SuicidalMummy

Dead Astroneers

So I have been interested in finding the secrets of Astroneer but something caught my attention. Random DEAD Astroneers. A youtuber Tony Mo the one that got me interested in the game in the first place found something... He went to a cave that he said he's never been to. He went in about 40 meters and went down a cave stream. He found The Golden brick research when he was done he noticed a dead Astroneer right next to a spiker. Most people would think its just him and he didn't tell us that he actually HAS been in the cave BUUUT the dead astroneer was not the astroneer he had on. and as you know when you choose a character you cant change it... just so you know he had the orange Astroneer and the dead one was the first one. I overread something like this in my own world. There was a hard to get to cave that I died about 3 times in. but when I successfully got in there, there were about 5 dead astroneers. At first I thought I just lost count but then a recent visit to the world disproved that... The first and last selectable astroneer look the same... A LOT. but the light placement and the helmet size gave it away. so in the end I dont know maybe a theory. After all Adam keeps hinting at "mysterious things" ( I have no context something along that)  So in concusion we have a case of extra dead people so um yeah dead people.

One time i found a dead body burried like 2 feet in the ground but it was on surface ground, like he died during a storm and the sand covered him.

Have you noticed that you always find a dead body near some kind of danger? Near those spikes, gas plants, ceiling creatures and near big cliffs.

I like think they are the rest of you crew and you were sent to the planet because everyone gone missing.

10 hours ago, loss182 said:

One time i found a dead body burried like 2 feet in the ground but it was on surface ground, like he died during a storm and the sand covered him.

Have you noticed that you always find a dead body near some kind of danger? Near those spikes, gas plants, ceiling creatures and near big cliffs.

I like think they are the rest of you crew and you were sent to the planet because everyone gone missing.

Well you DO launch off a space station. I like that speculation.

The dead bodies are usually in the lowest caves (green caves I believe on Terran).  I have found four in a single cave before.  Usually have dynamite on them, but could be titanium, lithium, air tanks, batteries and other goodies.  The cube technology research items are usually near them, so maybe there is a story here?  The colors for the cubes that I have seen are red, gray and yellow.