PachaTaco

UE4-Astro an unreal process has crashed

so im having this issue where my game will not launch! my specs are  Nvidia gtx 765m and a intel HD 4600 ( multi gpu ) , processor is a intel i7 4700hq quad core with hyperthreading, and i run windows 8.1 oh also 8 gb of ram 

DxDiag.txt

1 minute ago, PachaTaco said:

so im having this issue where my game will not launch! my specs are  Nvidia gtx 765m and a intel HD 4600 ( multi gpu ) , processor is a intel i7 4700hq quad core with hyperthreading, and i run windows 8.1 oh also 8 gb of ram 

DxDiag.txt

Well, 1st of all, it's mentioned that minimum requirements doesn't include a mobile GPU, but I believe this should be sufficient.

I suspect that the issue is caused by your Intel GPU. UE4 engine probably defaults to the Intel GPU which doesn't meet the requirement, thus the crash.

If you can go to device manager and disable the Intel GPU all-together. The game engine should now start using your Nvidia card.

Also, you probably have an option to disable the Intel card from the BIOS.

If you're not that tech savvy and need more in-depth help, I can elaborate.

Once you test this let me know if it worked.

6 minutes ago, piespace said:

Well, 1st of all, it's mentioned that minimum requirements doesn't include a mobile GPU, but I believe this should be sufficient.

I suspect that the issue is caused by your Intel GPU. UE4 engine probably defaults to the Intel GPU which doesn't meet the requirement, thus the crash.

If you can go to device manager and disable the Intel GPU all-together. The game engine should now start using your Nvidia card.

Also, you probably have an option to disable the Intel card from the BIOS.

If you're not that tech savvy and need more in-depth help, I can elaborate.

Once you test this let me know if it worked.

huh so now this is weird, it is now telling me that "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" any clue on what that is?

huh so now this is weird, it is now telling me that "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" any clue on what that is?

Did a quick search on that. Can you update your nvidia gpu drivers to the most recent version?

You didn't mention if you we're able to disable the Intel card or not.

oh my god..... Piespace, you sir are awesome! after i disabled the intel card all i had to do was verify cache in steam and now it has launched, you have brought me happiness today :D

10 minutes ago, PachaTaco said:

oh my god..... Piespace, you sir are awesome! after i disabled the intel card all i had to do was verify cache in steam and now it has launched, you have brought me happiness today :D

I'm glad I was helpful. If you can please close the topic.

I believe all laptop users with 2 gpus are encountering this issue. Might make a How-To on how to resolve this.

I'll have to 1st check if there isn't one already.

WELL CRAP :'( the fun was short lived that  "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine " came back and now im getting that crash again Dx i am sad 

14 minutes ago, PachaTaco said:

WELL CRAP :'( the fun was short lived that  "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine " came back and now im getting that crash again Dx i am sad 

That's weird? Did your laptop overheat or something? You said it was working previously.

Yeah let me try those tomorrow it's pretty late where I'm at lol so yeah I will keep you posted with whats goin on, again I appreciate your helpfulness

@piespace dude im so confused, the game works now but it was after i did the update thing so thanks a bunch for suggesting that! Idk if this topic is left open would this be an ideal place to contact you if further assistance is needed and if i cant find the issues on other topics?

@piespace dude im so confused, the game works now but it was after i did the update thing so thanks a bunch for suggesting that! Idk if this topic is left open would this be an ideal place to contact you if further assistance is needed and if i cant find the issues on other topics?

Well, I help whoever I can, whenever I can. I am not in any way affiliated with SES.

I'd say 1st try to read through the forum if someone else encountered the issue, if not, then you can create a thread and describe the issue.

My answers can be on and off, I can be very active today but not be available at all the next days. (work, irl stuff and so on)

If it comes to it you can message me on Discord.

@piespace alrighty man and trust me, you fooled me for someone who is affiliated with SES,  thanks a bunch though honestly!  

Nah man, not at all. I'm just a random geek. :ph34r:

welp it did it again -_- ive installed the update so that wont work, ive already disabled my intel card but when i play different games its required so that it actually runs good, so now it seems im out of the previous options.....any tips? ( btw im getting the dx11 feature level10.0 thing again )

@piespace hey dude so after multiple attempts to fix astroneer ( by going back and doing some stuff that you told me to do ) it reverted back to saying the  dx11 feature level10.0 thing again im really confused 

I googled for that error message and found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dx11-feature-level-100-is-required-to-run-this/012ef956-8dc7-4515-acb2-0b8915b47761

Seems the person was told to check for an optional Windows update which "enabled" Feature 10 in DX11.

The tech was vague of which update and didn't give a KB number sadly.

Bottom line though it sounds like a DirectX11 issue.

Ich habe ein Problem (Spiel Fortnite), dass der Launcher immer abstürzt und ich kann das Spiel nicht spielen. Ich habe schon einen Fahrer gemacht. 
Meine Grafikkarte ist eine AMD Radeon HD 6470M und ein Intel Core i5 Ich bitte um Hilfe.

Meinte das ich den treiber gemacht geupdatet hab

Edited by Wyvyrias
Post merged