Gargamel

[BUG] game freezes randomly after 1-30 minutes

9 minutes ago, skuzzi2015 said:

game freezes usually within the first 5 minutes of gameplay. sometimes im able to play for up to 30 but no longer yet... when will this be fixed? paid 20 dollars and cant even stay stable for 5 minutes.. crashes are understood every so often but this is literally unplayable.

In old fancy Blizzard's EULA was written something like "With 20 years of expirience of development of software and games in particular, Blizzard states there are not a piece of software without a bug, Blizzard hovewer will do everything they can to ensure there are as little as possible" (sorry i'm not a native speaker and it was from my memory).

Respective developers of this game already do 2 patches in 2 days, hope they get rid of much more showstoppers in few weeks. I can't play with my friends because of this. :(

For bugfixing a crash... zip up your AppData/Local/Astro folder.  It includes stuff like logs and crash dump information.  Probably help with debuging more than "It crashed after about 20 -30 minutes".

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

6 minutes ago, DeltaKilo said:

In old fancy Blizzard's EULA was written something like "With 20 years of expirience of development of software and games in particular, Blizzard states there are not a piece of software without a bug, Blizzard hovewer will do everything they can to ensure there are as little as possible" (sorry i'm not a native speaker and it was from my memory).

Respective developers of this game already do 2 patches in 2 days, hope they get rid of much more showstoppers in few weeks. I can't play with my friends because of this. :(

shouldnt take a few weeks to fix game stability... ive played alot of in development games and never seen a game that releases completely unplayable. if they have tried to patch the stability it hasent worked in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

For bugfixing a crash... zip up your AppData/Local/Astro folder.  It includes stuff like logs and crash dump information.  Might help the developers.

its completely freezing and forcing me to close through the task manager. will those files show then why its freezing? ive only had one "crash" where the game closes and i get a crash report and i did send it in.

1 minute ago, skuzzi2015 said:

its completely freezing and forcing me to close through the task manager. will those files show then why its freezing? ive only had one "crash" where the game closes and i get a crash report and i did send it in.

The built in crash tool only sends stuff to Unreal...

Having your save file, and the game log from right before the crash can help them figure out the problem.

For example:

• If all the logs show the same game event right before the crash, then they know its probably releated to that event.
  • They can check the savefile to see if there is some corrupted data that triggers the crash... in which case they know to look in the save game code or world gen code for the fault.
  • etc.

I found a fix! Sort of. More of a delay I am having the exact same problem and the issue is resolved by saving the game. I played the game for 20min then it froze. I repeated this process 2 more times. Then at the 18min mark of my 3rd try I saved the game... and I played for another 20min and it crashed... interesting... so for my fourth attempt I started up the game and played for 18 min then saved. And was able to repeat this process for an hour.

In conclusion, saving the game resolved my issue with the symptoms others described in this post. Hopefully I helped some people to spaceneer a little longer ;)

P.S. I have a middle class computer, windows 7, AMD core, Nvidia graphics card and 32 GB of ram. Plz tell me if anyone needs more of my computer specs I am happy to hand them out for the benefit of this amaze balls game :)

I'm having this problem chronically.

Here's a copy of my AppData/Local/Astro folder. Most of the sessions ended in game freezes. Check out the Analytics files and look at the incomplete JSON. It looks like the game was in the middle of a fs write  each time it froze. Might be worth following up?

Astro.zip

DxDiag.txt

I'm playing on Xbox, and I only usually have this issue when I play multiplayer with someone, however, my game crashed after a solid 5-6 hours of playing when I tried to get in my truck. 

18 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

The built in crash tool only sends stuff to Unreal...

Having your save file, and the game log from right before the crash can help them figure out the problem.

For example:

• If all the logs show the same game event right before the crash, then they know its probably releated to that event.
  • They can check the savefile to see if there is some corrupted data that triggers the crash... in which case they know to look in the save game code or world gen code for the fault.
  • etc.

In freasing case there are absolutely nothing interesting in logs and analytics folders. The best that community do is to share manual minidump, dxdiag and output of the utility in sticked post where developers need volunteers.

I replied earlier giving my story about the problem but I've played around with it a bit more. I previously thought that I only crashed while collecting resources/digging but I have now had it freeze while walking regularly so I assume that was coincidence. What I have found though was that saving VERY often (like every time I came back to base) allowed me to play for a little over an hour until I got sloppy and didn't save which resulted in a new freeze. So if you guys want to play for long periods of time before a fix is released then juust save often and see if it helps you at all.

saving does seem to help a bit with my freezing issues. something that i think helped me even more is inching along and letting the planet populate. seems its doing it very slowly for some reason. was able to play for 20 mins up from 2. not using sprint at all and literally inching while walking. second i was running out of oxygen and had to sprint for a second it froze within 2 seconds of stopping the sprint.

Yes since update, it seems longer before freezing.  Saving regularly and does seem to keep going longer, but I was lifting land and it freezes or digging... seems this is a common issue when manipulating land.

I tried the saving often fix and it didn't seem to work for me. It still froze after about five or six minutes of gameplay. 

Edited by RAHagen

Exactly same error here, the game is unplayable. Already freeze while im digging, running and turning the camera. Has freezed on the first minutes and when I got lucky, got to play 30 minutes. Only the video frezzes, the sweet ost keeps playing (and its awesome btw).

Also, close to the freeze my PC always make a noise that looks like its gonna explode. And I play GTA V easily on this, goddammit, its not my PC!

My specs, running on Windows 10:

ss+(2016-12-17+at+04.54.53).jpg

(freezed turning the camera in a fully new game - 1-5min gameplay)

freeze 1.png

(freezed in the same save, mining oxygen on the top of a mountain)freeze 2.png

Edited by macalango

I experience the same issue. I haven't been able to play longer than maybe 10 minutes per session. Music continues to play, cursor can be moved but keyboard input shows no reaction in-game and graphics are frozen. I have to terminate the process with Task Manager. There are not any logs generated. (Analytics can be provided on request.) Saving as often as possible does not help. Although using the deform tool seems to inevitably lead to a freeze, I also had it happen to me in other situations, like just walking around without accessing the deform tool or the backpack, or while trying to do a save (doh).

I am running the Steam version on Window 7 (64 bit, SP1). My computer uses an old Intel Core Duo processor, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB of video memory.

DxDiag.txt

29 minutes ago, Marck said:

I experience the same issue. I haven't been able to play longer than maybe 10 minutes per session. Music continues to play, cursor can be moved but keyboard input shows no reaction in-game and graphics are frozen. I have to terminate the process with Task Manager. There are not any logs generated. (Analytics can be provided on request.) Saving as often as possible does not help. Although using the deform tool seems to inevitably lead to a freeze, I also had it happen to me in other situations, like just walking around without accessing the deform tool or the backpack, or while trying to do a save (doh).

I am running the Steam version on Window 7 (64 bit, SP1). My computer uses an old Intel Core Duo processor, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB of video memory.

DxDiag.txt

I have the exact same issue, makes the game unplayable. I wish the dev's would acknowledge the issue, and maybe update us on a fix. I have played plenty of early access games, but none that just flat out didn't run.

Could someone from System Era confirm you know about this and that posting info here is helping?

Edited by mostlydave

Could someone from System Era confirm you know about this and that posting info here is helping?

I know it's early access, but I expect the game to at least run.

+1, same as all others. Problem was occasional yesterday before Steam Hotfix, unavoidably rapid now after, tried multiple times all of today.