Daeridanii

Three New Vehicles

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I had a few ideas about vehicles that I think would add to the game.

  1. The Mobile Base
    1. I'm imagining this is a very large, slow vehicle capable of mounting quite a few modules, perhaps even base modules such as a vehicle bay or a printer. 
    2. It's purpose would be namely, long distance exploration of a single planet, capable of bringing back a good deal of the resources and research found there.
  2. The "Motorcycle" (For lack of a better term)
    1. High speed and medium range, but low carrying capacity. Perhaps it would only have one large attachment point, allowing just a seat.
    2. Purpose? To go where other vehicles can't go, to the tops of mountains, down the steepest slopes and fitting through the smallest gaps.
    3. My larger idea is that one or two of these might be attachable to the Mobile Base, allowing a multiplayer team to scout out a small area.
  3. The Aircraft
    1. We have ground vehicles and we have spacecraft, but nothing in between.
    2. An aircraft would allow a player or players to traverse large distances quickly. I'm thinking that it would require some sort of fuel, be it Hydrazine or some other resource. However, its fuel consumption would be lower than a shuttle's or spaceship's, making it more efficient with the downside of not being able to reach orbit.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like the idea of having a aircraft. but i wonder how it would affect lag. i get like 1-5 fps when im going into the clouds with shuttle. and then you would have to deal with sandstorms,landing the thing and making sure it can handle flying fast without causing lag issues.

 

However i would like it tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the mobile base and the motorcycle but I'm not sure of the likelihood of flight mechanics. We can hope though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daeridanii said:

Hello everyone! I had a few ideas about vehicles that I think would add to the game.

  1. The Mobile Base
    1. I'm imagining this is a very large, slow vehicle capable of mounting quite a few modules, perhaps even base modules such as a vehicle bay or a printer. 
    2. It's purpose would be namely, long distance exploration of a single planet, capable of bringing back a good deal of the resources and research found there.
  2. The "Motorcycle" (For lack of a better term)
    1. High speed and medium range, but low carrying capacity. Perhaps it would only have one large attachment point, allowing just a seat.
    2. Purpose? To go where other vehicles can't go, to the tops of mountains, down the steepest slopes and fitting through the smallest gaps.
    3. My larger idea is that one or two of these might be attachable to the Mobile Base, allowing a multiplayer team to scout out a small area.
  3. The Aircraft
    1. We have ground vehicles and we have spacecraft, but nothing in between.
    2. An aircraft would allow a player or players to traverse large distances quickly. I'm thinking that it would require some sort of fuel, be it Hydrazine or some other resource. However, its fuel consumption would be lower than a shuttle's or spaceship's, making it more efficient with the downside of not being able to reach orbit.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

See my post "Vehicles" regrading mounting modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PilotChan said:

i like the idea of having a aircraft. but i wonder how it would affect lag. i get like 1-5 fps when im going into the clouds with shuttle. and then you would have to deal with sandstorms,landing the thing and making sure it can handle flying fast without causing lag issues.

 

However i would like it tbh.

Good idea, if the lag results to be a problem then instead of an aircraft you could make a drone the printer . The idea of the aircraft (if i get it well) is about transporting little to no cargo, but to travel large distances and explore quickly. So, not having to worry about fuel consuption (but rather power usage) you can make yourself a cute little RC drone with a camera, and you can explore the planet wothout worrying about how close you are to the last teather you placed.

HOWEVER: The drone has a limited range before it stop getting orders, so you have to craft signal extension modules in order to send it farther and farther away from your position

Thank you for reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Daeridanii said:

Hello everyone! I had a few ideas about vehicles that I think would add to the game.

