SES_Adam

2015 C++ Runtime Bug + Solutions

Why developers can't fix this error??? I waited a long time for this game, and what is the result? I can not play it!!! Looks like I'll have to ask for a refund!!!((((

I tried all solution suggestions but was not worked. Installed/uninstalled C++ repeatedly, installed/uninstalled game repeatedly but game is not opening. I returned game to steam and i'll not buy again. Producers why didn't resolve this issue? Why is there not explanation? I'm so angry!

I resolved this issue.

1- Go C:\windows\system32 and delete "xinput1_3.dll"

2- install directx from game folder ...steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP

3- Run the game

4- Have fun

10 часов назад, сказал SertaGE:

Я решил эту проблему.

1 - C:\windows\system32 го и удалить "xinput1_3.dll"

2 - установите из папки в папке игры с DirectX ...\общие\ASTRONEER ранний доступ\_CommonRedist\с поддержкой DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP

3 - Запустить игру

4 - получайте удовольствие

не работает

12 hours ago, ^^QumeN^^ said:

не работает (not worked)

Are you check system32 folder after directx install? Did the file created again?

Edited by SertaGE

Hi, guys!

Same problem here but finally solved :)

My computer: Windows 8.1 x64

The problem:
Astroneer installs properly, but Visual-C++2015 doesn't. After each install, the game still requiring this component and it is impossible to start the game.

My solution:

1. Install (only install!) the wonderful CCleaner from here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard . Don't worry, it's free and safe, like good sex ;)
  2. Go to Control panel -> Add or remove programs and uninstall ALL the Visual-C++ versions.
  3. Open CCleaner and click at "Analyze", then "Run Cleaner". This action will make a "clean uninstall", it's very important.ccleaner.png
  4. Reboot your PC
  5. Go to Control panel -> Windows Update -> Configuration and check "important updates" and "recommended updates", then click at "Check for updates". This may take a while, so be patient.
  6. Reboot your PC when Windows demands, and... again... be... patient
  7. We're almost done! Uninstall Astroneer and repeat steps 3 and 4.
  8. Install again Astroneer and.... well, enjoy it!

I hope it helps!

WTF is this ??

I've tried something here but am unclear to proceed. 

I have a lot of c++ redist stuff in my software list, neither of which I'm inclined to uninstall due to maybe breaking something else on my system??

See added screenie.

I'm betting this on developer error. Please fix in a week or game goes for refund. I can deal with pre-buy errors and bugs in game, but not even starting is a no-go-area.

AMA141-2017-jan-8-001.jpg

So i have the same problem

At first i Uninstall the VC 2015 from the System (like the first screen, jes both)

then i Install first the VC from the Astroneer folder (its in your game order, make it with admin rights / *64 for 64 bit / *86 for 32bit)

then the Unreal Engine (same in Astroneer folder and twice with admin rights)

to test it works start Astroneer in Windowed Mode

qwe.jpg

qwf.jpg

qwd.jpg

123.jpg

Edited by Blackridge

I have  had the same problem, running on Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 x64.  I've followed the instructions provided in the second post, and the instructions written by krazypenguin, in that order. I went ahead uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, installed the suggested updates and let Windows Update run a couple of times. No luck there. The method described in the post above worked perfectly, although I cannot rule out that the steps taken before were necessary.

Anyhoo, installing the updates manually from the game folder (with admin rights, as recommended) seems to do the trick and more importantly bypasses any bugs that may crop up with the Windows Updater (as I understand it). Bit strange though.

On 27-12-2016 at 10:29 PM, Stetchy said:

I found that my redist wouldn't install because of the MSU file not executing properly. After looking around and trying stuff you have to do a fairly manually job on it.

So to begin, start up the installation of the 2015 C++ Redist, if it says repair, click that otherwise just install it, it should get at least to the installation of the Windows MSU file, when it starts that it will get stuck as it's not executing. Click cancel, then click the link to view the logs.

In the logs you'll want to find a directory something like:  C:\ProgramData\Package\Cache\3CB6FGH43HAG\packages\Patch\x64(or x86)\WindowsX-KBXXXXX-xYY.msu

Now that you found it, copy the directory and open up command prompt as admin, move your MSU file to a safe, memorable place by typing: move  "<your directory>" C:\safespace.

Next type: expand -F:* C:\directory-to-file C:\another-file-to-expand-into
Finally, type: dism /online /add-package /packagepath:c:\directory-to-expansion\WindowsX-KBXXXXX-xYY.cab

Voila, you are now a 1337 command prompter and can play Astroneer to your heart's content.

Stretchy, I think I have the same issue you describe. All the other solutions here have come up bust so this is my final hope, next to a proper patching of the game.
However, I'm too rusty to get this working.

I have found the file in my vc log and copied it, making it C:\safespace\Windows6.1-KB2999226-x64.msu

Can you elaborate on the next commands using this info, preferrably in a complete copy-paste form.

Help me stretchy-one-kenobi, you're my only hope ;-).

20 hours ago, Tobus[NL] said:

Will try Blackridge's solution too this evening and report back.

@Blackridge and @Chewster, did you do any reboot's between (un)installs of the vc?

Certainly, I restarted the computer between all steps and updates just to be on the safe side of Windows Updater. No idea if it was necessary.

thanks Chewster. I did it to be safe too but to no avail. My software list shows the VC 2015 installed but the game won't start.

I looked at what Stretchy wrote and found the same in the install log: the mcu file will not load due to windows update nutting out. I tried to solve that but it doesnt work, from what I can tell due to some glitch in my windows, basically that my SP1 is not fully/correctly installed. Or at least that's how I understand it. I can not get SP1 reinstalled due to some other stuff I don't understand but thats where I draw the line anyway to get 1 game working out of the hundreds of game and addons in my flightsim installation working fine on my machine.

So I hope Stretchy can help me out, since I can't get the commandlines he stated to work due to my having all but forgotten DOS stuff. If not, then it's hoping for a decent patch for Astroneer that helps circumvent this issue.

Hey Krazypeguin, Thanks for the step by step. This helped, it was easy to follow and while it was not exactly what you stated, I was able to get through it and get the game to work. Thanks!

Edited by lapbplayr

I had problem with C++ Runtime. It didn't want to install. I installed service pack 1 for Windows 7 and all runs fine.

Well considering the secondary forum post they had going on is now closed for some odd reason, i really don't know what to do at this point. I'm on windows 10 and have all the goodies here:

1. Which OS are you running? If Win7, do you have SP1?
  2. Does ucrtbase.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ?
  3. Does msvcp140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ?
  4. Does vcruntime140.dll exist in C:\Windows\System32\ ? 

Alongside the most updated version of Microsoft Visual x64 / x86 (i've tried running the game with only one or the other installed as well) And yet, still not capable of playing the game. :/

OMG this is so old but still a problem? Just bought the game and could not run it. Problem was, i have win10 and a new version, visual c++ 2017. So my first attempts to solve this issue following some of the existing troubleshoots failed off course. I just had to uninstall the new version!

So if you have win10 and this problem, check if you have the 2017 version (or any newer) of visual c++ installed, and uninstall it. afterwards install the 2015 version and run the game. i guess theres not even a reboot required but it dosnt hurt if you do so.

So i suggest to update this topic and even some others existing out there. cmon guys we are in 2018 and you can expect peoples computers have some new software installed.

Havent played just one minute but already posted a solution to run the game, thats not a good beginning of a relationship guys... ?