Gargamel

[BUG] game freezes randomly after 1-30 minutes

I have had the same problem with freezing mine seems be due to getting stuck in a wait chain

1 hour ago, mostlydave said:

Could someone from System Era confirm you know about this and that posting info here is helping?

I know it's early access, but I expect the game to at least run.

They know about it, guys! We just need to wait, aparently.

A reply for an email that I sent to them

f8ad49711a.png

Edited by macalango

Anybody has any update(s) about this bug. It's really pain in the ass to restart the game so often and always loose the progress...

21 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Anybody has any update(s) about this bug. It's really pain in the ass to restart the game so often and always loose the progress...

thats really pissing me out. the game is unplayable! and although they had answer me via email, they didnt make any oficial announcement of making that fix a priority ¬¬

Instead they had patched the tether bug, which drop the FPS.

But a low FPS still better than NOT FPS AT ALL! Thats our problem! We really want to play and they didnt answered us about this :(

Edited by macalango

I to have this issue and the devs have said something about this, they said they couldn't reproduce what was happening. So my guess is we wait and see what happens

2 hours ago, macalango said:

thats really pissing me out. the game is unplayable! and although they had answer me via email, they didnt make any oficial announcement of making that fix a priority ¬¬

Instead they had patched the tether bug, which drop the FPS.

But a low FPS still better than NOT FPS AT ALL! Thats our problem! We really want to play and they didnt answered us about this :(

I am too having this problem. Cant seem to go past 5 minutes of gameplay on the Steam Version.....  

The weird thing is that on the Microsoft Store Version of the game i was able to play the demo for the full 1 hour trial without a single crash!

It seems to me that the MSFT version has the solution to this bug..

I have an AMD Anthlon X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2Ghz

8GB Ram

Win 10 64bits

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB

Same issue here, and I've done some testing today, I did not build ONE single node from the first habitat you land in, just dug around and mined for a while to see if the base was causing it, nope does not seem to be the base. Could be tethers but I doubt it they caused me no FPS difference and I only used 2 sets of them.

Win 10, Geforce 960, AMD A8-7600, 8gb ram, Windowed (still freeze though when not windowed), Beta build

I am also still freezing continually with the latest beta patch released moments ago. I have once again zipped my Astro folder and dxdiag and emailed it in. Hopefully they fix this soon - it's getting quite frustrating. I have to think that it's a very high priority for them though. They probably just don't have the staff to reply to the vast amount of posts they get.

Would be nice to have a changelog with all these patches.

Im not sure whats going on, i honestly think it has to do with amd processors. I was running my 1045T 6 core and the game crashed on launch. I pulled out one of my older Intel processors and motherboard and put my pc back together and i get a steady 50fps and no crashes. Just using it till my 6700k and new motherboard comes in.

19 minutes ago, CyStash said:

Im not sure whats going on, i honestly think it has to do with amd processors. I was running my 1045T 6 core and the game crashed on launch. I pulled out one of my older Intel processors and motherboard and put my pc back together and i get a steady 50fps and no crashes. Just using it till my 6700k and new motherboard comes in.

The game also freezes on my Intel processor.

3 minutes ago, ARandomName44 said:

The game also freezes on my Intel processor.

See and that is weird. Im running my backup Intel I7 920 clocked at 2.67GHz and it works just fine. Plus 16gb of ram. Also im on the experimental build.

Edited by CyStash

i have the same problem sometime i can play for 30 min some other time i cant even get out of the shuttle

also it seems like the game will always crash at the same time in game so if i saved a game an crash 2 min after i saved then reload the game it will crash again 2 min after i started from that last save state

UE4Minidump.rar

DxDiag.txt

Max gameplay is 5 minutes. Average is 3 minutes before lock up. When in co-op, after I lock up and force shutdown, client crash's within a few seconds after.

Steam version, Win 7, i5 cpu, AMD Radeon HD 5800

DxDiag.txt

Hi guys!

We've finally identified the "freeze" issue, and we have a fix in the pipe! Stay tuned, watch the beta branch for updates. We just updated it with a number of crash fixes. Beta will move over to main by morning.

7 minutes ago, SES_Brendan said:

Hi guys!

We've finally identified the "freeze" issue, and we have a fix in the pipe! Stay tuned, watch the beta branch for updates. We just updated it with a number of crash fixes. Beta will move over to main by morning.

installing beta build right now

Vx9bEhj.gif

58 minutes ago, SES_Brendan said:

Just to be clear, beta does not YET have the fix. It does have other fixes. Will let you know when the freeze fix becomes available.

Thank you for the feedback and the inception of this wonderful game. Looking forward to freeze hot-fix so I can really put some time into this game and maybe capture some content for YouTube

A fix for this issue has been pushed to the main branch! Build version 0.2.108.0! Be sure to reboot steam to get it immediately.

Full change notes will be posted on the blog in the morning.

8 minutes ago, SES_Brendan said:

A fix for this issue has been pushed to the main branch! Build version 0.2.108.0! Be sure to reboot steam to get it immediately.

VZClbVa.gif

47 minutes ago, SES_Brendan said:

Seems to be working for me so far! Woohoo! xDxDxD