  1. The Mobile Base
    1. I'm imagining this is a very large, slow vehicle capable of mounting quite a few modules, perhaps even base modules such as a vehicle bay or a printer. 
    2. It's purpose would be namely, long distance exploration of a single planet, capable of bringing back a good deal of the resources and research found there.
  2. The "Motorcycle" (For lack of a better term)
    1. High speed and medium range, but low carrying capacity. Perhaps it would only have one large attachment point, allowing just a seat.
    2. Purpose? To go where other vehicles can't go, to the tops of mountains, down the steepest slopes and fitting through the smallest gaps.
    3. My larger idea is that one or two of these might be attachable to the Mobile Base, allowing a multiplayer team to scout out a small area.
  3. The Aircraft
    1. We have ground vehicles and we have spacecraft, but nothing in between.
    2. An aircraft would allow a player or players to traverse large distances quickly. I'm thinking that it would require some sort of fuel, be it Hydrazine or some other resource. However, its fuel consumption would be lower than a shuttle's or spaceship's, making it more efficient with the downside of not being able to reach orbit.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

I have an option to build a shuttle on my system. Perhaps something you need to find first? I currently have the option for a rover, a truck and a shuttle. (XB1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Idk where to post this but how about a vehicle instead of wheels it has 4 like robotic legs. So its kinda slow but it's easier to move up mountains and in caves and u can put seats or whatever on it just like any other vehicle.....i think it's a great alternative its better than flipping over a rock every 3 seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Idk where to post this but how about a vehicle instead of wheels it has 4 like robotic legs. So its kinda slow but it's easier to move up mountains and in caves and u can put seats or whatever on it just like any other vehicle.....i think it's a great alternative its better than flipping over a rock every 3 seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vehicles that are less sensitive to the rocks would be great.

Two mechanics are obvious:

Legs

Hovering 

How about a hovering speeder and a leg based crane/drill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 3:45 AM, Fly Boy said:

Vehicles that are less sensitive to the rocks would be great.

Two mechanics are obvious:

Legs

Hovering 

How about a hovering speeder and a leg based crane/drill?

Yes! The legged vehicle should be very heavy and slow, but compensated with a storage capacity the double of the truck (In my mind I can only think of a smaller version of an AT-AT)

The hovering speeder can be a direct upgrade of the rover, faster and less of a b*tch to drive, but chews on a lot of energy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AstroBoii said:

Yes! The legged vehicle should be very heavy and slow, but compensated with a storage capacity the double of the truck (In my mind I can only think of a smaller version of an AT-AT)

The hovering speeder can be a direct upgrade of the rover, faster and less of a b*tch to drive, but chews on a lot of energy

interesting ideal lets  hope it makes an appearance later in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of some kind of cycle for scouting and the larger vehicle but the aircraft I think is redundant because they already said they were going to allow us to control the spaceship and shuttle to fly around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2017 at 8:32 PM, Freshcutt said:

hey Idk where to post this but how about a vehicle instead of wheels it has 4 like robotic legs. So its kinda slow but it's easier to move up mountains and in caves and u can put seats or whatever on it just like any other vehicle.....i think it's a great alternative its better than flipping over a rock every 3 seconds

Mini mechanical spider. Direct from Wild Wild West. 

 

Make it happen Devs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AstroBoii said:

Yes! The legged vehicle should be very heavy and slow, but compensated with a storage capacity the double of the truck (In my mind I can only think of a smaller version of an AT-AT)

The hovering speeder can be a direct upgrade of the rover, faster and less of a b*tch to drive, but chews on a lot of energy

If huge storage, maybe make it so big it cannot go cave diving unless you spend a lot of time opening up space. 

It would be amazing for surface gathering, maybe for relocation as well, but nearly impossible to be used as a cave mining vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.1.2017 at 6:32 AM, Freshcutt said:

hey Idk where to post this but how about a vehicle instead of wheels it has 4 like robotic legs. So its kinda slow but it's easier to move up mountains and in caves and u can put seats or whatever on it just like any other vehicle.....i think it's a great alternative its better than flipping over a rock every 3 seconds

dude i can do it for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love the idea of a mobile base i do find it annoying trying to get research things and i have to bring my truck caravan along then carry all of them back to my base which may be very far away at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of a legged vehicle perhaps a smaller eight legged vehicle built specifically for climbing mountains and spelunking in caves. The vehicle would be able to fold up and be carried using an entire truck, (because of its slow speed it would be virtually unusable at long distances), this would allow the player to drive their caravan over to the cave then dismount the spider from the truck and use it to explore the cave. The spider would have the same amount of space as the truck and therefore be able to carry a crane, storage, etc. In addition despite its slow speed the spider would be very useful on the red planet as there are almost no flat plains there suitable for vehicle driving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now