I've been playing Astroneers for a while now, and I think what should be added is a way to craft a space station which requires

4 Titanium

2 Copper

2 Resin

4 Compound

It can be build on the vehicle bay and has to be launched into space using alot of fuel. Once its in space, you can expand it by adding more shells to the station, but only if you land it. You can also add certain stations like the furnace etc., only if you land it. I think this would be a great idea to expand space exploration, and also for having fun with friends on servers.

This is actually a really cool idea. You should contact system era directly. My friend and I haven't played Astroneer in a while. We were waiting for it to be updated more. Maybe you could build in space and this is just a building point to other planets and refueling you shuttle or spaceship.

Edited by TriforceKid10
3 hours ago, TriforceKid10 said:

This is actually a really cool idea. You should contact system era directly. My friend and I haven't played Astroneer in a while. We were waiting for it to be updated more. Maybe you could build in space and this is just a building point to other planets and refueling you shuttle or spaceship.

Thanks! How exactly do I go about contacting system era directly? It sounds like a good idea so my idea can reach them quicker.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, FloppyDisc said:

It can be build on the vehicle bay and has to be launched into space using alot of fuel. Once its in space, you can expand it by adding more shells to the station, but only if you land it. You can also add certain stations like the furnace etc., only if you land it. I think this would be a great idea to expand space exploration, and also for having fun with friends on servers.

I agree except for having to land it to add stuff. I think, to add to it, you would have to launch each module or part. Making it much more expensive and labour intensive to build something like this.

I signed up for this forum for Astroneer specifically to request a spacestation addition. I think that it would be great to have a space station with modules that could be sent up one by one specialized for certain tasks such as botany, large spaceship construction, weaponry (for combating violent life on distant planets), and long-range communications (for in-game transport between multi-player worlds). I want this more than anything else in the game.

they got some ideas, see later topic's about this.
Don't really contact them directly as they would at times go through these things when they have time and try to find something intresting.

Sometimes new ideas, how they would do some of these things I don't know.
Check their trello roadmap.