft saw the opportunity they missed out on and needed a sort of replacement. I know it sounds bad but it''s actually very good. I never got to experience the disappointment, first hand, that was No Man's Sky. But I did experience the let down and the lies.

Here we have a team that has shown they are driven to give the experience, the wonder of the most out of this world experience. It's not perfect, but here's the catch that a lot of players tend to overlook. We get the privilege to watch this game grow and mature. Like an infant child taking it's first steps into the universe. One filled with adventures and stories and exploration. Not only in just the sense of the game but in the sense of an idea.

At the end of that journey lies a disc. A digital blueprint of the steps we all walked. A recording of all the ideas we spread. There is beauty in the whole picture if those players can step away from their magnifying glass and just enjoy the first steps the game is currently taking. Enjoy the beauty of now.

7 hours ago, Issac said:

I can understand the frustration to an extent. Many of these players may not have had prior experience with game previews, let alone pre alpha. For me, it's not my first preview but it is my first pre alpha. Of course it doesn't really help the matter when we have youtubers pitching this game as "Yes Man's Sky". When in all reality the 2 games differ massively. I think a lot of people bought in, expecting a similar experience to No Man's Sky but on Xbox. Personally, I can't help wondering if that was the EXACT reason this particular pre alpha was green lit in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. SystemEra has proven to be dedicated to the experience and to the consumers. It just goes without saying. Maybe MicroSoft saw the opportunity they missed out on and needed a sort of replacement. I know it sounds bad but it''s actually very good. I never got to experience the disappointment, first hand, that was No Man's Sky. But I did experience the let down and the lies.

Here we have a team that has shown they are driven to give the experience, the wonder of the most out of this world experience. It's not perfect, but here's the catch that a lot of players tend to overlook. We get the privilege to watch this game grow and mature. Like an infant child taking it's first steps into the universe. One filled with adventures and stories and exploration. Not only in just the sense of the game but in the sense of an idea.

At the end of that journey lies a disc. A digital blueprint of the steps we all walked. A recording of all the ideas we spread. There is beauty in the whole picture if those players can step away from their magnifying glass and just enjoy the first steps the game is currently taking. Enjoy the beauty of now.

Very beautifully put. I agree with this 100%. 

I actually continued my old save game from patch 117 n it still runs decent, minimal tethers, one fully built base on each planet, hours upon hours of playtime, my vehicles even stay above ground when i returned from another planet..i see lots of improvement since day 1 and its only been out since dec 22nd 2016..thats pretty impressive for a team of 6.. Not to be rude i value everyones opinion but its pretty self explanatory when a games in the 'GAME PREVIEW' section of xbox one that its going to be buggy since its not a finished game.. n the whole no mans sky comparison is irrelevant, the only similarities between astroneer and no mans sky is they're space games..Astroneer cost $20 for a pre alpha with clear instruction and warning that its still very early, no mans sky sold for $60 unfinished while telling everyone it was finished and showed up missing 75% of what was to be in the game, i own both n trust me its nowhere near compareable.. Just sad to see console owners such as myself finally get to take part in developing games and others not appreciate that for what it is.. for a pre alpha game im super impressed and have enjoyed every second played so far, keep up the good work system era it'll get there

Haven't been playing the game as long as some have and yes there have been frustrating moments. That being said before purchase you are informed it is in development, if you are not prepared to deal with this reality then you should not purchase.

BTW luv the game so far even with the glitches and do you really get a free pc copy with the xbox purchase...big smile.

For those of you who have been having issues with Xbox One.  I recently purchased the game and had played over 10 hours if not 20.  The game runs very stable for me.  The mechanics of the game work as I believe they should.  I don't have FPS issues even when playing with other people.  I have a Large main base with many tethers.  I have a smaller base on another planet.

As many other people have stated, this game is Pre-Alpha, There will be bugs.

I have recently encountered saving problems on the xbox one the game sometimes says it's saving the game when actually it doesn't. Other times I try to save and it crashes, kicks me out of game and back to the Xbox one dashboard. Does anybody know why this is happening and is it fixable. Amongst other thing this is very annoying and after hours of work put into building bases and exploring planets it crashes and goes back to previous save. Please help!!!

Edited by Princedry6667